STAR WARS! STAR WARS! STAR WARS

I did not expect to see Thundercat, that's for sure. Wonder if he wrote the song that was playing in his scene.

I'm hoping all this lead up will pay off. They're obviously hinting at a Mando cameo, since they dropped his theme two times this episode.

The writing has just been kinda bad. The whole Black Krrsantan scene didn't really make sense, they could have easily set that up better. Him going into the sarlac pit to find his armour, which he used to get OUT of the Sarlac pit didn't make any sense... The copious amount of cyborg "mods" riding their immaculate chrome Vespas... It's all just silly.

Last night's Boba has me listening to Drunk this morning.

I think the issue with the series I'm having is the flashbacks are more interesting than the present day storyline. They really have to get this thing off-world which I don't think is in the cards. I feel this show might be too Disneyfied for its own good. It needs to be a lot more adult. Maybe that will be next when he goes to war as we all know the Pykes were behind the Sandpeople being slaughtered. They seem to oddly be remaking Boba from that final scene in Mando season 2 where he coldly shoots Bib Fortuna. Doesn't feel like Book of BF Boba would do that now.

So Mrs. ImTheOcean and I were having a conversation after watching the last episode of Boba Fett, inspired by the kitchen scene.

Does the presence of a Chef droid and a Sous Chef droid imply that they are built for specific tasks, and there is no room for advancement for droids? Like is the Sous Chef droid always stuck as a subordinate to the Chef Droid?

Also who decides what the Gamorrean guards wear? In the flashback sequence when Bib Fortuna held the palace, we see them wearing vests. The ones that work for Boba are topless. Is it like a summer / fall fashion thing on Tatooine? Or did someone make that decision for them?

Does the presence of a Chef droid and a Sous Chef droid imply that they are built for specific tasks, and there is no room for advancement for droids? Like is the Sous Chef droid always stuck as a subordinate to the Chef Droid?
This guy got a sweet promotion from torture droid to protocol droid/translator, so you never know
1643044795809.png

That poor GONK...

Boba episode 5 spoilers.

I find it hilarious that the best episode of Book of Boba Fett so far is an episode of the Mandalorian.

World building - finally off Tattooine on a dope-ass halo ring world.
Lore Building - learning more about Mandalorian customs and history.
Character building - Bounty Hunter, killer, loyal, honourable, honest, determined, grease monkey, generous, dependable. All in one episode.
Nostalgia - That Naboo starfighter, updated to not only look badass but as an actual space hotrod. I even laughed when he said "Wizard" a silly call back to a silly movie. And I can't wait to see little Grogu chillin in his little bubble seat.
Which brings me to my last point - Got damn Grogu beskar chainmail. I cannot wait.

Boba episode 5 spoilers.

I find it hilarious that the best episode of Book of Boba Fett so far is an episode of the Mandalorian.

World building - finally off Tattooine on a dope-ass halo ring world.
Lore Building - learning more about Mandalorian customs and history.
Character building - Bounty Hunter, killer, loyal, honourable, honest, determined, grease monkey, generous, dependable. All in one episode.
Nostalgia - That Naboo starfighter, updated to not only look badass but as an actual space hotrod. I even laughed when he said "Wizard" a silly call back to a silly movie. And I can't wait to see little Grogu chillin in his little bubble seat.
Which brings me to my last point - Got damn Grogu beskar chainmail. I cannot wait.
Yep..great episode...this is the way

I've been critical of every episode so far, but will jump on the bandwagon and say that Episode 5 was by far the best. For all the spoiler tagged reasons above.

Filoni directed it and this series feels like a continuation of what he was doing with Clone Wars and Rebels where yes, it may be that show and revolve around those characters but he's going to have side stories that weave their way into the larger narrative.

That was an incredible episode. Some thoughts:

De-Aged Luke looked great. Really enjoyed the training sequence and seeing Yoda's lightsaber. Also the emotion that the Mandalorian can get across without any facial expressions was pretty fantastic.

I really need to watch Clone Wars / Rebels.

Not mentioned this week, but the idea that Jawas are furry is pretty funny. I don't think I ever thought of them that way.

Finally, my concern with this being a Boba Fett series remains his motivation. I love the idea of all these characters coming together to fight the Pyke Syndicate and for "good", but they are still fighting for another self-proclaimed crime lord. My guess is that Boba denounces that role and becomes the Mayor of Mos Eisley at the end of the last episode since the current Mayor conveniently went missing.

I really need to watch Clone Wars / Rebels.

I've stalled out a bit in my second attempt to watch Clone Wars in the chronological order that can be readily found online. I've heard amazing things and enjoy what I've seen well enough, but haven't been all the way grabbed yet. I'm more likely to spin a couple of records than watch a couple of episodes...

Back