STAR WARS! STAR WARS! STAR WARS

Boba Fett is fun in that it's terrible.

80's youth speeder vespa gang?! Come on! They're a street gang complaining about not being able to afford water while rocking the cleanest latest threads, high tech cyborg enhancements and the cleanest shiniest rides on a DESERT PLANET. It's so dumb, I loved it. I couldn't stop laughing whenever they were on screen.

Also, I think it's interesting they're making Boba Fett such a sensitive good boi... Like, sure, Disney, but he's an ex bounty hunter not the new wildcard principal with a heart of gold, here to reform the local high school.

Boba Fett is fun in that it's terrible.

80's youth speeder vespa gang?! Come on! They're a street gang complaining about not being able to afford water while rocking the cleanest latest threads, high tech cyborg enhancements and the cleanest shiniest rides on a DESERT PLANET. It's so dumb, I loved it. I couldn't stop laughing whenever they were on screen.

Also, I think it's interesting they're making Boba Fett such a sensitive good boi... Like, sure, Disney, but he's an ex bounty hunter not the new wildcard principal with a heart of gold, here to reform the local high school.
I totally agree. I feel like a tween watching Boba's "gang."

This show is just... so terrible. I have no idea how they had all this time to come up with amazing Star Wars shows and instead we get a nameless Mandolorian who they stuck with a baby for the entire show, and then Boba Teddy Bear Fett pointlessly running through a trilogy best of call backs. HAVE SOME IMAGINATION DISNEY! Cripes. I really hope Feige takes over, sure Marvel is cookie cutter but at least it's good cookies for the most part.

Last edited:
This show is just... so terrible. I have no idea how they had all this time to come up with amazing Star Wars shows and instead we get a nameless Mandolorian who they stuck with a baby for the entire show, and then Boba Teddy Bear Fett pointlessly running through a trilogy best of call backs. HAVE SOME IMAGINATION DISNEY! Cripes. I really hope Fiege takes over, sure Marvel is cookie cutter but at least it's good cookies for the most part.
Wait, you didn't like the Mandalorian? That show is fantastic.

Wait, you didn't like the Mandalorian? That show is fantastic.
I do not. I liked it better than this one, but I thought it was another big time missed opportunity. I just have to accept that whatever the plan is, that Disney has decided on for Star Wars, it ain't working for me. (Although judging by the new trilogy movies and the way the directors were handled, I'd argue they don't actually have a plan.)

I do not. I liked it better than this one, but I thought it was another big time missed opportunity. I just have to accept that whatever the plan is, that Disney has decided on for Star Wars, it ain't working for me. (Although judging by the new trilogy movies and the way the directors were handled, I'd argue they don't actually have a plan.)

Yeah I got the reset with Force Awakens even if wasn’t original, they needed distance from the prequels. I was really intrigued by The Last Jedi. The Ride of Skywalker was just so very bad on every level that I don’t actually understand any of the decisions made around that film. That said I do think that Lucas fundamentally broke the spell with those prequels and the myriad of pointless special editions.

Yeah I got the reset with Force Awakens even if wasn’t original, they needed distance from the prequels. I was really intrigued by The Last Jedi. The Ride of Skywalker was just so very bad on every level that I don’t actually understand any of the decisions made around that film. That said I do think that Lucas fundamentally broke the spell with those prequels and the myriad of pointless special editions.
The prequels are really terrible ...as are the sequels ....

Original trilogy , Rogue one ...mandolorian ...that’s the good stuff

This show is just... so terrible. I have no idea how they had all this time to come up with amazing Star Wars shows and instead we get a nameless Mandolorian who they stuck with a baby for the entire show, and then Boba Teddy Bear Fett pointlessly running through a trilogy best of call backs. HAVE SOME IMAGINATION DISNEY! Cripes. I really hope Feige takes over, sure Marvel is cookie cutter but at least it's good cookies for the most part.
1642100192341.png

The prequels are really terrible ...as are the sequels ....

Original trilogy , Rogue one ...mandolorian ...that’s the good stuff

I’d scratch Mando off that. I’m with @Mather on that one. It’s been mega overhyped. It’s just fine.

