STAR WARS! STAR WARS! STAR WARS

Don't get my hopes up, don't get my hopes up, don't get my hopes up

"Kenobi" is one of my favorite stand-alone EU novels. It's the most interesting story where nothing really happens. There's absolutely no way that will translate to screen; it will be an all new story and I gotta temper my expectations. But Kenobi! KENOBI!
1644445689622.png

It's the project I'm most leery about. If done well it could be great. Ewan is a great Kenobi. However, I don't like the idea if this is him taking on multiple force users or going Master Jedi on a bunch of people. I liked the idea that he sat on that rock for 18 years to safeguard Luke until he could teach him the ways of the Force. I liked the idea of him living a hermit's existence as sort of a self-imposed punishment for failing with Anakin. The Rebels storyline with him was great because it was very small. I worry about trying to fit too much into a story that, IMO, doesn't call for him to do a lot other than sit there and wait.

Last edited:

Because we heard you like sand.

star-wars-anakin-skywalker.gif

There is a easter egg at the end of the credits of Ep7, any comments, no big thing ? please use the spoiler function.

Looking at the storyboards at the end they did seem to cut some things or not do them.

There is a easter egg at the end of the credits of Ep7, any comments, no big thing ? please use the spoiler function.

Looking at the storyboards at the end they did seem to cut some things or not do them.

Cobb Vance in the bacta tank with Thundercat preparing some mods to keep him alive. So the Marshall lives. I also think Cad Bane lived as well given his chest plate was still blinking. Somehow Cad Bane returned.

Cobb Vance in the bacta tank with Thundercat preparing some mods to keep him alive. So the Marshall lives. I also think Cad Bane lived as well given his chest plate was still blinking. Somehow Cad Bane returned.
I could not quite see who was in the tank. Would be a shame for both those characters not to continue, so hopefully.

Honestly I'd be happy if that was the last we see of Cad Bane. It fullfills his purpose as a Western Gunslinger character who finally makes the leap to live action and has his long-time-coming duel with Boba Fett. Dude's been been in every single Filoni project now, I groaned when he showed up in The Bad Batch. His live action version looked awesome, please let that be my last memory of him.

Next thing you know we're gonna have live action Hondo Ohnaka, and nobody wants that

Honestly I'd be happy if that was the last we see of Cad Bane.

If he´s popular, chances are good that he´s left for dead, taken in by the jawas which makes him a better person, so he can go out protect the weak and fight for honour in his own spin-off series

Last edited:
My feeling on the finale is the same thing I felt all along. For being the Book of Boba Fett, he didn't get a whole lot of growth. Maybe in the flashback scenes you got to understand why he wasn't the "Feared Bounty Hunter" he used to be, but I still had no idea what his motivation for being a crime boss was. And if you are a crime boss, shouldn't you know, commit crimes?

All of this is forgiven though, since we did learn that Jawas are furry and willing to date outside their species. I had no idea.

Also if people here are clamoring for good, original Star Wars content, well The High Republic has never been better. Shits starting to hit the fan. Both the books and comics are incredible, and easily the best SW content out right now. Just a group of 6 brilliant diverse writers, writing the hell out of SW in an era that's completely open for storytelling. I can't say enough good things about it.
View attachment 124908
View attachment 124907

My old neighbour loaned me his copies of the first two or three issues of the comics series back when they were freshly released and I remembered enjoying them quite a bit. Today I just tore through issues 1-10 and hot damn am I hooked! Despite already having a bunch of books in the queue, I may have to hit up my local library sooner than later for the novels. This is great stuff!

There are rumors that a High Republic era show is being worked on right now by Lucasfilm. Not sure if it's animated or live action. I'd imagine animated.

