STAR WARS! STAR WARS! STAR WARS

I agree somewhat with Mather about wanting non-OT/PT/ST/Clone Wars content which is why I'm really looking forward to The Acolyte as it's set in the High Republic era.

TLJ is probably my favorite of the 3, but that's like picking your favorite deadly sin, they're all bad.

I think JJ Abrams deserves some praise for making a Star Wars movie all fans can agree on.
main-qimg-8714818b115bc0d0307659a2a84da6e8

That's quite a feat.

Also if people here are clamoring for good, original Star Wars content, well The High Republic has never been better. Shits starting to hit the fan. Both the books and comics are incredible, and easily the best SW content out right now. Just a group of 6 brilliant diverse writers, writing the hell out of SW in an era that's completely open for storytelling. I can't say enough good things about it.
View attachment 124908
View attachment 124907
you intrigued me there. Where do i start?

you intrigued me there. Where do i start?
Light of the Jedi by Charles Soule is the initial book that lays the groundwork for the era with all the characters and such. It reminded me of reading the Song of Ice and Fire books for the first time with the sheer amount of characters introduced. Personally I just had to google characters a lot to get an idea of what to visualize them as. Lots of names, but its worth it.
1642174294719.png

After that you have a couple diffrent ways you can go. The adult novels tell the core story of the era, with the Marvel comic filling in important gaps. Then you can read as much as you desire. The YA novels, middle grade books, and the IDW young readers comic all have characters and plot points that move from book to book. Personally that's whats made me read them all. Here's a handy guide for choosing what to read after Light of the Jedi.

Last edited:
Light of the Jedi by Charles Soule is the initial book that lays the groundwork for the era with all the characters and such. It reminded me of reading the Song of Ice and Fire books for the first time with the sheer amount of characters introduced. Personally I just had to google characters a lot to get an idea of what to visualize them as. Lots of names, but its worth it.
View attachment 124982

After that you have a couple diffrent ways you can go. The adult novels tell the core story of the era, with the Marvel comic filling in important gaps. Then you can read as much as you desire. The YA novels, middle grade books, and the IDW young readers comic all have characters and plot points that move from book to book. Personally that's whats made me read them all. Here's a handy guide for choosing what to read after Light of the Jedi.
Light of the Jedi pre ordered at my library

You guys, that modspeeder bike chase scene... Nooooooo, no no no. Did some SFX intern compile that? That was the slowest, cheapest looking thing I could have possibly imagined. That looked like something you'd see on Nickelodeon. sigh

This is my Boba Fett. Got caught up on the show...yeah, just makes me want to read the books.

View attachment 125449
Is this from Tales of the Bounty Hunters? Not to be all “back in my day,” but while sometimes being a nerd in the 90s sucked, there was something special about finding the other kid in the room who knew or cared that Boba Fett’s helmet had a pocket straw.

Is this from Tales of the Bounty Hunters? Not to be all “back in my day,” but while sometimes being a nerd in the 90s sucked, there was something special about finding the other kid in the room who knew or cared that Boba Fett’s helmet had a pocket straw.
Yes it is! Saw it posted on reddit and it brought back memories. Loved that one and "Tales From the Mos Eisley Cantina", heard the others don't hold up as well.

Back