STAR WARS! STAR WARS! STAR WARS

Eh first episode though. Maybe don't write it off just yet. I'm hoping we'll get a more adult Star Wars. Star Wars never really delved into the criminal underworld so to me that's at least a fresh take. Mando was just a dude doing jobs and had a questionable morality. If they make Boba a softy then it will be a Mando retread. This was the catch you up episode on how he survived. I'm sure they'll piece together more of his backstory and how he aged so much in 5 years. I mean Obi Wan is going to go from mid 30s to high 60s in under 18 years living on that desert planet.

And I have no idea why they've decided that Boba Fett is some sort of brawler who bludgeons people with large sticks and fights using brute force when there is literally not a single instance of his character doing any of this in any of the prior movies. I can only assume it's from the comics?
Not really. There's moments where Boba fights with a vibrosword or even a lightsaber, but he'll almost always rely on his bounty hunter tricks, blasters and detonators, and of course his cunning. The action in this episode felt very Robert Rodriguez and not Boba Fett.

I agree Temura Morrisons figure is definitely...offputting. Looked like that in the Mandalorian, and I was hoping this would take place months later and he'd get back into shape. Nope.

If anyone wants to read "the good version" of this, read The Mandalorian Armor by K.W. Jeter, first book in a trilogy.

Not really. There's moments where Boba fights with a vibrosword or even a lightsaber, but he'll almost always rely on his bounty hunter tricks, blasters and detonators, and of course his cunning. The action in this episode felt very Robert Rodriguez and not Boba Fett.
Pretty sure none of that is canon.

Look I mean ultimately I'm kinda just having fun with this, I'm not mad. But I just don't understand why they steadfastly refuse to tell new stories and why they must always diminish the best character traits of their established characters. Han was cool because he was a scoundrel, because he wasn't Luke, he was badass and shot first. Until he didn't because won't someone think of the children. Boba Fett was cool because he was mysterious and dangerous and no one knew his story. Until he became a sniveling clone child exactly the same as a trillion other clones. Which is, in my opinion, if you were to attempt to create in a lab the worst most boring awful origin story for Boba Fett, it wouldn't even come close to this. And now, we have clone Boba Fett, who used to be awesome and mysterious and dangerous but is now a giant teddy bear, and we get to watch an entire series about his very important quest... to get his armor back from a bunch of Jawas on Tantooine whilst becoming a crime lord on Jabba's throne while also making friends and learning lessons about how to live laugh and love along the way... because won't someone think about the children. The guy is a universally feared intergalactic bounty hunter and here we are, on Tantooine AGAIN, in Jabba's Castle... AGAIN... searching for stolen clothing.
Once again... in a lab, you could not come up with a worse idea for a Boba Fett series.

In my opinion.

Last edited:
Look I mean ultimately I'm kinda just having fun with this, I'm not mad. But I just don't understand why they steadfastly refuse to tell new stories and why they must always diminish the best character traits of their established characters. Han was cool because he was a scoundrel, because he wasn't Luke, he was badass and shot first. Until he didn't because won't someone think of the children. Boba Fett was cool because he was mysterious and dangerous and no one knew his story. Until he became a sniveling clone child exactly the same as a trillion other clones. Which is, in my opinion, if you were to attempt to create in a lab the worst most boring awful origin story for Boba Fett, it wouldn't even come close to this.
Well, you can blame old George for all of this. George was also the guy who "killed" Boba at the height of his popularity. The same mistake he made with Darth Maul that Filoni also retconned.
And now, we have clone Boba Fett, who used to be awesome and mysterious and dangerous but is now a giant teddy bear, and we get to watch an entire series about his very important quest... to get his armor back from a bunch of Jawas on Tantooine and becoming a crime lord on Jabba's throne while making friends and learning lessons about how to live laugh and love along the way... because won't someone think about the children. The guy is a universally feared intergalactic bounty hunter and here we are, in Tantooine AGAIN, in Jabba's Castle... AGAIN...
Once again... in a lab, you could not come up with a worse idea for a Boba Fett series.

In my opinion.
Maybe he got tired of being someone's employee and decide he wanted to be the boss. Perhaps that's what the show will lead us to....if we can have a little patience. But yeah, I hope they go offworld because I'm tired of Tatoonie being the darkest spot in the universe yet everybody knows about it and goes there.

In Legends, Boba Fett takes the title of Mandalore and leads his people into becoming a feared and dominating force in the galaxy once again, amassing a large power-base through 2 galaxy wide wars. He takes Jaina Solo, the child of Han and Leia, under his wing and trains her to be one of the most ruthless yet lawful Jedi the galaxy has ever seen, a true "center" of the force (suck it Ahsoka).

Just sayin.

Last edited:
In Legends, Boba Fett takes the title of Mandalore and leads his people into becoming a feared and dominating force in the galaxy once again, through 2 galaxy wide wars. He takes Jaina Solo, the child of Han and Leia under his wing and trains her to be one of the most ruthless yet lawful Jedi the galaxy has ever seen.