My old neighbour loaned me his copies of the first two or three issues of the comics series back when they were freshly released and I remembered enjoying them quite a bit. Today I just tore through issues 1-10 and hot damn am I hooked! Despite already having a bunch of books in the queue, I may have to hit up my local library sooner than later for the novels. This is great stuff!
I really like the books, on @DJSJ s recommendation I started with light of the jedi, but I Also Tore through test of course and into the dark and issue 1-10 of zhe comics already. All are great but it's pretty addictive and overall will be a lot to read.

Absolutely do that. The comic is amazing, but it really plays off of events in the novels. Light of The Jedi really sets the whole era in motion, and then the Drengir are first unleased in Into the Dark. Really great stuff, im looking forward very much to Phase 2.

Last edited:
Oh I should also say that the arc that begins in issue 9 of the comics, "Shadow of the Nihil", is best read after The Rising Storm. It's a reaction to the events that happen in that book, and it's also the best High Republic novel, and possibly the best novel to come out of the new canon. Cavan Scott has definitely impressed me to say the least.

Oh I should also say that the arc that begins in issue 9 of the comics, "Shadow of the Nihil", is best read after The Rising Storm. It's a reaction to the events that happen in that book, and it's also the best High Republic novel, and possibly the best novel to come out of the new canon. Cavan Scott has definitely impressed me to say the least.
So is wave one st teh one that it itself divided into three subsets ( along the 3 big adult novels) i would guess.
I wish i read the comics after into the dark because it would have been nicer to have the drengir introduction there.
I found thid helpful for the reading order ( The High Republic: Our Recommended Reading Order ) although as mentioned i would switch 4 and 5 . And i have to admit as books i liked test of courage and into the dark better than light of the jedi, which does a lot of world buildig and character introduction. It is really suspenseful as well, but the focus of the middle grade and young adult books on fewer characters makes for deeper characterization of those and icludes the doubts people having about beiing jedi for different reasons quite well.

I read through Monster of Tenple peak yesterday and this is so far my favourite story of the comics. ( vs high republic '1-5)

So is wave one st teh one that it itself divided into three subsets ( along the 3 big adult novels) i would guess.
I wish i read the comics after into the dark because it would have been nicer to have the drengir introduction there.
I found thid helpful for the reading order ( The High Republic: Our Recommended Reading Order ) although as mentioned i would switch 4 and 5 . And i have to admit as books i liked test of courage and into the dark better than light of the jedi, which does a lot of world buildig and character introduction. It is really suspenseful as well, but the focus of the middle grade and young adult books on fewer characters makes for deeper characterization of those and icludes the doubts people having about beiing jedi for different reasons quite well.

I read through Monster of Tenple peak yesterday and this is so far my favourite story of the comics. ( vs high republic '1-5)
Yeah, we got 3 "waves" for phase 1, each consisting of 1 adult novel, 1 YA novel, 1 middle-grade novel, and 1 young readers picture-book (Just counting the books for now). Generally I find you should read the adult novel first, to get an idea of the bigger picture, before delving into the others.

Monster of Temple Peak is awesome. I doesn't tie into anything else, it's just a character introduction for Ty Yorrick, who's a major player in The Rising Storm.

I also gotta give a shout-out to the young readers comic series "The High Republic Adventures" by Daniel Jose Older. The second trade paperback just came out and its awesome.
IMG_1637.JPG

It follows Yoda and his group of padawans, viewing the conflicts from a younglings perspective. The art is fantastic; it's great seeing some moments from the novels in visual form. It's surprisingly relevant too, the first volume involved Marchion Ro obtaining an important item that you see him in possession of at the beginning of The Rising Storm.

Overall im just very pleased at the scope and quality of this project. Never thought I'd be reading young-reader Star Wars comics.

I also gotta give a shout-out to the young readers comic series "The High Republic Adventures" by Daniel Jose Older. The second trade paperback just came out and its awesome.

This excites me. Volume 1 was enjoyable enough but I definitely preferred the Marvel ones. I'm excited to see where volume 2 goes.

Also, BUCKETS OF BLOOD is just awesome!

Back