STAR WARS! STAR WARS! STAR WARS

The sequels (and Solo) are so bad, I'd honestly be pretty happy with no more movies, and just keep churning out the books, comics and Disney+ shows. The Mandalorian is already a better continuation of ROTJ then the sequels were, and it's not even trying to be that. The High Republic books and comics have been by far my favorite content in the new canon, and that's basically just a group of 6 diverse writers who love Star Wars just doing their thing.

It really bums me out, since the "Legends" New Republic era is filled with so much good stuff. They had all the material, they just chose not to use it. And now you see them trying to work bits in (Last scene of Bad Batch anyone?) but it's just too late. It'd just be tricky, with the sequels taking place where they are. But man would a New Jedi Order film adaptation be something to behold (but sadly will probably never happen).
We thought Rogue One was great!

On the other hand we all lost interest in Bad Batch pretty quick.

Last edited:
We thought Rogue One was great!

On the other we all lost interest in Bad Batch pretty quick.
Rogue One is great! It's one of those films where if I'm flipping through channels and it's on cable, I'll prettymuch always watch it. I liked the first BB episode but after that it just became boring and formulaic. Kept watching for Omega and her fantastic accent. It's just a matter of time until an older, live action Omega meets Boba Fett.

But the final scene in the last episode, and the cloning tanks seen in The Mandalorian, it's sort of obvious they're setting up an "Heir To The Empire" story for Ahsoka. Which is cool I guess, but if just seems desperate at this point. At this point Filoni seems predictable, and that's a real bummer.

I could make a case for Star Wars Legends being superior to canon if only for the existence of Lumpawaroo.

SPOILER FOR EARLY 2000's STAR WARS NOVELS

After Chewbacca sacrifices himself to stave off the Yuzong Vong invasion, Lumpy chooses to take on his fathers life debt to Han and walks in his fathers footsteps as co-pilot of the falcon, and if that isn't character development, I don't know what is.

SPOILERS OVER

Edit: I just found out about this Lumpy short story and now I need it. It's apparently in the paperback version of Tattooine Ghost but I have the hardcover. A Forest Apart

Last edited:
Since we are all suckers for remastered editions.

Not long after the Disney purchase a YouTube video appeared that used one of the previous existing YouTube videos but with remastered sound. That is to say, someone who's job was to catalog everything they got in the sale found it.

Once I learned that I figured it's just a matter of time before we see the whole thing.

Yeah I mean honestly, I don't expect this to ever come out. Quantic Dream make David Cage games. They don't make multiplayer games of massive privately owned IPs. I do not see this going well at all.

Yeah I mean honestly, I don't expect this to ever come out. Quantic Dream make David Cage games. They don't make multiplayer games of massive privately owned IPs. I do not see this going well at all.

it does look absolutely amazing from the trailer though. Would really like to see something to eventually come out. glad to have a ps5 now.

Not very surprising, seeing as the trailer doesn’t really provide anything beyond vibes. I know early trailers like this are usually just for vibes, but I couldn’t say what the gameplay would be like other than “Star Wars”; could be a puzzle game for all I know.

Back