As I said I see merit in the first two of the sequels, especially The Last Jedi. The Rise of Skywalker is the worst film I’ve ever seen in the cinema. That’s right worse than Speed 2 and worse even than that shit animated pigeon one.

I really hope Feige takes over, sure Marvel is cookie cutter but at least it's good cookies for the most part.
Is Marvel's method of "Let's take beloved comic story and butcher it so it fits the superhero movie structure" really that different from Favreau and Filoni's method of "Let's make a show that's literally just a mishmash of callbacks and fan service, and all the actual content is again a butchering of stories from the novels and books"? If you want the real ass stories they're there, you just have to read. If you want your chopped up, watered down screen content, well that's there too. Don't really know what it is that's actually desired here.
nameless Mandolorian
Din Djarin. also why don't you like the Mandolorian again?

Oh and the sequels are so bad on a fundemental level that they're just irredeemable. The forces behind that trilogy inherently don't understand Star Wars or any of the characters.

Also if people here are clamoring for good, original Star Wars content, well The High Republic has never been better. Shits starting to hit the fan. Both the books and comics are incredible, and easily the best SW content out right now. Just a group of 6 brilliant diverse writers, writing the hell out of SW in an era that's completely open for storytelling. I can't say enough good things about it.
IMG_1580.JPG
IMG_1579.jpg

Is Marvel's method of "Let's take beloved comic story and butcher it so it fits the superhero movie structure" really that different from Favreau and Filoni's method of "Let's make a show that's literally just a mishmash of callbacks and fan service, and all the actual content is again a butchering of stories from the novels and books"? If you want the real ass stories they're there, you just have to read. If you want your chopped up, watered down screen content, well that's there too. Don't really know what it is that's actually desired here.

Din Djarin. also why don't you like the Mandolorian again?

Oh and the sequels are so bad on a fundemental level that they're just irredeemable. The forces behind that trilogy inherently don't understand Star Wars or any of the characters.
I'd argue that in order to make a movie that's not 15-30 hours long you obviously have to cut down content. It's impossible to make the movie otherwise, and the job that Marvel has done with that is far far superior to anything Star Wars has done in the past 20 years. Sure the movie and comics are going to be better from a story standpoint, of course they are, there's about 100 or more different ones to choose from and they can take as much time as they want to tell their story, you can't compare books and comics to movies, they are two entirely different things.

you can't compare books and comics to movies, they are two entirely different things.
I'm with you there, on all points, I'm just confused what you want out of the current SW content that's not already being produced. There is of course the fair share of adapted content like Marvel; stories (badly) ripped out of the printed material and cut up into a movie or D+ show. But there's also it's fare share of completely original content that Marvel doesn't have; stories not taken from any prior material. Prequels, Clone Wars, yada yada are all original stories. The Mandolorian, while taking cues from the EU, is a new story with new lead characters, and of course there's all the High Republic content which is completely original.

If you want something like the MCU where it's all under the same "editorial" status, where it all forms a continuous story, leading to an end point.....High Republic man. You aren't gonna get that on TV.

They have new, they have chopped up adapted. Whatchu want?

I'm with you there, on all points, I'm just confused what you want out of the current SW content that's not already being produced. There is of course the fair share of adapted content like Marvel; stories (badly) ripped out of the printed material and cut up into a movie or D+ show. But there's also it's fare share of completely original content that Marvel doesn't have; stories not taken from any prior material. Prequels, Clone Wars, yada yada are all original stories. The Mandolorian, while taking cues from the EU, is a new story with new lead characters, and of course there's all the High Republic content which is completely original.

If you want something like the MCU where it's all under the same "editorial" status, where it all forms a continuous story, leading to an end point.....High Republic man. You aren't gonna get that on TV.

They have new, they have chopped up adapted. Whatchu want?
Interesting stories that have been written well and then put on film (or digital) in a competent manner and acted out by convincing thespians for my enjoyment.

Interesting stories that have been written well and then put on film (or digital) in a competent manner and acted out by convincing thespians for my enjoyment.
Fair enough I suppose. I just wouldn't hold my breath.

Back