Television

Has there been any mention of Squid Games on here?

We finished the series tonight and thought it was really good.
I was going to come here to say the she thing. I’ve got two episodes left so I didn’t want to talk about it until I finish it. For some reason it’s giving me strong Breaking Bad vibes. It’s good.

Watching Maid on Netflix which is a limited series inspired by a true story.

very good show but wow does it make me hate “the system”.

Were starting Stranger Things S01-03 yearly viewing tonight. Eleven are you out there ?

strangerthings.png

I was going to come here to say the she thing. I’ve got two episodes left so I didn’t want to talk about it until I finish it. For some reason it’s giving me strong Breaking Bad vibes. It’s good.
The final 2 are rollercoasters for sure!!!

The final 2 are rollercoasters for sure!!!

I was a little annoyed that the old guy was behind everything. It makes his appearance outside that market when he runs into Gi-hung feel less genuine, unless that was planned for some reason. Also I was hoping that Jun-ho survived, but maybe that sets up a sequel where he somehow survived that fall and is alive. I was rooting for him to take the whole thing down but that didn't pay off in a satisfying way. Gi-hung at the very end mirrors Walter White as an anti-hero because he's kind of a bad person. He's going to go back into the game and leave his daughter hanging again? smh. His mom died, his friends died, but he's just sulking and not spending his money. He could at least give it away to the less fortunate, a charity or something. I did a 180 on him throughout where I was rooting for him and then just didn't understand his actions.

Exactly. And while I am bummed Field Destroy never happened, this is an ok resolution.
As a kid growing up in a small town with not much to do me and my friends used to “field destroy” old Tube TVs that were left by the curb during the citywide Spring Clean Up. This usually meant throwing bricks through the tubes which would cause a mini explosionas the gases inside were released. Occasionally we throw them off the bridge that went over the Vermilion River. Those were some wild times.

Last edited:
As a kid growing up in a small town with not much to do me and my friends used to “field destroy” old Tube TVs that were left by the curb during the citywide Spring Clean Up. This usually meant throwing bricks through the tubes which would cause a mini explosionas the gases inside were released. Occasionally we through them off the bridge that went over the Vermilion River. Those were some wild times.
You guys were young rock stars, clearly.

I just started watching Only Murders in the Building on Friday and already caught up to the most recent episode. It's been pleasantly entertaining but felt like it started to lag over the last couple of episodes - right up until that cliffhanger ending. Yeesh!

I was skeptical about Selena Gomez going into it, and my opinion on her hasn't really changed. The couple scenes where she's supposed to be a serious dramatic actor in an intense situation just felt kind of awkward to me, but she handles the comedic bits decently enough. Sometimes, I'm just confused about what's going on with her because her facial expressions and tone of voice seem really disconnected from what is going on with her character.

I love Steve Martin and Martin Short, though. I really hope they keep making things together, even if it's just pointless shows on hulu, haha. Some of the jokes don't really land or they seem like they're trying a little too obviously to be funny in a way that boomers and zoomers can both enjoy, but then they'll do something that reminds you how, no matter their age, they rank in the small handful of the absolute funniest people alive. They play off each other so well - it's not that it's anything new that they haven't done before or that we haven't seen before, but I just can't think of anyone else who can do what they do as well as they do it. They commit so fully to the characters and the interplay between them. It just feels so natural for them, and it's a joy to watch.

Back