Television

You are probably aware that It was originally written as an Office spin off, but that idea was obviously scrapped but it think the initially wrote Leslie Knope as a Michael Scott-esque Buffoon and it took most of the first season for Poehler and Schur to Flesh out her character, that being said the secondary character (outside of sad dog Mark Brandanowitz) Hit their respective strides much faster than their Office counterparts.
Yeah it’s clear she’s a bit dumbed down in the first season. But the personalities of the other characters, except maybe to some extent Andy, are all starting off similar to what they’d become.

Some updates...
Finished S2 E4 of Dead to Me, loving it.

Not sure why I’m still watching Run, there’s really nothing likeable about the leads.

Ep 1 of the Eddy was interesting enough for me to keep watching.

Did not realize Dead To Me was back... gotta get on that.

I'm halfway into season 3 of Parks And Rec. Yeah, we've been going through it very fast. This is the most comforting show for me right now. I had forgotten some of these episodes completely. Also this go-around I think I'm enjoying Andy the most.

I'm surprised not to see anyone talking about Upload. It very, very much feels to me like Greg Daniels' response to The Good Place.

Word of warning in case you sit down to watch it with a 14 year old like I did, it's quite a bit more mature than that show or than the trailer might lead you to believe. We made it all the way through, but there were a couple of moments when my pretty laid back wife wasn't sure it was appropriate to keep watching with her.

Anyway, everything you've seen that says it's The Good Place x Black Mirror? That's it. It's got a cheerful veneer, but the concepts are actually quite dark. It also takes some risks; a lot of high-concept shows like this try to wrap everything up fairly neatly and then introduce a new plot in the next season, but this one is not doing that. I'll be interested to see where it goes.

We also tried Mindy Kaling's Never Have I Ever, which is, again, sort of an uncomfortable show to watch with a teenage girl. It's disappointing so far, after 5 episodes. The actors are good, the premise is good, but...it's just not sharp enough, or something. I have gotten a couple of big laughs from John McEnroe's narration, which is a funny device for them to stick with.
Finished S2 E4 of Dead to Me, loving it.
My wife and I were just talking a couple of weeks ago about looking forward to this. When we saw the trailer pop up on Netflix though, we realized that we don't remember ANYthing about the first season.
Not sure why I’m still watching Run, there’s really nothing likeable about the leads.
Right? Every person associated with this makes it seem like a slam dunk. But it is … not good.
We kinda gave up after the episode when they arrive in Chicago (the third one maybe?). Is it really only 7 episodes? Seems like a bad sign if I can't even give it two more hours to see how it wraps up.

Out of interest has anyone watched Power? I finished the series the other night and actually thought it was one of the stronger finishes to a tv show.

I have moved on to Ozarks now and 2 episodes in I am already hooked.

I'm surprised not to see anyone talking about Upload. It very, very much feels to me like Greg Daniels' response to The Good Place.

Word of warning in case you sit down to watch it with a 14 year old like I did, it's quite a bit more mature than that show or than the trailer might lead you to believe. We made it all the way through, but there were a couple of moments when my pretty laid back wife wasn't sure it was appropriate to keep watching with her.

Anyway, everything you've seen that says it's The Good Place x Black Mirror? That's it. It's got a cheerful veneer, but the concepts are actually quite dark. It also takes some risks; a lot of high-concept shows like this try to wrap everything up fairly neatly and then introduce a new plot in the next season, but this one is not doing that. I'll be interested to see where it goes.

We also tried Mindy Kaling's Never Have I Ever, which is, again, sort of an uncomfortable show to watch with a teenage girl. It's disappointing so far, after 5 episodes. The actors are good, the premise is good, but...it's just not sharp enough, or something. I have gotten a couple of big laughs from John McEnroe's narration, which is a funny device for them to stick with.

My wife and I were just talking a couple of weeks ago about looking forward to this. When we saw the trailer pop up on Netflix though, we realized that we don't remember ANYthing about the first season.

We kinda gave up after the episode when they arrive in Chicago (the third one maybe?). Is it really only 7 episodes? Seems like a bad sign if I can't even give it two more hours to see how it wraps up.
I love Mindy. I'm sad that her newest offering just didn't hit the mark. I'll have to look up Upload. It sounds right up my alley.

Right? Every person associated with this makes it seem like a slam dunk. But it is … not good.

I watched E1 of Run two nights ago and it just didn't work for me. I didn't care what either character's story was. I thought about giving it one more episode but chose MASH reruns instead.

I'm watching Dead to Me S2 right now. And then will get to Upload. I love The Good Place and Black Mirror. So this sounds perfect.

Out of interest has anyone watched Power? I finished the series the other night and actually thought it was one of the stronger finishes to a tv show.

I have moved on to Ozarks now and 2 episodes in I am already hooked.

You are in for quite a treat with Ozark S3. It is excellent. :)

I watched E1 of Run two nights ago and it just didn't work for me. I didn't care what either character's story was. I thought about giving it one more episode but chose MASH reruns instead.

Good choice. Run is a HUGE disappointment. Merritt AND Archie are both in it and yet, still it is just not good. I don't even know what the point of this past week's episode was. I'm going to see it through to the end because the episodes are short and I've come this far. But man, not good.

We're watching Better Call Saul and made it through the end of season four. So far, I really like this show. I think it's one of my husband's favorites. Also, is it bad that I completely identify with Kim?
This might be blasphemous for me to say but at this point I think Better Call Saul has almost surpassed Breaking Bad (which I LOVED) You're in for a treat with S5, it's one of my favorite seasons of any series ever.

Back