Sutherland Club House

The only consideration is that the Little Loco is more "built for" MC carts, otherwise it's a coin toss with the DUO based on price, in my opinion. MAYBE the DUO will adjust down a bit over time......wishful thinking on my part ;)
I wouldn't hold your breath on that price drop. I just pulled up the the original Stereophile review of the 20/20, which was published in 2011. Looks like the price has technically increased $5 since then... and added a LPS option for an additional charge.

A lot of companies will advertise that they don't release new models until it's noticeably improved from a previous model. But given the near decade long product life cycles of the Sutherland gear, I think Ron Sutherland really follows that practice.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that price drop. I just pulled up the the original Stereophile review of the 20/20, which was published in 2011. Looks like the price has technically increased $5 since then... and added a LPS option for an additional charge.

A lot of companies will advertise that they don't release new models until it's noticeably improved from a previous model. But given the near decade long product life cycles of the Sutherland gear, I think Ron Sutherland really follows that practice.
I did qualify that with ".......wishful thinking", lol. That is probably the one thing I would do my best to jump on if the opportunity presented itself, an open box or used DUO. I would toss the DUO in with the UD and PL and move the Insight to the PLX/NAD setup :)

Ok, I'm also liquidating all my hifi gear at the moment. I'll be putting my Sutherland Insight up on eBay this week for auction. I'm going to start bids at $950. However, if any of the N&G crew are interested I'll sell it to you straight out for $900 + whatever shipping ends up being. Last I looked it was around $50 or so to ship the Insight.

Let me know if you're interested and I can send pics, etc.
Dammit @Tyr

Ok, I'm also liquidating all my hifi gear at the moment. I'll be putting my Sutherland Insight up on eBay this week for auction. I'm going to start bids at $950. However, if any of the N&G crew are interested I'll sell it to you straight out for $900 + whatever shipping ends up being. Last I looked it was around $50 or so to ship the Insight.

Let me know if you're interested and I can send pics, etc.
What other stuff are ya selling?

Reactions: Tyr
I might be able to get my hands on a 20/20 with the LPS for the price of the Insight, which is my current phono preamp. I’m pretty happy with the Insight, but it’s quite a deal. Thoughts? Has anyone done a comparison?

That’s likely a nice jump. The LPS removes my one reservation on the Duo- the power supply bricks.

I will say this. New cold Duos were only a wee bit better than the Insight. Once I got some hours on the Duos. it was a whole different kettle of fish.

I might be able to get my hands on a 20/20 with the LPS for the price of the Insight, which is my current phono preamp. I’m pretty happy with the Insight, but it’s quite a deal. Thoughts? Has anyone done a comparison?
You should be able to flip the Insight easily to someone around here, to recoup most of the cost of that 20/20.

I would jump on that in a second. I'm still thinking about moving up to the LPS for my 20/20 at some point, but getting both together for that price is likely a deal you won't see again for quite some time.

Back