Television

Didn't realize this was back. I just binged the first season on a whim a couple weeks ago. Been excited about it and The Expanse coming back in December.
That show is great.

Looks like there is only going to be one season after this, which I hear is compressing the final 3 books into one season. Kind of a Game of Thrones situation...

That show is great.
Curious, based a conversation about this show here last year, if you were already familiar with the source material when you started watching. We weren’t, and despite feeling like the concept was interesting, we couldn’t figure out what the hell was going on or what the “rules” of this world were, and basically gave up in the middle of the first season.

That show is great.

Looks like there is only going to be one season after this, which I hear is compressing the final 3 books into one season. Kind of a Game of Thrones situation...
From what I hear (and this is just speculation i'm on the 5th book at this point), that book 6 works as an ending on its own, and books 7-9 sort of continue off from that. Sort of like a Dragonball -> DBZ situation. That's not to say they won't try and condense them all into one season, but we will see.

Last edited:
From what I hear (and this is just speculation i'm on the 5th book at this point), that book 6 works as an ending on its own, and books 7-9 sort of continue off from that. Sort of like a Dragonabll -> DBZ situation. That's not to say they won't try and condense them all into one season, but we will see.
Yea there is a 30 year time jump after book 6. I would assume that's where they would end the show. I havent gotten that far (Book 3 for me) but a friend who has read them all claims book 6 is a solid ending for the show.

Curious, based a conversation about this show here last year, if you were already familiar with the source material when you started watching. We weren’t, and despite feeling like the concept was interesting, we couldn’t figure out what the hell was going on or what the “rules” of this world were, and basically gave up in the middle of the first season.
Nope!

I just think it’s fun serialized space shit. I don’t typically read those type of books

Yea there is a 30 year time jump after book 6. I would assume that's where they would end the show. I havent gotten that far (Book 3 for me) but a friend who has read them all claims book 6 is a solid ending for the show.
Any idea how much Alex getting booted is going to impact the show?

Watching Breaking Bad for the first time sort of on a whim. How do they manage to squeeze so much pain into every minute of every episode? At any rate, don't seem like I'm saying anything new but Cranston's and Paul's acting are supernatural.
I feel like they squeeze more and more pain into it as it goes along too. Some episodes in the final season are just crushing.

From what I hear (and this is just speculation i'm on the 5th book at this point), that book 6 works as an ending on its own, and books 7-9 sort of continue off from that. Sort of like a Dragonball -> DBZ situation. That's not to say they won't try and condense them all into one season, but we will see.
Yeah I stopped after 6 and would agree. A lot of the books are arc endings though and not cliffhangers so it's not really like GOT.

Edit:Wait this is about the expanse right? Not His dark materials?

Yeah I stopped after 6 and would agree. A lot of the books are arc endings though and not cliffhangers so it's not really like GOT.

Edit:Wait this is about the expanse right? Not His dark materials?
LOL, I initially thought the convo was about His Dark Materials but then realized it was Expanse talk. I haven’t read either but I’ve watched and enjoyed The Expanse.

LOL, I initially thought the convo was about His Dark Materials but then realized it was Expanse talk. I haven’t read either but I’ve watched and enjoyed The Expanse.
I think His Dark Materials is just a trilogy except The Book of Dust trilogy that isn't finished yet. Not sure if the show will go there or be the main trilogy. Haven't seen it.

I only made it a few episodes in to the Expanse but I would like to watch it eventually.

That show is great.

I hope not =\. I love this show and I don't want to see that happen.

Nope!

I just think it’s fun serialized space shit. I don’t typically read those type of books

Ohhhh, I *was* talking about His Dark Materials, I thought that’s what @gouis was saying he thought was great. Sorry, crossed wires, I get it now.

Back