STAR WARS! STAR WARS! STAR WARS

For as much as Gilroy has said he's not really a Star Wars guy, he's pretty much kicking ass as one. IMO, the level of respect for the universe is outstanding. So many little references/easter eggs that are just... there, rather than screaming "look at me!"

Like, one passing mention of Hosnian Prime suddenly making you go "oh yeah, that system exists in this galaxy" and suddenly doesn't seem like some nonsense Abrams added.

Or just spending time on Coruscant in Mon Mothma's home, or in the underworld of the planet. It's made me excited for what Star Wars can be, once again.
Funny thing is for the last 5-10 years I've been banging the "you just need SW fans to make SW stuff; just let people play with the action figures and they'll figure something fun out." And now I think you gotta kinda hate Star Wars to make it work. 🙃

Hey @DJSJ - have you already delved into Phase 2?

I haven't started reading any of my recent pick-ups pictured above - I have one or two other in-progress books I'm hoping to wrap up reading before year's end, but I have read the first two issues of the comic book, so I'm not entirely waiting for 2023 to jump in.

I just read earlier today that they are putting out a young adult High Republic anthology around the cusp of Phases 2 and 3 that will draw further connections between all three Phases. Looks like Phase 3 is set to start next November, barring any big delays along the way!

Reactions: Jan
Hey @DJSJ - have you already delved into Phase 2?

I haven't started reading any of my recent pick-ups pictured above - I have one or two other in-progress books I'm hoping to wrap up reading before year's end, but I have read the first two issues of the comic book, so I'm not entirely waiting for 2023 to jump in.

I just read earlier today that they are putting out a young adult High Republic anthology around the cusp of Phases 2 and 3 that will draw further connections between all three Phases. Looks like Phase 3 is set to start next November, barring any big delays along the way!
Sadly no. Been dealing with some health problems over the past couple months and it's hard to get into the right mindset for reading. Got Convergence for Christmas to go along with the first 3 issues of the comic and Path of Deceit, hopefully I'll be able to delve into them soon.

NGL, after Andor this new Mando trailer does absolutely nothing for me.
I think that's my struggle with it as well. Andor showed us new worlds, new characters, and had a new feel to it. The Mandalorian trailer was like "here's more of the same.". Again, I'm definitely going to watch it and I'm sure I will enjoy it.

Back