Sutherland Club House

It sounds a little bit better than the Insight so far, more so when it comes to the bass, but it’s only been plugged in for 2 hours or so. How long do you think it needs before it’s properly warmed up @HiFi Guy?
I found the first 24 hours of plugging in the 20/20 create a noticeable difference. Almost like an extended heat up time. But could just be me as well. But I've noticed it when the power goes out it's never quite the same that same day.

If you do end up moving it, I'll be a backup for the LPS after @kvetcha, lol.

I found the first 24 hours of plugging in the 20/20 create a noticeable difference. Almost like an extended heat up time. But could just be me as well. But I've noticed it when the power goes out it's never quite the same that same day.

If you do end up moving it, I'll be a backup for the LPS after @kvetcha, lol.
I'm going to give it another day before I A/B with the Insight, but a day and a half in and it's sounding pretty wonderful. The bass is really connecting in a great way. I'm listening to Idler Wheel and it adds nice authority to the piano and to all the percussion she has going on. Looking around at family members the last two nights and I've noticed a lot more toe-tapping and head-bobbing going on.

I did an A/B with the Insight tonight. The bass response of the 20/20 was stronger than the Insight from the start, but now it’s really focused. It adds incredible dimension to percussion of course, but things like piano have much more authority. When I listened to Fiona Apple last night, the rumble of her piano was pretty amazing, even at low volume. Baritone voices are awesome too.

I haven’t noticed much change in the upper mids, but that might be a limit of my receiver. The highs are slightly better than the Insight, but the impact on the lower end of the spectrum is what really sets it apart. She stays. The Insight will be posted soon.

I did an A/B with the Insight tonight. The bass response of the 20/20 was stronger than the Insight from the start, but now it’s really focused. It adds incredible dimension to percussion of course, but things like piano have much more authority. When I listened to Fiona Apple last night, the rumble of her piano was pretty amazing, even at low volume. Baritone voices are awesome too.

I haven’t noticed much change in the upper mids, but that might be a limit of my receiver. The highs are slightly better than the Insight, but the impact on the lower end of the spectrum is what really sets it apart. She stays. The Insight will be posted soon.

The channel separation from the dual-mono arrangement is phenomenal. Between that and my Soundsmith I feel like I am approaching stereo field nirvana.

Was it @Corycm that’s looking for an Insight?

That sucks. I hope you’re on the mend.
Thanks, and I am!
I could have an *incredible* rig for what I’ve spent so far. (Pro-tip: don’t get cancer. It’s really fckin expensive)

I suppose if I wait long enough some of you will get tired of your 20/20s so I’ll have to look at *those* next...

Yeah, if it wasn’t for the price, the 20/20 and the LPS for the cost of an Insight, it would have been out of my range. They gave me the standard power supplies as well. I’ll need to do a power supply comparison at some point.
Please do! I've read some comparisons, but I'd love an extra perspective to help me decide if I need to part with another few bucks.

Ron is a smart man. He made the 20/20 look identical to the Insight so married men could easily swap it out without the wife taking notice. Guess I'm now on the market 😵

Back