Television

I think there are significant shifts in status quo or power dynamics (just look at Kendall), but the fate of the company and who will remain in charge of it seems pretty unbendable. Watching the show for the scene-to-scene bickering and power plays is very engaging, but yeah, the pieces don't really move. A podcast I listen to described the show as just engineering ways to get the Roy kids into a room so they can bicker, and they meant this as a compliment (as do I).
Yeah, it feels like most of the plot development is driven by Kendall's choices - he's the only one who seems unpredictable.

I have to say, before this season, I would have thought that, if Logan died, any of his kids could have been savvy enough to take over and steady the ship. But it's amazing how emotionally insecure and immature they are. These last few episodes feel like a new low for all of them.

I’ve been enjoying the hell out of this season of Succession. It makes me want to rewatch the first two cause it’s been so long.

Also started the Morning Show. Wow. It’s not subtle at all. But it’s pretty entertaining. Some of the writing and line readings are bad at times, but it moves pretty nicely. And I’ve come to really love Reese Witherspoon’s acting lately. I thought she was really good in Big Little Lies and she’s really good on this one.

Oh Man last nights Secession
I audibly gasped when “Rape Me” started playing during Shiv’s town hall. This season has been phenomenal thus far.
One of several great moments this episode. It's getting UGLY and I absolutely love it.

One theory I saw was that
Tom has made a deal with the feds. Both Logan and Shiv gratefully accepted his offer to throw himself under the bus, and he's fighting back. Calls himself a private lawyer and all of a sudden Waystar gets raided by the FBI. Hoo boy.

Last edited:
Currently working my way through Dexter because of the new "reboot".

I watched through season 4 originally when it aired, but I never watched much of season 5...and none after that. I know people had the last couple seasons and the end, but I've really stayed away from major spoilers.

It will be a few weeks before I can really get through these, but I am looking forward to the new reboot.

Currently working my way through Dexter because of the new "reboot".

I watched through season 4 originally when it aired, but I never watched much of season 5...and none after that. I know people had the last couple seasons and the end, but I've really stayed away from major spoilers.

It will be a few weeks before I can really get through these, but I am looking forward to the new reboot.
I watched the whole thing and watched the first episode of the new reboot. I don't think, in hindsight, that the show was ever fantastic from a writing / performing / acting angle. But it was always really fun and interesting...up until like season 5. Then I think it just starts rapidly falling. Have fun though!

The new reboot so far is sorta what I expected. I just hope it wraps things up better.

I couldn't handle the "EVERYTHING IS ALWAYS GOING WRONG" feel of that show. If it wasn't technology, or someone with ill intentions, it was some BS family drama. It just felt forced to me, like they NEEDED to always be in some sort of conflict and one wasn't enough, they needed 3-4 conflicts at any given time.

Latest Succesion was like an hour long car accident. Jesse Armstrong's Peep Show cringe showing through. Insanity. Can't believe we're only halfway through this season.
IllinformedWiltedHapuku-max-1mb.gif

I feel the same way about White Lotus right now. It makes you kind of queasy because it touches on dives right into and swims around in a lot of sensitive issues in uncomfortable ways but it's also somehow kind of hilarious and addictive. And the music and scenery are both really beautiful throughout.
Can’t believe this show hasn’t been talked about more here. I watched the third ep last night and Jennifer Coolidge delivered one of the most emotionally painful and yet awkwardly hilarious scenes of tv I’ve ever seen. I think your comparison with Succession is a good one; it’s more like a shaggy dog version of a lot of the same themes. I’ve seen headlines that a second season has been greenlit by HBO, but I’m not reading any more yet so I don’t spoil the mystery set up in the pilot’s first scene (not that plot is the driving force of a show like this, but still, I don’t want to know).

Can’t believe this show hasn’t been talked about more here. I watched the third ep last night and Jennifer Coolidge delivered one of the most emotionally painful and yet awkwardly hilarious scenes of tv I’ve ever seen. I think your comparison with Succession is a good one; it’s more like a shaggy dog version of a lot of the same themes. I’ve seen headlines that a second season has been greenlit by HBO, but I’m not reading any more yet so I don’t spoil the mystery set up in the pilot’s first scene (not that plot is the driving force of a show like this, but still, I don’t want to know).
White Lotus was wild, haha. Succession is starting to feel more and more like that show as the wheels are coming off now.

Has anyone watched the entirety of The Man in the High Castle before? I watched it years ago, ended sometime in the middle of season 2 and never picked it up again. I was thinking about maybe restarting it up again since I need a new serial drama to watch. I remember liking it but want to know if it's worth continuing

I even have the LP of cover songs which is really good

Has anyone watched the entirety of The Man in the High Castle before? I watched it years ago, ended sometime in the middle of season 2 and never picked it up again. I was thinking about maybe restarting it up again since I need a new serial drama to watch. I remember liking it but want to know if it's worth continuing

I even have the LP of cover songs which is really good

The ending is really okay. I remember being satisfied with how it ended, but not all that surprised by the ending. As I remember, the last season was tough to watch. Parts seemed to drag even though there was a lot of action.

Is there a way to watch Apple TV on your tv if your tv isn’t smart and you don’t have one of those Apple TV box things?

I watch entirely too much TV, I took some time to put together a list of all the shows I watched this year and it came to 😮 like 88 shows' (newest season), mostly new shows but a few older shows I didn't see when they aired originally. Trying to put together a favorites list and had like 30ish shows I really liked. Just so it isn't a huge list my top 20 for the year, so far(have a few others I'm trying to watch) are:
Succession: Season 3
Only Murders in the Building: Season 1
Hacks: Season 1
Ted Lasso: Season 2
Physical: Season 1
Reservation Dogs: Season 1
Squid Game: Season 1
Mare of Easttown: Limited Series
Blindspotting: Season 1
What We Do in the Shadows: Season 3
Heels: Season 1
Lupin: Part 1-2