Technical Difficulties Thread

Auto standby enabled. From the manual:

AUTO STANDBY
Auto Standby feature is an integral feature of the C 326BEE that conforms to European ecodesign regulations. When Auto Standby is enabled, the C 326BEE will automatically go to standby mode if there is no active input at current source or no user interface interaction within 30 minutes.
Auto Standby can be enabled or disabled by the following button combinations and Standby LED indicator response. Execute below steps while the C 326BEE is at operating mode.
3 SOFT CLIPPING INDICATOR: The blue SOFT CLIPPING LED shows that the SOFT CLIPPING mode is engaged. Refer also to the item below about SOFT CLIPPING at the IDENTIFICATION OF CONTROLS – REAR PANEL.
4 REMOTE SENSOR: Point the SR 8 remote control at the remote
sensor and press the buttons. Do not expose the remote sensor of the C 326BEE to a strong light source such as direct sunlight or illumination. If you do so, you may not be able to operate the C 326BEE with the remote control.
Distance: About 23ft (7m) from the front of the remote sensor. Angle: About 30o in each direction of the front of the remote sensor.
5 PHONES: A 1/4” stereo jack socket is supplied for headphone listening and will work with conventional headphones of any impedance. Inserting a headphone jack into this socket automatically switches off the loudspeakers. The volume, tone and balance controls are operative for headphone listening. Use a suitable adapter to connect headphones with other types of sockets, such as 3.5mm “personal stereo” jack plugs.
Make certain that the volume control is turned to minimum (fully counter-clockwise) before connecting or disconnecting headphones. Listening at high levels can damage your hearing.
6 MP SOCKET: Using a 3.5mm stereo plug, connect into this socket the audio output of a Media Player.
Press and hold [AUX] button and then press Standby button. Observe
the number of times the Standby LED flashes.
• Auto Standby enabled : Standby LED flashes once. NOTE
• Auto Standby disabled : Standby LED flashes twic
Ummm....whaat?...think I'll try to decipher this tomorrow lol

Ok, so does it think it's on standby when using headphones? Just to clarify, I'm using an external headphone amp through the tape input.

Ok, so does it think it's on standby when using headphones? Just to clarify, I'm using an external headphone amp through the tape input.

If it’s anything like my JoLida, it does not need to be fully powered on to use the fixed outputs. Just plugged in.

Getting a lot of static and crunchiness during playback and this is across records I know for sure never played like this. Best way to track down the problem?

It just sounds like there’s tons of static coming through during playback. Not sure about room humidity but my area of the city is at 54% humidity.

I’d check your stylus first, then your record for static charge.

If you’re lucky, there’s just a bit of crud on the stylus that you can clean off with a magic eraser or a bit of blue tack.

I’d check your stylus first, then your record for static charge.

If you’re lucky, there’s just a bit of crud on the stylus that you can clean off with a magic eraser or a bit of blue tack.
No such luck on both fronts. Cleaned the needle and shot the record with an anti-static gun then pulled a couple more records to test with. Same issue.

It just sounds like there’s tons of static coming through during playback. Not sure about room humidity but my area of the city is at 54% humidity.

Have you cleaned your records recently? What method do you use?

Also when did you last change your stylus? Could you guesstimate how many hours are on it?

Have you cleaned your records recently? What method do you use?

Also when did you last change your stylus? Could you guesstimate how many hours are on it?

I think it's been about 4 years that I've had this one on here with regular weekend listening and occasional weekday listening. It's a 2M Blue.

I think it's been about 4 years that I've had this one on here with regular weekend listening and occasional weekday listening. It's a 2M Blue.

The have a shelf life of roughly 1000 hours. The approx amount of hours a week will determine how long they last. For example I’m a heavy listener (20+ hours) and so I change my stylus every year. Others can get 2 out of them. After 4 it’s almost certain it’s worn out unless you’re an exceptionally light user. This can present a lack of treble, a distorted or distant sound and/or a crackling sound similar to a build up of static.

It might not be your only issue, but it’s a definite contender as I’d guess that either way that your stylus is worn out and needs changing regardless, because that’s not good for your records.

Last edited:
The have a shelf life of roughly 1000 hours. The approx amount of hours a week will determine how long they last. For example I’m a heavy listener (20+ hours) and so I change my stylus every year. Others can get 2 out of them. After 4 it’s almost certain it’s worn out unless you’re an exceptionally light user. This can present a lack of treble, a distorted or distant sound and/or a crackling sound similar to a build up of static.

It might not be your only issue, but it’s a definite contender as I’d guess that either way that your stylus is worn out and needs changing regardless, because that’s not good for your records.
dang, alright, I'll see about replacing it. Maybe I'll just get a whole new cart :unsure: try out a different brand.

Crosspost from the Klipsch thread -

I have some simple bookshelf Klipsch R15-PM’s

A couple months ago I noticed a subtle humm coming from both the L&R channel, which gets louder with volume adjustment and can be heard at distance if the volume is up and it’s a soft album. I’m not sure if there’s something wrong with the speakers or if it’s normal and was there all along and I’m just now noticing it. I do not have a preamp and just run straight from a Fluance RT85 to the speakers.

Thing I’ve tried with no luck

A different TT makes no difference
A different wall plug makes no difference
There is a very solid ground

Replaced my stylus, but still hearing distortion. So its gotta be my tracking (also replaced the audio cables and cut down some fresh speaker cables with new banana clips, same issue) and my dumbass left my weight scale and my protractor at the office when I was setting up that turntable 🙃 If it isnt tracking im gunna lose my shit (and probably get rid of my receiver and look into something new).

Alright im at a loss. recalibrated everything, made sure it was at the properly calibrated and nothing. It's gotta be my receiver is all im thinking now. maybe it would just be cheaper to hire someone to do this for me :unsure:

Back