Sutherland Club House

Whilst I get what you mean and agree with the general principle that I think you were aiming for I think that that analogy fails as written and here’s why. Parts from great engineering projects DO trickle down into lower models. Be that a hifi company building a ridiculous model that they sell 2 pieces of, be that VW building the Bugatti Veyron that they lost money on every one sold and be that McLaren or Ferrari, or even Renault and Honda, having formula 1 teams. By allowing engineers, mechanics and designers a high budget blank canvas they can strive for what is possible and find new solutions. This will lead to parts and concepts from $10,000 hifi gear later finding its way into $1,000 gear. It will lead to F1 technology in sports cars and eventually eceryday cars. it won’t lead to F1 engines in a Honda or Renault i concede but Ferrari and McLaren have both done just that in the past...
I was hesitant to toss out that car analogy. I just needed that big price point jump, lol. But you get my main point.

Anyone use vibration feet or the like on their Sutherland phono preamps? Any big benefit? If yes and they may a difference, please let me know what kind they are. Thanks, Jason

Anyone use vibration feet or the like on their Sutherland phono preamps? Any big benefit? If yes and they may a difference, please let me know what kind they are. Thanks, Jason

Nah. It's a fully electronic device. We shoot more delicate objects into space.

Vibration feet are helpful on a turntable since it's a physical transducer.

Wasnt me 😐 I am the one who bumped the bid .17 on accident in the last second bid exchanges.

Ok, I'm also liquidating all my hifi gear at the moment. I'll be putting my Sutherland Insight up on eBay this week for auction. I'm going to start bids at $950. However, if any of the N&G crew are interested I'll sell it to you straight out for $900 + whatever shipping ends up being. Last I looked it was around $50 or so to ship the Insight.

Let me know if you're interested and I can send pics, etc.

Ok, I'm also liquidating all my hifi gear at the moment. I'll be putting my Sutherland Insight up on eBay this week for auction. I'm going to start bids at $950. However, if any of the N&G crew are interested I'll sell it to you straight out for $900 + whatever shipping ends up being. Last I looked it was around $50 or so to ship the Insight.

Let me know if you're interested and I can send pics, etc.
Becoming a permanent resident of El Mundo Digital?

Reactions: Tyr
Back