STAR WARS! STAR WARS! STAR WARS

Yes and no. You know what I mean... even something like Rogue One is an explanation of a single line in the Star Wars Saga. High Republic stories set the stage for how the Empire came to be which is integral to the Skywalker Saga. The Skywalker Saga is set up as a prophecy of old, it’s a central plot point in the entire universe.

it’s like saying the best Marvel stories have nothing to do with someone like Reed Richards or the best DC with someone like Superman... the very existence of those universes are tied to those stories...
Yea its the beginning and center of the universe and everything spins off or leads to that story. The best thing the Skywalker saga does imo is leaving so much of its world and characters to build on. An entire Mandalorian society and lore has been built over the years based solely on the popularity of Boba Fett, a character that is barely in the original trilogy but was loved by fans. Knights of the Old Republic is one of my favorite Star Wars stories and that has very little to do with the Skywalkers because of how far in the past its set. Thats part of my hope for all of these High Republic stories, but im sure Disney will find someway to get a Skywalker in there.

Yoda is already an adult in the High Republic era. Unless the Skywalker is Anakin's great, great, great, great, great, great grandparent, there shouldn't be any tangible link to Anakin in the High Republic series.

The Rian Johnson trilogy was supposed to be elsewhere in the Star Wars timeline but it got shelved because people got angry that Luke threw away his lightsaber.

I don't understand why the people working on Star Wars don't call up the folks at Marvel for tips on using CGI for de-aging characters...
Apparently, and I honestly don't understand how... But apparently they DID use the same people that did the Marvel effects. But I don't know how that's possible. Must have been the D crew.

I managed to avoid this thread until I finished S2, which I have just done. I'm one of these fans that have seen all the films (most a few times over) and played the games etc, but I wouldn't consider myself a die-hard fan. With that being said, I really enjoyed the second season, more so than the first and I really liked the tie-in at the end.

What's funny is that for all the stick the CGI might get, there were so many points in the series where I just thought how amazing it is that we are in an age where a tv show like this has the budget of a blockbuster film. As a kid playing Republic Commando (which needs a remake!!) and the KOTOR on my x-box if you had told me that there would be a whole tv series that was visually better than any star wars game or film I had played to date my mind would have exploded.

i just watched the episode and, man, it’s just disheartening to read some of the dour opinions here. my reaction to the ending segment was pretty much ‘dude... no fucking way... NO FUCKING WAY’ and then about ten minutes of just genuine happiness and excitement as the episode finished out. the best part is it all makes sense. none of this ‘the dead speak!’ bullshit. they’ve set this moment up over several episodes, and even then the thought that luke fucking skywalker would show up was not on my radar at all. it was a genuine surprise, and in my opinion they pulled it off masterfully. i really couldn’t be more satisfied with this show at this point, and it’s really helped me rediscover how fun star wars can be.

Part of the reason some of us are so disheartened is that we loved how Mandolorian was its own thing. Sure it touched nostalgia obliquely and there was a baby Yoda but it was seemingly disconnected from all the Skywalker crap that had become bloated.

And then for this season to go straight into “jk here’s Luke Skywalker” was so deflating.

Part of the reason some of us are so disheartened is that we loved how Mandolorian was its own thing. Sure it touched nostalgia obliquely and there was a baby Yoda but it was seemingly disconnected from all the Skywalker crap that had become bloated.

And then for this season to go straight into “jk here’s Luke Skywalker” was so deflating.

And done do poorly too. The baby yoda was always going to end up with a major Jedi and the whole lightsaber battle bit was kinda cool but the CGI after was just so bad, he looked like a misshaped bloody force ghost not a living person, that it took it right out of the moment.

And done do poorly too. The baby yoda was always going to end up with a major Jedi and the whole lightsaber battle bit was kinda cool but the CGI after was just so bad, he looked like a misshaped bloody force ghost not a living person, that it took it right out of the moment.
Yeah I am out on any de-aging or putting dead people in movies (poor James Dean) but that’s somewhat disconnected from general Star Wars complaints. I think it’s tacky in all instances.

But with all we know of the universe at this period of time who else would come to teach baby yoda? There are maybe 5 Jedis left and 2 are Skywalkers and one was already in the show. The cgi was bad, but the choice makes the most sense imo as Luke is the only one of those remaining Jedis that is actively looking to teach new Jedis.

Also its a small guest spot and not a new addition to the show, so I fail to see how its jumping the shark?

But with all we know of the universe at this period of time who else would come to teach baby yoda? There are maybe 5 Jedis left and 2 are Skywalkers and one was already in the show. The cgi was bad, but the choice makes the most sense imo as Luke is the only one of those remaining Jedis that is actively looking to teach new Jedis.

Also its a small guest spot and not a new addition to the show, so I fail to see how its jumping the shark?
The whole point of the show is that is was Star Wars: Lone Wolf and Cub. If you have now removed the Cub the show fundamentally changes and to me jumps the shark. Other people can feel however they’d like.

The whole point of the show is that is was Star Wars: Lone Wolf and Cub. If you have now removed the Cub the show fundamentally changes and to me jumps the shark. Other people can feel however they’d like.
Have they removed the cub tho? Hes going to train and Mando said he would see him again. I just dont see disney fully removing their most popular character from their most popular show.

So then we see Luke Skywalker again and that was my original complaint.
Not necessarily. There are plenty of ways Mando and Grogu can meet back up without involving Luke or just using him for a quick scene. If they make bad cgi luke a regular character ill be as angry as you, but until that happens im happy with everything they've done.

the disheartening part was more about me literally being excited about what i just saw and then coming here only to have the first bunch of posts i read be so down on the episode. it was just deflating in the moment. we all have our perspectives and that’s ok. for me, i’m just really happy with the show overall and the feelings of kid-like joy it keeps giving me when watching it.

Back