STAR WARS! STAR WARS! STAR WARS

You're not going to like the future crossover event where all the shows come together to take on the Big Bad, a la Avengers.
100% this is what's happening. It's a different plan than the MCU since these are starting as TV shows, but it's the same rough idea.

It's also just borrowed from comic books that pulls this shit all the time. Make you feel like you have to keep up with all the individual titles so you can fully engage with the 'big event'.

100% this is what's happening. It's a different plan than the MCU since these are starting as TV shows, but it's the same rough idea.

It's also just borrowed from comic books that pulls this shit all the time. Make you feel like you have to keep up with all the individual titles so you can fully engage with the 'big event'.
Wasn't the big crossover event for the three series already announced? I liked how the avenger pulled it off over years of films building up to the infinity war. I mean starwars did not manage to do it over two consecutive films in the sequels. we talked about how rise did away with lords from last Jedi but though I liked last jedi same can be said about that movie with regard to the force awakens. The writing felt like one of those games where you tell a story with everyone having one sentence and it's fun to do something weird to see where the next one goes with it.

Last edited:
Wasn't the big crossover event for the three series already announced? I liked how the avenger pulled it off over years of films building up to the infinity war. I mean starwars did not manage to do it over two consecutive films in the sequels. we talked about how rise did away with lords from last Jedi but though I liked talk first same can be said about that movie with regard to the force awakens. The writing felt like one of those games where you tell a story with everyone having one sentence and it's fun to do something weird to see where the next one goes with it.
I never quite jibed with the 1:1 comparison there; all the subversions Last Jedi committed were just that: yes-and-ing the story threads from TFA with what indeed were left-turns or subversions of expectations, but continuations nonetheless. The ball didn't go where we expected, but it stayed in the air. Rise of Skywalker had its fingers firmly plugged in its ears, "nya nya I can't hear you"-ing stuff from Last Jedi. It didn't even seem interested in continuing threads/themes/ideas from TFA. It took the ball and spiked it into the nearest bowl of chowder.

I never quite jibed with the 1:1 comparison there; all the subversions Last Jedi committed were just that: yes-and-ing the story threads from TFA with what indeed were left-turns or subversions of expectations, but continuations nonetheless. The ball didn't go where we expected, but it stayed in the air. Rise of Skywalker had its fingers firmly plugged in its ears, "nya nya I can't hear you"-ing stuff from Last Jedi. It didn't even seem interested in continuing threads/themes/ideas from TFA. It took the ball and spiked it into the nearest bowl of chowder.
I generally agree, but I think overall the sequel trilogy could have massively benefited if one had settled for a common tone and story arc

Phoebe Waller-Bridge is the absolute highlight of that movie.

I think Alden Ehrenreich gets way too much flack, though. He’s a good actor and does what he can with the material.
She’s in it for like 20 minutes of the film (not her screen time but literally how long she exists).

So Gina Carano is out.... was she intended to feature in one of the announced spin-offs like Rangers of the New Republic?

They should just recast her for the spin-off. I think in the Mandalorian I liked the idea of the character more than the character. Her acting was nothing special, worth giving it to someone new IMO.

Yeah, this is how I feel about it too. Was never particularly thrilled by her performance to begin with so either move on from the character altogether or recast and act like it never happened.

Back