Television

Have not been loving this new season of the Expanse, but also in the books I found this storyline with Marco a bit lacklustre. Plus the whole Cas Anvar/Alex issue leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Just wish they would just do a spinoff with Amos
It’s a weird way to go, splitting up the entire crew across the system. We are like 5 episodes in and I don’t think anyone from the Rocinante has been together this season yet.

Just started watching The Investigation. It is Danish but I think HBO Max picked it up for later this year in the US. It is about the Danish guy who built a submarine and killed a reporter in 2017. But it is great so far, 2 eps in. If you like slow television, this is for you.

So, I've seen ads now for American Gods season 3. Never bothered with the second season. Was it worth it? I loved the book, thought season one was decent enough. Never heard much about season 3 except that I think the reception was...bad? I can't remember.
Your description of S1 as "decent enough" would also be a good description of S2.

I, as well, loved the book and, in general, love Neil Gaiman's work and the mythology he weaves through his stories.

American Gods, IMO, is a backburner show. That is, get around to watching it but probably during a time where you have to wonder what you'll watch next.

The Serpent on BBC was really good ...

All based on true events too which was pretty disturbing..some great music sprinkled throughout too ..
Started to watch, just not sure how they will keep the story moving for 8 eps. Oh and Jenna Coleman has a terrible Quebecois accent. But seems interesting so far

Mr. Mayor is Good! As someone who loves everything that Tina Fey and Robert Carlock have created it wasn’t a surprise but still, it’s nice to have another funny show on NBC staring Ted Danson.

We've only watched the first episode so far but liked it more than I thought I would considering the reviews I've seen for it.

So, I've seen ads now for American Gods season 3. Never bothered with the second season. Was it worth it? I loved the book, thought season one was decent enough. Never heard much about season 3 except that I think the reception was...bad? I can't remember.
I'm in the same exact boat. After Bryan Fuller and Gillian Anderson left I kind of lost any interest.

We've only watched the first episode so far but liked it more than I thought I would considering the reviews I've seen for it.
Yeah, the first episode was a lot of exposition. My guess is NBC gives this show a couple seasons it could end up being great. The talent is there they just need to find the footing.

I finished watching The Queens Gambit last night and absolutely loved it. Im thinking of picking up the book when we come out of lockdown.

We only have 1 episode of The Flight Attendant left as well, what a ride that has been!

And finally I watched the first 2 episodes of Lupin last night. All I can say is WOW. Its quite the fast paced adventure, towards the end of the first episode I paused to see if there were more episodes as it seemed like everything was tied up by the end.....I was wrong!

We only have 1 episode of The Flight Attendant left as well, what a ride that has been!
Give a report on what you think of the last episode. I loved the series but disliked the far-fetched way they wrapped it up - it felt lazy.

Also, I always gave Kaley Cuoco short shrift - mainly because I was on a scale of turned off to ambivalent toward The Big Bang Theory. But with her voicing Harely Quinn in the fantastic, eponymous cartoon and now The Flight Attendant (as well as, I believe, production credits on both) - I'm duly impressed by her.

P.S. The Queen's Gambit is great!

Give a report on what you think of the last episode. I loved the series but disliked the far-fetched way they wrapped it up - it felt lazy.

Also, I always gave Kaley Cuoco short shrift - mainly because I was on a scale of turned off to ambivalent toward The Big Bang Theory. But with her voicing Harely Quinn in the fantastic, eponymous cartoon and now The Flight Attendant (as well as, I believe, production credits on both) - I'm duly impressed by her.
Really!? I had no issues whatsoever with the season finale which tied up the storyline's loose threads and set up perfectly season 2.

Really!? I had no issues whatsoever with the season finale which tied up the storyline's loose threads and set up perfectly season 2.
Correct, it did set up season 2 nicely. My issue is with Shane suddenly being an FBI agent. That serves as a deus ex machina. (Correct me if I missed something) Nowhere in the preceding episodes was there an indication that Shane may be something else. Even if not immediately apparent - at least somewhere we can go back to after finding out who he was and do forensics and be like "Oh wow, that buried that cleverly." It's just like "How do we get this resolved? Um, ok, I got it - one of them will be an LEO." I know this is based off of a book, which I don't know how the author did it. But either A) the show writers took artistic liberties that weren't good or B) the author ended it like that and the writers SHOULD HAVE taken artistic liberties (unless, of course, the author did a better job of setting up Shane's character). It came off as lazy In the end, my review of the season/series is glowing. But in light of that, I'm still going to be critical where criticism is due.

Started to watch, just not sure how they will keep the story moving for 8 eps. Oh and Jenna Coleman has a terrible Quebecois accent. But seems interesting so far
Trust me it’s worth sticking with ..it spans a number of years and different continents..so good I brought the book it was based on ..proper tension in some episodes

I'm really looking forward to the rest of season 2 of A Discovery Of Witches.

Once again this show is exceeding my expectations. Very good production quality.

Not much action yet in S2E1, but a lot of plot building.

This show has to rank up there on best book to tv productions of all time on my list.

Back