Television

That was a really good read...thanks for posting it.

As far as how it ended...

I didn't like that it was left open for a sequel, but maybe that's just how I interpreted it. And I agree with @wokeupnew - didn't love that the old man was behind it. I loved his character throughout the show and I'll admit, I didn't have even the tiniest clue that he was behind it all.
Do we assume that was his one and only time in the game?
And for Gi-hung - wasn't his entire motivation to make money so he could travel to se his daughter? It doesn't seem like his final decision matched his motivation to go back the first time.

I kind of saw it in a different way:

My impression was that after 'winning' the game he felt that the prize was essentially blood money and refused to have anything to do with it because it represented the death of his friends. By bettering his life (seeing his daughter etc) he was profiting from the death of all the contestants. It took time for him to overcome this, marked with the dyeing of his hair. I saw the final act of turning back to re-enter the games as a way of taking the organisation down from the inside.

taking the organisation down from the inside.
my first thought was "how the hell is he going to do that?" even though he knows more about the game, what can he actually do? But I suppose that will be for a future season to unveil.

Soooo, my daughter (almost 11) said that a lot of kids in her class were watching Squid Game with their parents. Could I watch this with my daughter, really?

Soooo, my daughter (almost 11) said that a lot of kids in her class were watching Squid Game with their parents. Could I watch this with my daughter, really?
I'm not so sure. The violence begins in E1 and doesn't let up. It's so over the top that it does come off a little comic-book-ish...so that lightens it a little I guess. But there is definitely a lot of blood and death. Plus a couple scenes with nudity.

There has been a big thing about it over here in the UK. A few of my mates and my mum are primary school teacher's and they all say, having watched it, that it isnt something that they should be watching at that age. They even had to send out a letter to the parents to recommend they dont allow their children to watch.

I'm not so sure. The violence begins in E1 and doesn't let up. It's so over the top that it does come off a little comic-book-ish...so that lightens it a little I guess. But there is definitely a lot of blood and death. Plus a couple scenes with nudity.
Okay, so these parents are on something.
Yeah, I'll postpone that one until she's older.

I've watched a TON of tv shows this year (more than ever) and thought I would share what I have watched.

Its quite the mix and looks like a series amount of time on paper....

Gotham - S5
The Queens Gambit - S1
Barry - S1, S2
Lupin - S1
New Girl - S1, S2, S3, S4, S5
The Expanse - S1, S2, S3, S4, S5
An Idiot Abroad - S1, S2, S3
The Sopranos- S1, S2, S3
Criminal UK - S1, S2
WandaVision - S1
Swamp Thing - S1
24 - S1, S2, S3, S4
Taskmaster - S1, S2, S3, S4
Falcon And The Winter Soldier - S1
Lost - S1, S2, S3, S4, S5, S6
Snowpiercer - S2
Sweet Tooth - S1
See - S1
Loki - S1
War Of The Worlds - S1
Manifest - S1, S2, S3
Into The Night - S1, S2
Colony - S1, S2, S3
Rick & Morty - S5
Squid Games - S1
Alice In Borderland - S1
To The Lake - S1
It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia - S1
Clickbait - S1
3% - S1, S2

I've watched a TON of tv shows this year (more than ever) and thought I would share what I have watched.

Gotham - S5
The Queens Gambit - S1
Barry - S1, S2
Lupin - S1
The Sopranos- S1, S2, S3
Criminal UK - S1, S2
WandaVision - S1
Swamp Thing - S1
24 - S1, S2, S3, S4
Snowpiercer - S2
Sweet Tooth - S1
See - S1
Loki - S1
War Of The Worlds - S1
Manifest - S1, S2, S3
Into The Night - S1, S2
Colony - S1, S2, S3
Rick & Morty - S5
Squid Games - S1
Alice In Borderland - S1
To The Lake - S1
Clickbait - S1
3% - S1, S2
This looks like lists of shows I used to watch in College. Since then I'll watch maybe 1/4 of what you have listed here a year. I'm also reminded of a lot of shows that were a one and done hype cycle that I completely forgot (The Queen's Gambit, WandaVision).

Also An Idiot Abroad! Have you seen/watched/heard the animated podcasts of The Ricky Gervais Show? I just love everything Karl.

This looks like lists of shows I used to watch in College. Since then I'll watch maybe 1/4 of what you have listed here a year. I'm also reminded of a lot of shows that were a one and done hype cycle that I completely forgot (The Queen's Gambit, WandaVision).

Also An Idiot Abroad! Have you seen/watched/heard the animated podcasts of The Ricky Gervais Show? I just love everything Karl.
Honestly, I have a soft spot for shows that are so obscure and 'bad' that they end up being quite good.

YES!!! Im a sucker for anything with the Ricky Gervais/Steven Merchant/Karl Pilkington trio. The original XFM show is where they first met and there are 5 seasons worth of them. I have them on loop and have listened to them in their entirety about 5-6 times now, hundreds of hours worth when you add in the specials. It's something that I used to have on in the background (headphones) at work.

Honestly, I have a soft spot for shows that are so obscure and 'bad' that they end up being quite good.

YES!!! Im a sucker for anything with the Ricky Gervais/Steven Merchant/Karl Pilkington trio. The original XFM show is where they first met and there are 5 seasons worth of them. I have them on loop and have listened to them in their entirety about 5-6 times now, hundreds of hours worth when you add in the specials. It's something that I used to have on in the background (headphones) at work.
YES! I used to listen to the XFM shows a lot in college when I had them all downloaded on mp3s. The files got corrupted when I changed computers about 5 years ago. Since then I sporadically listen to some episodes via podcasts, youtube videos, or Spotify. Although, if someone posts them on the Podcast app on iOS, the app will only want to play the most recent episode which doesn't work the best if I want to go back and listen to an older one. Likewise if someone puts them up on Youtube or Spotify, they'll eventually get taken down because of copyright or something else.

I just finished season 1 of Starz' Heels last night. It is a really solid show that revolves around a family wrestling business in Georgia. The focus on family drama, women's role in the wrestling business, and generational trauma made for a really compelling story. I kind of expected a light show with fun wrestling action and that's a big part of it but the drama really elevates it to one of the better new shows I've seen this year.

Gotham - S5
The Queens Gambit - S1
Barry - S1, S2
Lupin - S1
The Sopranos- S1, S2, S3
Criminal UK - S1, S2
WandaVision - S1
Swamp Thing - S1
24 - S1, S2, S3, S4
Snowpiercer - S2
Sweet Tooth - S1
See - S1
Loki - S1
War Of The Worlds - S1
Manifest - S1, S2, S3
Into The Night - S1, S2
Colony - S1, S2, S3
Rick & Morty - S5
Squid Games - S1
Alice In Borderland - S1
To The Lake - S1
Clickbait - S1
3% - S1, S2
No interest in Ted Lasso?? I know it’s been over exposed to death but I don’t care, I still love it!!

I honestly haven't watched a bad Apple TV+ show yet. Ted Lasso, Mr. Corman, Physical, Mythic Quest, The Morning Show.
Then you didn’t watch the first ep of Invasion last night. Wow, that was the longest hour I sat through. It might get better but pretty hard to not go up from the slowest paced alien invasion pilot ever made

Back