Television

Rewatching through Seinfeld on Netflix. On the non-fat yogurt episode. One thing is that they confuse fat and calories. Even with non-fat yogurt you def put on 7 or 8 lbs (Elaine and Jerry, respectively) eating it all the time. Then again, in the 90s non-fat everything was a craze. Anyway, those are my musings.

Been watching Paraiso on HBOMAX, and I really like the end credits song. Might need to hunt it down. Could use some good Spanish music in the collection. Also I've been impressed with a lot of Spanish TV shows the last couple years.

Oh Man last nights Secession
I audibly gasped when “Rape Me” started playing during Shiv’s town hall. This season has been phenomenal thus far.
Except after every episode I always feel the need to scrub myself clean with a pumice stone in a shower

It's kind of amazing to me how much they've managed to make out of...whatever it is that has happened on the show up to this point. It doesn't feel like things have moved very far since the first episode of season 1, but maybe I need to go back and re-watch. I just saw that it's been picked up for a fourth season, which is great, but I'm starting to wonder how much longer this can possibly go on. It's never boring, but sometimes it feels like I'm getting fooled into thinking the stakes are higher than they actually are because nothing really seems to change that much.

Rewatching through Seinfeld on Netflix. On the non-fat yogurt episode. One thing is that they confuse fat and calories. Even with non-fat yogurt you def put on 7 or 8 lbs (Elaine and Jerry, respectively) eating it all the time. Then again, in the 90s non-fat everything was a craze. Anyway, those are my musings.
don't see any frozen yogurt stands anymore do you 😊

It's kind of amazing to me how much they've managed to make out of...whatever it is that has happened on the show up to this point. It doesn't feel like things have moved very far since the first episode of season 1, but maybe I need to go back and re-watch. I just saw that it's been picked up for a fourth season, which is great, but I'm starting to wonder how much longer this can possibly go on. It's never boring, but sometimes it feels like I'm getting fooled into thinking the stakes are higher than they actually are because nothing really seems to change that much.
I think there are significant shifts in status quo or power dynamics (just look at Kendall), but the fate of the company and who will remain in charge of it seems pretty unbendable. Watching the show for the scene-to-scene bickering and power plays is very engaging, but yeah, the pieces don't really move. A podcast I listen to described the show as just engineering ways to get the Roy kids into a room so they can bicker, and they meant this as a compliment (as do I).

Making a guess-prediction but putting it in tags:
I think Logan may die this season as a plot point. Because you're right: things stay pretty much the same as long as Logan's in the picture. Plus, dealing with his absence would have a lot of emotional/thematic depth. Maybe next season; the rumbling is that they want to do five and be done.

I think there are significant shifts in status quo or power dynamics (just look at Kendall), but the fate of the company and who will remain in charge of it seems pretty unbendable. Watching the show for the scene-to-scene bickering and power plays is very engaging, but yeah, the pieces don't really move. A podcast I listen to described the show as just engineering ways to get the Roy kids into a room so they can bicker, and they meant this as a compliment (as do I).

Making a guess-prediction but putting it in tags:
I think Logan may die this season as a plot point. Because you're right: things stay pretty much the same as long as Logan's in the picture. Plus, dealing with his absence would have a lot of emotional/thematic depth. Maybe next season; the rumbling is that they want to do five and be done.
I have been thinking along the same lines.

I think Logan dies and Marcia's demands to return to his side blow up when it comes out she is in charge of the Logan Trust and is the single largest shareholder

Back