Television

It looks like Kevin, Kevin’s dad, and Winnie Cooper are all gonna make cameos during ABC’s other shows to promote the new series (I guess Paul was busy)….

I am not gonna lie I just assumed the actor that played Kevin’s Dad was dead. I guess the ending on the show where Daniel Stern talked about him having a massive heart attack and dying must have caused me to assume he was no longer with us.

It looks like Kevin, Kevin’s dad, and Winnie Cooper are all gonna make cameos during ABC’s other shows to promote the new series (I guess Paul was busy)….

I am not gonna lie I just assumed the actor that played Kevin’s Dad was dead. I guess the ending on the show where Daniel Stern talked about him having a massive heart attack and dying must have caused me to assume he was no longer with us.
Paul is a legal advisor to those trying to make it big in entertainment.

Obviously Freak & Geeks was probably the closest in tone to a spiritual successor to Wonder Years
Such a great show

MFF.gif

Obviously Freak & Geeks was probably the closest in tone to a spiritual successor to Wonder Years though I doubt Sam Weir ever looked back at his time in High School with “Wonder” the way Kevin Arnold did.

Last time I was watching through it, I realized the show is set when my dad was in high school, which kind of blew my mind a little.

Any suggestions on which season to start Bosch in ? Don't really want to scan through 7 seasons right now. Tx
The whole series is great, and kinda puts everything in place if you go through it all. I want to say season 5 was really good, and the mention of jazz and vinyl really picks up in season 7. I think as the world has picked up on the vinyl book, the show brought that farther into it.

Any suggestions on which season to start Bosch in ? Don't really want to scan through 7 seasons right now. Tx
lance-bosch.gif

ALL OF IT.

This shot of Bosch's abode gave me such a hifi boner I just had to take a screenshot:

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/v221/Bent/bosch.png

Although kind of annoys me he leaves his whole swank audio setup at the mercy of the LA sun screaming in through those huge damn windows all day.

lance-bosch.gif

ALL OF IT.

This shot of Bosch's abode gave me such a hifi boner I just had to take a screenshot:

Although kind of annoys me he leaves his whole swank audio setup at the mercy of the LA sun screaming in through those huge damn windows all day.
Marantz tt, vintage McIntosh tubes, driving Walsh Ohm speakers. I'm sure the windows have uv protection. But I would need some curtains.

The whole series is great, and kinda puts everything in place if you go through it all. I want to say season 5 was really good, and the mention of jazz and vinyl really picks up in season 7. I think as the world has picked up on the vinyl book, the show brought that farther into it.
lance-bosch.gif

ALL OF IT.

Well, we're officially binge addicted, finishing up Season 2 today.

It's a great one, enjoy!
It can be a bit over the top sometimes, but we are enjoying it. The odd jazz references and Mc system are cool kind if like seeing the turntable on House or the system in As Good As It Gets..

Also like the character actors they use

Last edited:
Well, I'm happy to report that Hisense came my way. I told them that I didn't want another Hisense product and that I was definitely not going to give them 100 dollars, refundable or not. They called me back the following day and are shipping me a pre-labeled box to ship the TV back, and then I'll get a full refund once they receive it.
So with that news, I went out yesterday and picked up a 50" Samsung smart TV. Now I can get back to Ted Lasso, among other things.

Well, I'm happy to report that Hisense came my way. I told them that I didn't want another Hisense product and that I was definitely not going to give them 100 dollars, refundable or not. They called me back the following day and are shipping me a pre-labeled box to ship the TV back, and then I'll get a full refund once they receive it.
So with that news, I went out yesterday and picked up a 50" Samsung smart TV. Now I can get back to Ted Lasso, among other things.
Awesome! Glad it worked out. (Though slightly disappointed no field destroy was involved).

Back