STAR WARS! STAR WARS! STAR WARS

There is room and a place for both. I love the Mandalorian, it saved the Star Wars Universe for me. It's Space Western adventure with a quiet, mostly faceless "hero" and a cast of amazing characters that he encounters. It's wonderful fun, everything the movies should have been.

Andor is quality story telling. Brooding troubled lead, selfish but principled, relevant but tastefully portrayed political allegory, high stakes, everything the movies could never be.

I'm super psyched for more Mandalorian.

I feel the same. Andor was so well done and hit a portion of the SW universe that I always wanted to see. It was the dark, adult Star Wars I had wanted and was a great continuation of the style that Rogue One set. Mandalorian is more the fantasy element of SW that I enjoy. All I ask is it's better put together than Book of Boba Fett but I trust Filoni and Favreau aren't going to screw up their baby.

I feel the same. Andor was so well done and hit a portion of the SW universe that I always wanted to see. It was the dark, adult Star Wars I had wanted and was a great continuation of the style that Rogue One set. Mandalorian is more the fantasy element of SW that I enjoy. All I ask is it's better put together than Book of Boba Fett but I trust Filoni and Favreau aren't going to screw up their baby.
The fact that the two Mandalorian episodes of BoBF were the only watchable ones gives me hope.

I just want it to be more like season 1. Season 2 felt so predicated on cameos of characters from Filoni’s other projects.

I also really dislike Filoni.

I just want it to be more like season 1. Season 2 felt so predicated on cameos of characters from Filoni’s other projects.

I also really dislike Filoni.
My favorite parts of the Mandalorian have been the stand-alone episodes; everything lore-based or movie-referencing leaves me cold.

It seems like Filoni made a Herculean effort to connect the prequels with the OT via the cartoons, and that’s been rewarding for those raised on the prequels and/or loyal enough to watch all the toons. It’s some impressive franchise stewardship; unfortunately, it’s not really in line with what I like about the franchise.

Well, you probably will not enjoy the same effort he's about to do with connecting the OT with the sequels. I feel like Ahsoka is going to do expressly that with them diving into the Unknown Regions. You got a taste of it with the storyline of why the Imperial remnants wanted Grogu.

My favorite parts of the Mandalorian have been the stand-alone episodes; everything lore-based or movie-referencing leaves me cold.

It seems like Filoni made a Herculean effort to connect the prequels with the OT via the cartoons, and that’s been rewarding for those raised on the prequels and/or loyal enough to watch all the toons. It’s some impressive franchise stewardship; unfortunately, it’s not really in line with what I like about the franchise.
I was raised on the prequels and am in the minority that thinks The Phantom Menace is a fantastic Star Wars film. I still abhor Filoni. He shows absolute disregard for canon unless he personally produced it. Back when TCW was still a part of Legends he shows blatant disregard for the universe built by the numerous authors, producers, and video game companies. Characters ages and personalities changed to fit his shows, characters died who were in material taking place afterwards, and of course he would create characters who should never exist. It's a bit better now that you can place all his content firmly in disney canon, but it still disregards any material that isn't one of his shows. I would hate to be a comic or novel writer, spend all this time crafting material to fit into the universe, only for one of his shows to completely disregard it afterwards.

You see younger fans go "Oh wow look at how he did all this maneuvering to stay faithful to one line is Revenge of the Sith yada yada", and praise him for it. Drives me bonkers.

Last edited:
Well, you probably will not enjoy the same effort he's about to do with connecting the OT with the sequels. I feel like Ahsoka is going to do expressly that with them diving into the Unknown Regions. You got a taste of it with the storyline of why the Imperial remnants wanted Grogu.
It's funny because Rogue One and Andor are doing exactly that and doing it so much better. Don't even get me started on how he picks and chooses parts of Legends to re-canonize (Thrawn, wayland, etc), but completely change what points in time they would happen in, in effect making the entire SW universe make less sense. Also I fucking hate Rebels. He introduced fucking time travel into the Star Wars universe just so he could save his Mary sue character and write more stories with her that completely contradict the OT. Ugh.

Last edited:
TIL there is currently a new season of The Bad Batch running on Disney+. And I'm just like 🤷‍♂️
At this point I soley watch that show for Omega's accent.

Edit: oh and it's also nice that they remembered Temura Morrison's Maori so all the clones arent white anymore.

At this point I soley watch that show for Omega's accent.

Edit: oh and it's also nice that they remembered Temura Morrison's Maori so all the clones arent white anymore.
I didn't like their episodes on the Clone Wars and only enjoyed like 2 episodes in the first season so I'll just go on pretending I don't know about it 😁

I didn't like their episodes on the Clone Wars and only enjoyed like 2 episodes in the first season so I'll just go on pretending I don't know about it 😁
It's Filoni so its only a matter of time before grown up Omega shows up in The Mandalorian or Book of Boba Fett season 2.

1674707665198-png.79222

Wow, I didn't realize Filoni was so disliked around here.

this thread can be a challenging read sometimes.

anyway, i have determined that the funeral dirge from the last episode of andor is my favorite piece of star wars music since duel of the fates. not just for the music itself and the visuals that go with it, but the recording being so unpolished - you can hear the players breathing and valves being pressed, not everything is completely in-synch, ambient noise in the background, etc. - it all just reinforces the idea that this is all happening organically and with purpose. powerful stuff.

20230128_142155.jpg

After sitting on the shelf for a few weeks, I've finally stepped fully into Phase 2, and it is off to a fantastic start. I love how consistently good to great The High Republic books have been so far. So much fun, so much adventure, so many emotions and no duds! Being 150 years pre-Phase 1, it's easy to think things will be a bit more predictable here, but there are surprises aplenty!

I know @Jan and @DJSJ are already well on board, but I'd like to take another moment of encouragement to the rest of you - this shit is great!

It looks like we'll be getting solely TV content for the next 3 years as both the Patty Jenkins Rogue Squadron and the Kevin Feige led movie are both being shelved. Only Taika's movie is still in production but nothing has been started yet except for him writing it. Maybe we'll get more announcements of movies that will eventually be shelved at Celebration in London next month.

View attachment 165362

After sitting on the shelf for a few weeks, I've finally stepped fully into Phase 2, and it is off to a fantastic start. I love how consistently good to great The High Republic books have been so far. So much fun, so much adventure, so many emotions and no duds! Being 150 years pre-Phase 1, it's easy to think things will be a bit more predictable here, but there are surprises aplenty!

I know @Jan and @DJSJ are already well on board, but I'd like to take another moment of encouragement to the rest of you - this shit is great!
I need to take on phase 2 but have to finish the locklands trilogy first

Back