Television

Gonna watch Deadwood: The Movie later tonight...I've avoided spoilers for the most part.

What did you think?

I know they could only do so much with 2 hours, so my expectations were tempered. It was great to see all the characters and the dialog was so well written as usual. But even with that, I just felt kind of empty during and after. I know I'll watch it again, so my thoughts may change after another viewing. I'm not saying it sucked or anything close to that effect.

What did you think?

I know they could only do so much with 2 hours, so my expectations were tempered. It was great to see all the characters and the dialog was so well written as usual. But even with that, I just felt kind of empty during and after. I know I'll watch it again, so my thoughts may change after another viewing. I'm not saying it sucked or anything close to that effect.

I actually didn't get a chance to watch it yet. I was going to, but thought I would watch the series over again since it has been at least a year or 2.

Gonna try to binge it this weekend if I can. Getting through a rewatch of Battlestar Galactica atm.

A rewatch eh? I stalled on it and couldn't get myself back into it...I should probably finish it then?

Oh man, I didn't know this. You should absolutely finish it!
I rewatch it about every 2 years or so.

I liked it. Probably the most I've watched of a SyFy show

It's such a great syfy show! It is extremely intelligent. It touches on religion and philosophy and politics. It's well written. I loved it! I haven't rewatched it, I tend to rewatch lighter shows (shout out to Parks N Rec, I've gotta start my 9th rewatch of it). But BG may be an exception soon.

Speaking of SyFy shows, they recently cancelled two shows that werent great, but I enjoyed very much in Happy and Deadly Class

I was a huge fan of Big Little Lies. Like, that first season is nearly perfect TV with a great ending. So, I was not completely all-in on the idea of a season two. But now that it’s started, I’m actually happy it’s back. There’s so much good stuff within this show. The acting, of course, but also the cinematography, editing, music...it’s all just so well put together with a look and feel I just love. Season two I believe had lost the director of all of season one, whose style really made the show stand out. Yet in the first new episode, it feels basically the same, like they’re imitating his style. And it works. The progression feels natural, the characters are still specific and complex. And the addition of Meryl Streep...I must admit, I wasn’t so excited like the rest of the internet was when this was initially announced. But uh yeah I’m fully on board now cause she’s incredible in it.

I was a huge fan of Big Little Lies. Like, that first season is nearly perfect TV with a great ending. So, I was not completely all-in on the idea of a season two. But now that it’s started, I’m actually happy it’s back. There’s so much good stuff within this show. The acting, of course, but also the cinematography, editing, music...it’s all just so well put together with a look and feel I just love. Season two I believe had lost the director of all of season one, whose style really made the show stand out. Yet in the first new episode, it feels basically the same, like they’re imitating his style. And it works. The progression feels natural, the characters are still specific and complex. And the addition of Meryl Streep...I must admit, I wasn’t so excited like the rest of the internet was when this was initially announced. But uh yeah I’m fully on board now cause she’s incredible in it.
I was thinking the same thing as I watched last night. It's the same style. And I'm not even sure I like the story anymore but the music they use and the way they use it just makes me love every scene.

Reese is playing her character soooooo over the top but it works. Goodness, I would loathe that woman in real life. But since I don't have to deal with her, she's a riot!

I was thinking the same thing as I watched last night. It's the same style. And I'm not even sure I like the story anymore but the music they use and the way they use it just makes me love every scene.

Reese is playing her character soooooo over the top but it works. Goodness, I would loathe that woman in real life. But since I don't have to deal with her, she's a riot!

The biggest problem with the first season was the direction of Jean-Marc Vallée, Andrea Arnold is a huge upgrade and it shows, she's awesome! I've been pumped for this season since it was announced she was directing all the episodes.

The biggest problem with the first season was the direction of Jean-Marc Vallée, Andrea Arnold is a huge upgrade and it shows, she's awesome! I've been pumped for this season since it was announced she was directing all the episodes.
Wow I disagree. His direction is a lot of what made the show so special to me. He also did Sharp Objects, which once again really stands out and shines because of his style. I think either show in lesser hands might produce something not so good. Luckily, though, the new director is basically taking his blueprint and running with it, so I’m not mad.

Her character is I think my favorite on the show. Not because I necessarily like her or relate to her. It’s more...I’m fascinated and constantly entertained by her.

Wow I disagree. His direction is a lot of what made the show so special to me. He also did Sharp Objects, which once again really stands out and shines because of his style. I think either show in lesser hands might produce something not so good. Luckily, though, the new director is basically taking his blueprint and running with it, so I’m not mad.
BLL is the only one of his projects I liked, I've seen and hated all the others. I guess it's just a question of personal taste.

Just finished The Leftovers last night (I'm late to the party, I know :p ). Wow. What a series. That show has some of the best episodes of television I've ever seen. Each season is VERY different, and I definitely appreciated them all in different ways. I'm really excited to rewatch it knowing what I know now, as like I said, each season is SO different that it really took me some time to adjust each go-around.
My girlfriend and I just finished the second season of this, and we're loving it, too. The first few episodes were a little rough around the edges but it's really rounded into form. The "International Assassin" episode in s2 was incredible. Season 3 is on its way from my local library so we'll probably binge that very quickly.

My girlfriend and I just finished the second season of this, and we're loving it, too. The first few episodes were a little rough around the edges but it's really rounded into form. The "International Assassin" episode in s2 was incredible. Season 3 is on its way from my local library so we'll probably binge that very quickly.
One of my all-time favourites! It just keeps getting better from start to finish. The score by Max Richter and the rest of the music use is also incredible, especially in season 3.

Agreed. I loved the "Homeward Bound" karaoke scene in the last episode of season 2 and the piano "Where Is My Mind" throughout.
Those are great examples, I made a Spotify playlist of the soundtrack songs for all 3 seasons. Don't want to post a link to avoid musical spoilers, but if you want it later on let me know.

Those are great examples, I made a Spotify playlist of the soundtrack songs for all 3 seasons. Don't want to post a link to avoid musical spoilers, but if you want it later on let me know.
That would be awesome. Thanks! But yeah, I'll wait a week or so, heh.

I would love in on this playlist when the time is appropriate for sharing.

The Leftovers was a great show! And kudos to them for knowing when to end the show.

I would love in on this playlist when the time is appropriate for sharing.

The Leftovers was a great show! And kudos to them for knowing when to end the show.
Here's the link:

If you like it, you can check out my profile, I have tons of other TV soundtracks playlists.
@BjorgenFjorgen You'll just have to resist temptation until you finish the series.

Back