STAR WARS! STAR WARS! STAR WARS

ecwe_nmu0aaqbms.jpg

I immediately wondered if it was someone other than Rey. 🤔

I didn't realize it was Rey until I saw all the speculation about the trailer.

I think JJ is doing a reverse Star Trek into Darkness; instead of pretending there aren't elements in the movie that turn out to be in there (to even the detriment of the movie), we're getting Emperor and Dark Rey teases that won't actually be in the movie. Like the first scene will involve Rey obviously posing as a Sith (though I do think the Emperor being involved would make sense in terms of tying together the whole "Skywalker Saga."

I finally read about the quote, and he's not wrong. If you were expecting anything new from TFA, you'd be sorely disappointed. It's unfortunate that it looks like Rise of Skywalker is a "course correction" from the "too much new" of TLJ. We'll see though.

I'm a little confused; he's not directing, right? Considering how he managed to shepherd Marvel's storylines into a cohesive Endgame, I'll allow it.

But watch yourself, counselor.

I finally read about the quote, and he's not wrong. If you were expecting anything new from TFA, you'd be sorely disappointed. It's unfortunate that it looks like Rise of Skywalker is a "course correction" from the "too much new" of TLJ. We'll see though.

That was the big mistake they made at the outset. They shouldn’t have abandoned Lucas’s outlines for the final trilogy. Lucas absolutely had problems with execution, but his big picture mythology building was always solid. My opinion on the train wreck that was TLJ hasn’t changed, but I’ve become far less forgiving of TFA in the time since its release. I’ll take my daughter to see RoS if she wants me to, but I can’t even really be bothered to care too much about it.

That was the big mistake they made at the outset. They shouldn’t have abandoned Lucas’s outlines for the final trilogy. Lucas absolutely had problems with execution, but his big picture mythology building was always solid. My opinion on the train wreck that was TLJ hasn’t changed, but I’ve become far less forgiving of TFA in the time since its release. I’ll take my daughter to see RoS if she wants me to, but I can’t even really be bothered to care too much about it.

Yeah I completely disagree with you. The prequel trilogy wasn’t just poorly executed it was devoid of life or storylines and got bogged down in trade tarrifs and fucking midichlorians. Talk about turning something mystical and mysterious into drudgery! I’d have not even bought his story treatments...

Yeah I completely disagree with you. The prequel trilogy wasn’t just poorly executed it was devoid of life or storylines and got bogged down in trade tarrifs and fucking midichlorians. Talk about turning something mystical and mysterious into drudgery! I’d have not even bought his story treatments...

Yeah; based on everything I've seen and read about Lucas' original plans for Star Wars, he benefited greatly from outside input and editing. And I don't really get the impression there was a plan for Episodes 7-9 until after the prequels were done, and even then the "plan" was basically "make more movies."

The final trailer for Rise of Skywalker will debut during halftime of Monday Night Football. Tickets should go on sale around then. Excite!
There were some cool shots (like the shot filled with spaceships, or our heroes running down the hall with stormtroopers falling before them), I worry they are going with "big and more is better and gooder," and I'm baffled by the idea that 3PO thinks he has any friends (he doesn't really like R2, so Chewie is his only living friend at this point), but by golly, they have my ten bucks.

Back