Television

... at times. The good definitely outweighs the bad but their are some real stinkers in their too. The first 2 seasons and the last season are pretty great.
Just started season 2, but logically im thinking the roadmap for the entire series probably plays out with lots of dumb drama wrapped up in the reelection section of the series and then back to the day to day political stories as it rolls into the final season. It's a very fortunate show in that it managed to arrange a fantastic cast. If one of these actors werent in their roles and were replaced by someone else, I dont know if I'd like it as much as I do.

Just started season 2, but logically im thinking the roadmap for the entire series probably plays out with lots of dumb drama wrapped up in the reelection section of the series and then back to the day to day political stories as it rolls into the final season. It's a very fortunate show in that it managed to arrange a fantastic cast. If one of these actors werent in their roles and were replaced by someone else, I dont know if I'd like it as much as I do.
Don't get me wrong I love West Wing too for the most part. I enjoy the unfettered liberal idealism. Sorkin had a lot to do with it's success but when he had to step aside for awhile to deal with his cocaine issues/burnout you really feel it.

I started 'For All Mankind' yesterday and I'm 4 episodes in (1hr each) already. Its a really intriguing premise
whereby a Soviet cosmonaut becomes the first man on the moon and in doing so urges the US to a point where the space race never ends
and one which is opening more and more interesting plots. Well worth watching the first few episodes if you have some time free.

I watched The Sopranos when it initially aired and just finished rewatching the whole series again last month I will say it has aged remarkably well and that it is worth the time to rewatch quality TV if given the opportunity. I feel like I got a lot more out of it this second time through than I did the first time. In a show full sociopaths, Pauly is my favorite. No one goes from comically charming to ferociously menacing at the drop of a hat and with such aplomb as old Pauly Walnuts.

Last edited:
Well...I'm finally watching The Sopranos. So far so good. I'm in

I just started a re-watch over the weekend. (this will be my third lap) I can't believe how great it still is. It has some ups and downs throughout its run but the main characters are so consistently great, especially Gandolfini's Tony and Falco's Carmela. The chemistry between those two is stunning, it really is. It's hard to say anything that hasn't been already said about this show...I'm just glad it holds up relatively well two decades later.

Easy to watch comedies need some recommendations.

AP Bio or Superstore? or another one I wouldn’t know about?

Cheers, it’s my favorite all time. I remember watching as a kid but man is it great as adult. We watched all the way through a few years ago and it has been in heavy rotation since. We’ve probably watched it all the way through 4 or 5 times now. Also, I might just sound like an aged Millennial but I don’t feel enough people of my generation or younger give it enough of a chance.

The another one is Happy Endings. It’s a great hang out show with a funny cast. One last recommendation would be Party Down another great cast.
To keep going on the easy to watch comedies that are a bit older:
Northern Exposure
News Radio
The Bob Newhart Show
The Mary Tyler Moore Show
Wings -- I remember this from the 90's but I really need to rewatch to see if it's as good as I remember
Living Single

I watched the first two episodes and couldn't get into it. I couldn't relate to the characters and got bored with it. I even enjoy playing chess. It just didn't grab me, it felt so emotionless.
Geez Max, you act like you've never been a introverted girl who is good at math but not so good with interpersonal skills. Who couldn't relate to this?!

To keep going on the easy to watch comedies that are a bit older:
Northern Exposure
News Radio
The Bob Newhart Show
The Mary Tyler Moore Show
Wings -- I remember this from the 90's but I really need to rewatch to see if it's as good as I remember
Living Single
I need to give The Bob Newhart Show a go. I absolutely loved Newhart but still haven’t tried BNS. I haven’t watched Northern Exposure yet Either, but that one is tough as I do not think it is streaming anywhere due to music rights issues unfortunately. News Radio is a stone classic. Wings is good, it has a really good cast (it even had a crossover/episode with Cheers.The guys behind Cheers also did Wings another good one they did prior to Cheers was Taxi another killer cast. I would throw in another good one that was on around the same time as Cheers and had a few cast members guest star in Cheers episodes was Night Court.

I love talking old TV.

Back