STAR WARS! STAR WARS! STAR WARS

Well, that was fun.
not bad, started like I heard it would
the insides of the Sarlacc, then sand people, jawaw's, good fight scenes, Jessica Beal sighting, a new monster, Nice score by Ludwig, good storyboards at the end as usual.

not bad, started like I heard it would
the insides of the Sarlacc, then sand people, jawaw's, good fight scenes, Jessica Beal sighting, a new monster, Nice score by Ludwig, good storyboards at the end as usual.
Enjoyed it, but I just hope it moves away from what the Mandalorian is. It could have easily been another Mando episode and no one would have noticed.

I might be in the minority, but I thought it was slow and underwhelming, despite the great score. Hopefully the plot picks up, because if all it is is a show about the struggles of a bounty hunter-turned crime boss with tertiary Star Wars characters and a stoic lead, I'm not sure I'm enough of a fan-boy for that. Glad to read so many of you enjoyed it though.

Watched the first episode, mainly just made me want to read my old Boba Fett comics and the Bounty Hunter Wars trilogy.

It kind of rubs me wrong when new SW content takes inspiration from Legends material, but absolutely butchers them. Almost like throwing away the old continuity was a brash act and not really thought through....

The Mandolorian was great because it was 95% new content. Setting up The Thrawn trilogy in that 20 year gap between Mandolorian and TFA? Mehhhhhh

Last edited:
Okay so 185 lb Boba Fett went into the Sarlaac pit, and a day later 250 lb Bubba Fett came out. Motherfucker must have eaten his way out.

I still cannot fathom why they decided to use the same actor from the prequels. He's so bloated the outfit looks comical on him, looks like a plumber in low rent cosplay.

And I have no idea why they've decided that Boba Fett is some sort of brawler who bludgeons people with large sticks and fights using brute force when there is literally not a single instance of his character doing any of this in any of the prior movies. I can only assume it's from the comics?

I thought that episode was something I'd expect to find halfway through the fourth season of a 22 episode run when the writers have run out of ideas. As the debut episode of a new series I thought that was horrendous.

Okay so 185 lb Boba Fett went into the Sarlaac pit, and a day later 250 lb Bubba Fett came out. Motherfucker must have eaten his way out.

I still cannot fathom why they decided to use the same actor from the prequels. He's so bloated the outfit looks comical on him, looks like a plumber in low rent cosplay.

And I have no idea why they've decided that Boba Fett is some sort of brawler who bludgeons people with large sticks and fights using brute force when there is literally not a single instance of his character doing any of this in any of the prior movies. I can only assume it's from the comics?

I thought that episode was something I'd expect to find halfway through the fourth season of a 22 episode run when the writers have run out of ideas. As the debut episode of a new series I thought that was horrendous.
I think we're going to find he has to adapt after losing his armor and picks up the fighting style of the Tusken Raiders which is bludging your opponents with gaffi sticks.

Filoni is a prequel guy and Lucas already reset the canon with Jango being who all the clones were based on. So Temuera Morrison was always going to be old man Boba. Plus, the dude's pretty kick ass.

And look man, people get puffy as they get older and hit middle age. Look at Uncle Owen. And frankly, some of us have experienced that very thing. 185 me in my 30s is a lot different than 185 me in my 40s.

Last edited:
I think we're going to find he has to adapt after losing his armor and picks up the fighting style of the Tusken Raiders which is bludging your opponents with gaffi sticks.

Filoni is a prequel guy and Lucas already reset the canon with Jango being who all the clones were based on. So Temuera Morrison was always going to be old man Boba. Plus, the dude's pretty kick ass.

And look man, people get puffy as they get older and hit middle age. Look at Uncle Owen.
It's not the old age puffy thing that I have an issue with though, it's the fact that he aged all that time in the 12 hours he was in the Sarlaac. And the costume looks ridiculous on him, adjust it or something. Yes the actor is undoubtedly badass, I mean he was in Once Were Warriors which is about as badass a movie as you can get. But beyond all that dear God what is the point of this show. It's the same show as Mando but with a different lead. And that episode was all filler AS A DEBUT EPISODE. I just really wish Star Wars would have the balls to do something different and stop trying to please absolutely everyone. Do your version of Wandavision, do something out there. Do a noir detective show, do anything other than this. Pretty please.

I agree, underwhelmed on the first episode. Not quite sure where this is going. Also have no idea why he'd want to be a crime lord, besides it being a plot point to jump the series on.

Was a nice surprise to see:
Max Reebo back on the keys, and Captain Rex from Star Tours in the bar

Back