STAR WARS! STAR WARS! STAR WARS

It's not available on the App Store?
I have a Apple Tv 2 I think. There is no app store. It's fine I've got it on everything else but the only streaming services connected to my projector are Apple TV and the PS4

Just curious, but what were you expecting?

I thought it set up the series perfectly.
honestly, I don’t know. because the main way I’ve interacted with the Star Wars universe is through movies, maybe I was expecting a self-contained story, which I know is silly. but I finally was in it starting with that final action set piece.

like I said, I am interested in seeing where it goes. especially with learning more about The Mandalorian and obviously with the reveal at the end of the pilot.

Really enjoyed the first episode. Thought it was a great setup, love the look, the mandalorian seems bad ass. The reveal at the end leaves me wondering. I can’t wait for Friday!

Some great stuff. It's everything I hoped it would be. The world is gritty and depressing. Just like the outskirts of the galaxy should be.

The first episode was a little too self-serious for me. It had some touches I liked, and there’s a lot of satisfaction to be had in finally seeing a live-action Star Wars show (I remember the idea being a prospect since the mid aughts). But I hope it opens up a little more .

My wife isnt much of a Star Wars fan, but I'm pretty sure she would kill and die for that lil cutie in the Mandalorian.

When he went chasing after the Jawas she screamed at the TV "WHY IS HE LEAVING BABY YODA BEHIND" and then breathed a sigh of relief when it showed baby yoda following in its spacecrib. Also I loved seeing the baby stretch out its force powers against that beast. Im really enjoying this show so far

I’m going to need a little more from The Mandalorian than “Mandalorian goes to place, has to fight thing. Moves forward to next thing.” Beyond the little spoiler (I also find it weird that people are so focused on not spoiling the end of the *pilot,* but that’s neither here nor there), I’m not exactly emotionally attached to anything going on, and since we can’t see the protagonist’s eyes or face, it’s hard to actually care what happens to him. There have been little touches like the droid or the Jawas which I enjoy and are actually fun, and I’ll watch it all for the Star Wars of it all, but while I’m here for the memes about the itty bitty spoiler, I don’t really feel the hype.

I liked the 2nd episode, but what is with it being just over 30 minutes? I was getting into it, then it was over.

It definitely had a Lone Wolf & Cub vibe.
Yeah, I hate that each episode is so short. I think that speaks well to the quality of the storytelling that it leaves you wanting so much more. This really *feels* like Star Wars without being a direct copy of previous work. I suspect that at the end of the eight episode run I’m going to be left with the same longing for more that I have at the end of each episode. I’m here for this hero’s journey.

I liked the 2nd episode, but what is with it being just over 30 minutes? I was getting into it, then it was over.

It definitely had a Lone Wolf & Cub vibe.
I love the runtime. Love love love it. Considering streaming tv leads to bloated episode orders and bloated episode runtimes, I love that the episodes are nice little bites.

I love the runtime. Love love love it. Considering streaming tv leads to bloated episode orders and bloated episode runtimes, I love that the episodes are nice little bites.

I can't say I'm a fan of anything on TV being only 30 minutes except for sitcoms. I thought the 40-ish minutes of the first episode would be an outlier and the rest would be closer to an hour.

Chapter 3 is back up to 37 minutes.

Gonna make a big mug of coffee, cook some breakfast and watch it this morning.

I finished Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. It is gonna be the benchmark for single player Star Wars games for sure. Highly recommended for fans but would say that if you just wanna experience the story beats do it on the easiest difficulty.

it was good.
My favorite so far. I'll maintain that the show's at its best when there are other characters playing off Mandy. Either very relatable human characters, or very weird out-there robots/aliens.

It really feels like the show is setting up a Gunsmoke/Samurai Jack vibe, where each episode is a new challenge or environment, with not too much overarching plot to burden itself with. Which is very episodic for a show in 2019, and I'm here for it.

Back