Television

Couple episodes into Only Murders in the Building, and it’s such a delight to have Steve Martin and Martin Short on my television screen again. Selena Gomez absolutely holds her own, too.

Also, new season of Bake-Off!
I need to start watching this! I did the tiniest bit of animation for the show and have no clue what episode it’s in 😂😂.

How do you guys like the new cast on Great British Baking Show ? We miss Mary and the old hosts.
I miss Mary and Mel and Sue, but I’m not gonna lie, I enjoy Noel and Matt. Prue is whatever. I wasn’t much a fan of Sandi.

As far as the contestants, I’m loving Jurgen and Giuseppe, and Crystelle’s enormous eyes are kind of hypnotizing.

How do you guys like the new cast on Great British Baking Show ? We miss Mary and the old hosts.
i love noel fielding. don't love Matt Lucas though. I liked Sandy better.

i see @kvetcha and i have differing views on matt vs sandy! i like matt on his own, but him and noel are too similar to me. i liked the mix of someone a bit more serious with noel.

i love noel fielding. don't love Matt Lucas though. I liked Sandy better.
Noel’s a great fit, but I always sensed weird tension between him and Sandi. He and Matt feel like they have better chemistry.

I got a good laugh out of Matt’s understated ‘Well, I don’t know that I’d call it a text’ regarding his German translation of the Flintstones theme.

edit: I get what you’re saying re Noel and Matt being on a similar wavelength. But I always got that a bit from Mel and Sue, too - they were good friends and could sort of finish one another’s sentences. Sandi was, no pun intended, so dry.

I miss Mary and Mel and Sue, but I’m not gonna lie, I enjoy Noel and Matt. Prue is whatever. I wasn’t much a fan of Sandi.

As far as the contestants, I’m loving Jurgen and Giuseppe, and Crystelle’s enormous eyes are kind of hypnotizing.
As a team Mel and Sue were the best, but I am a big fan of Noel Fielding. I think he has better chemistry with Matt vs Sandi.

I usually don't attached to any of the bakers until the first 2-3 weakest links are set home, but I am an early member of Team Jurgen.

Speaking of Noel, they have brought back Never Mind the Buzzcocks, with Noel and Daisy May Cooper as team captains and Greg Davies as the host. First ep was pretty good. Though they had Nish Kumar on and he really should be a captain since he has a great knowledge of popular music and is a pretty good musician himself.

As a team Mel and Sue were the best, but I am a big fan of Noel Fielding. I think he has better chemistry with Matt vs Sandi.

I usually don't attached to any of the bakers until the first 2-3 weakest links are set home, but I am an early member of Team Jurgen.

Speaking of Noel, they have brought back Never Mind the Buzzcocks, with Noel and Daisy May Cooper as team captains and Greg Davies as the host. First ep was pretty good. Though they had Nish Kumar on and he really should be a captain since he has a great knowledge of popular music and is a pretty good musician himself.
I love Nish. The season with him on Taskmaster is absolutely fantastic. I think that's my favorite overall season of that show even though there are so many great seasons.

Re: GBBO

I think Noel can be great, but sometimes I get this feeling that he makes the bakers more annoyed than helpful. More true for Matt, who I don’t like in general, but he’s not as bad as I thought he’d be on Bake Off. Prue…not a fan. Really miss Mary. Mel and Sue had the best chemistry as hosts though, and they were very funny, and they were genuinely helpful. No other duo since has captured that.

Still love the show though!

Anyone here watch Bake Off - the Professionals? Its GBBO with teams of pastry chefs. Liam Charles (former GBBO contestant) and Tom Allen host. They actually do a good job. I would prefer them I think to Noel and Matt.

Back