Just sayin.
Maybe they're saving that for season 2.

Maybe they're saving that for season 2.
It's an impossibility. Disney decided that Han and Leia should name their kid Ben, even though they barely knew the dude before he died, Luke tries to kill him in his sleep (?), and you get Ben Swolo. In Legends, they have twins, Jacen and Jaina, and later another son, the progidal Anakin solo. These are the good stories. Treasure them with your life.

Don't even get me started on how they butchered Mandalorian history and culture.

Look I mean ultimately I'm kinda just having fun with this, I'm not mad. But I just don't understand why they steadfastly refuse to tell new stories and why they must always diminish the best character traits of their established characters. Han was cool because he was a scoundrel, because he wasn't Luke, he was badass and shot first. Until he didn't because won't someone think of the children. Boba Fett was cool because he was mysterious and dangerous and no one knew his story. Until he became a sniveling clone child exactly the same as a trillion other clones. Which is, in my opinion, if you were to attempt to create in a lab the worst most boring awful origin story for Boba Fett, it wouldn't even come close to this. And now, we have clone Boba Fett, who used to be awesome and mysterious and dangerous but is now a giant teddy bear, and we get to watch an entire series about his very important quest... to get his armor back from a bunch of Jawas on Tantooine whilst becoming a crime lord on Jabba's throne while also making friends and learning lessons about how to live laugh and love along the way... because won't someone think about the children. The guy is a universally feared intergalactic bounty hunter and here we are, on Tantooine AGAIN, in Jabba's Castle... AGAIN... searching for stolen clothing.

In my opinion.
Yeah, this.

I blame the cult of lore for this. Everything has to relate back to everything else, or some throwaway line in a comic or a game or something else. It’s just a way to force folk to consume everything. No good product has come from fan service.

Like you, I wish they would come up with something new. Lucas created a universe, I just with Lucasfilm would fill it…

I'm sure many will find reasons to be disappointed, unimpressed or just outright dislike it, but I'm absolutely loving this shit right now.

Maybe helps that I came into it with less than zero expectations, I dunno. Either way - that was a very entertaining way to spend nearly an hour of the kiddo's time at preschool!

Episode 2 of Book is fantastic IMO!
1641413321658.png
Some funny comedic moments (no Rancor in the pit lol)
More character introduction (The Mayor, The Twins, what is the race on the train ?)
Dark Wookie looks awesome and mean as shit!
The Tusken story, the lizard dream
The Train Capture (an ode to Lawrence of Arabia?)
The great fire dance at the end in the desert!
Good music

Last edited:
Episode 2 of Book is fantastic IMO!
View attachment 123865
Some funny comedic moments (no Rancor in the pit lol)
More character introduction (The Mayor, The Twins, what is the race on the train ?)
Dark Wookie looks awesome and mean as shit!
The Tusken story, the lizard dream
The Train Capture (an ode to Lawrence of Arabia?)
The great fire dance at the end in the desert!
Good music

The Rancor Pit bit was absolute gold!

I'm finally digging into the Clone Wars animated series (in chronological order, not release order) and decided, as a result, to watch Episode II again for the first time since opening night. Some thoughts:

• Hayden Christensen is just SO insufferable!
  • This episode feels the most Michael Bay-ish of them all.
  • As much as I generally enjoy Natalie Portman, I find her tedious and overwrought for most of this.
  • BUT, I do love Padme's no bullshit, half background, smoother than the Jedi execution escape.
  • Christopher Lee is the best part of the movie, by far.
  • Yoda vs. Dooku is still as exciting as it was on opening night.

Yoda vs. Dooku is still as exciting as it was on opening night.
I always wondered why for Yoda, the most (or just one of the most?) powerful Jedi, would need to jump around in order to fight rather than just control his lightsaber with his mind, or...simply make Dooku stoop to fight; that seems like a great advantage on its own. Also that all his joints and muscles would go to shit between ages 875 and 900...but then I'm not a yodaphysiologist, so maybe that's exactly what happens when 900 years you reach.

I always wondered why for Yoda, the most (or just one of the most?) powerful Jedi, would need to jump around in order to fight rather than just control his lightsaber with his mind, or...simply make Dooku stoop to fight; that seems like a great advantage on its own. Also that all his joints and muscles would go to shit between ages 875 and 900...but then I'm not a yodaphysiologist, so maybe that's exactly what happens when 900 years you reach.
Yep. Another example in the long line of Star Wars fundamentally misunderstanding everything that makes their own characters unique and interesting.

Yep. Another example in the long line of Star Wars fundamentally misunderstanding everything that makes their own characters unique and interesting.
I haven’t watched it, and have tried to avoid yucking anyone’s yum, but that’s exactly the vibe I get from The Look of Boba Fett Without his Helmet.

Back