STAR WARS! STAR WARS! STAR WARS

Book of Boba Fett and Mandolorian s3 will certainly be great, but THIS is what I'm looking forward to
obi-wan-kenobi-cast-4767.jpg

Gimmegimmegimmme

Who has had a go on Rise Of The Resistance?

View attachment 116153
I have! It’s worth the excruciating wait, like completely worth it. I wasn’t expecting to love it as much as I did. But for a Disney parks nerd like myself, I got so so so much out of how incredibly well constructed and fun this ride is. It’s one of the best rides in all the WDW parks, hands down.

I have! It’s worth the excruciating wait, like completely worth it. I wasn’t expecting to love it as much as I did. But for a Disney parks nerd like myself, I got so so so much out of how incredibly well constructed and fun this ride is. It’s one of the best rides in all the WDW parks, hands down.
It really is an awesome ride. The details are amazing! I was able to ride it twice this week while I was at Disneyland and I wish it could have been more. I’ll go back once the Genie Plus is implemented and they do away with the virtual queue.

It really is an awesome ride. The details are amazing! I was able to ride it twice this week while I was at Disneyland and I wish it could have been more. I’ll go back once the Genie Plus is implemented and they do away with the virtual queue.
Oh I haven’t been to Disneyland, and I’ve heard the whole Galaxy’s Edge area is better than in Disneyworld. But the ride is the same. I went last year, pre-pandemic with the virtual sign up thing. Curious to see how everything goes with the new Genie system. I’ll be trying to go back next year at some point. Anyway, it was easily the best part of my last trip.

Happy Life Day! The Star Wars Holiday Special premiered on this day in 1978 and introduced us to Chewies family - His Dad Itchy, Wife Malla, and of course his son, Lumpy. Not to mention the first appearance of Boba Fett.

So fitting that I read the 4-year-old his first Star Wars stories at bedtime last night.

(I suppose if I had him tonight it would be even more fitting, but whatever works!)

This was an interesting read about the state of Star Wars post-RoS:

Albeit it still hews to a specific perspective of Star Wars fandom, namely one which has been loyal to the Filloni tv shows prior to and through the Disney acquisition. I think I overall agree with the premise of "the movies are too big and try too hard to be all things to all fans, while tv, comics, and novels let people dig into specific areas of the franchise."

However, I think the EU (or whatever they call it now) stuff remains beholden to the OT era and doesn't necessarily create memorable characters or events that stand as part of the pop-culture Star Wars identity (Grogu is basically the only one to break through; look to Ashoka for an example of a "fan-favorite" who most people seeing Star Wars movies don't really recognize. Thrawn as well). For the most part, it feels more like spackling cracks and holes rather than erecting new architecture.

If I could play armchair quarterback, I think Disney/Luscasfilm could have their cake and eat it by, instead of doing "a movie every year," doing a trilogy every decade or so. Put 'em out every other year and build anticipation and make it a mainstream "event film," which would mean about four years of Star Wars trilogy promotion cycle, then go dark for six to ten years while planning the next big arc. Honestly, with Taika, Johnson, and Feige's projects in limbo status, this may very well be the case.

The sequels (and Solo) are so bad, I'd honestly be pretty happy with no more movies, and just keep churning out the books, comics and Disney+ shows. The Mandalorian is already a better continuation of ROTJ then the sequels were, and it's not even trying to be that. The High Republic books and comics have been by far my favorite content in the new canon, and that's basically just a group of 6 diverse writers who love Star Wars just doing their thing.

It really bums me out, since the "Legends" New Republic era is filled with so much good stuff. They had all the material, they just chose not to use it. And now you see them trying to work bits in (Last scene of Bad Batch anyone?) but it's just too late. It'd just be tricky, with the sequels taking place where they are. But man would a New Jedi Order film adaptation be something to behold (but sadly will probably never happen).

Back