STAR WARS! STAR WARS! STAR WARS

the disheartening part was more about me literally being excited about what i just saw and then coming here only to have the first bunch of posts i read be so down on the episode. it was just deflating in the moment. we all have our perspectives and that’s ok. for me, i’m just really happy with the show overall and the feelings of kid-like joy it keeps giving me when watching it.
I think the fans here outweigh the critics, but the grumps just got here first

What's funny is that for all the stick the CGI might get, there were so many points in the series where I just thought how amazing it is that we are in an age where a tv show like this has the budget of a blockbuster film.

I think the special effects (especially the practical effects) are amazing... just not the de-aging.

I'm also OK with a little Luke- Star Wars has always been a huge galaxy but a small world when it comes to main characters connecting.

As for splitting them up, I doubt it will last long. First- I can't imagine they plan on having a lot of Luke. If they had, I think they would have gone with something more sustainable like casting Sebastian Stan as Luke, or something like that. Second, there's NO WAY Grogu stays in the training center until Kylo kills everyone.

The whole point of the show is that is was Star Wars: Lone Wolf and Cub. If you have now removed the Cub the show fundamentally changes and to me jumps the shark. Other people can feel however they’d like.

Have they removed the cub tho? Hes going to train and Mando said he would see him again. I just dont see disney fully removing their most popular character from their most popular show.
That's to be seen , but the mando groku bond was kind of the heart of the show, so it'll be interesting how they carry on. It's going to be hard too reunite them soon when mandos main goal for 2 seasons ( maybe 1,5) was to bring him home to the Jedi. We'll see. I did not find cgi -Luke too bad. I showed at least as many dredible facial expressions as cara dune.

Just a thought, whats the chances of us getting a Mandalorian video game out of this?

As a kid, I remember Star Wars Bounty Hunter being amazing but watched a youtube clip of it the other day and...... let's just say its dated. I would love a modern bounty hunter game set in the Star Wars universe, it could be amazing!

Book of Boba Fett is an original series and not season 3

From starwars.com
The Book of Boba Fett, a new Original Series, starring Temuera Morrison and Ming-Na Wen and executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni and Robert Rodriguez, set within the timeline of The Mandalorian, is coming to Disney+ Dec. 2021.

the disheartening part was more about me literally being excited about what i just saw and then coming here only to have the first bunch of posts i read be so down on the episode. it was just deflating in the moment. we all have our perspectives and that’s ok. for me, i’m just really happy with the show overall and the feelings of kid-like joy it keeps giving me when watching it.

I'm sorry if my post contributed to you enjoying it less. My intention wasn't to be a buzz kill. I'm interested in the shared perspectives we all have on it, as I felt conflicted, and I'm truly glad you enjoyed it.

I really loved the episode, and fanboyed out like crazy seeing Luke at the peak of his powers. But there was no surprise he showed up. The storyline had clearly set that up, and Mark Hamill (and a couple major tv critics) had spoiled it on Twitter. (Fwiw, I don't think we'll see much more of Luke going forward, beyond reconnecting Grogu and Mando.)

I enjoyed season 2 a lot, especially the Yojimbo episode w/ Ashoka, and looked forward to watching it week to week. I just felt season 1 was significantly better as it was an original story, while season 2 used the crutch of 4 pre-existing fan-favourite characters. All of their appearances made sense in the course of the season. I just wish they had slow played it, rather than speeding through it all to set up Disney+'s 10(!) spin offs. It made me feel like I'm a mark. Which I am, I just don't like it shoved in my face.

PS I also wish they had left Boba Fett in the Sarlacc pit. That guys sucks.

I’ve learned to ignore the negative criticisms of Star Wars. The fans are way too invested and have an overblown sense of entitlement.

132447985_3838650186186554_2907245293578944052_n.jpg

I'm not a Star Wars fan boy, I think it's great, but I can live without it. I also didn't see the original movies in english until I was in high school, I watched them dubbed in spanish...
with that being said, some of my favorites are Empire Strikes Back, Revenge of the Sith, Rogue One, and The Last Jedi. I freakin love Rogue One
I also greatly enjoyed The Mandalorian, thought it was great, it has actually wanted me to deep dive into the Star Wars universe and find out more about it.

If you are okay with watching animated shows, Star Wars Rebels is really great. It will give you a deeper dive that you're seeking.

But with all we know of the universe at this period of time who else would come to teach baby yoda? There are maybe 5 Jedis left and 2 are Skywalkers and one was already in the show. The cgi was bad, but the choice makes the most sense imo as Luke is the only one of those remaining Jedis that is actively looking to teach new Jedis.

Also its a small guest spot and not a new addition to the show, so I fail to see how its jumping the shark?
I agree. The show seems to finally have somewhere to go, not jumping the shark at all. Do you want to see another season of Din and Grogu just bouncing from planet to planet, trying to find ‘his kind’? Honestly I am stoked that Grogu will have some development, because two seasons without major growth is noticeable.
With the new series announced, it seems like they are really fleshing out this era of Star Wars, and I am all for it.

And don’t forget his parting words to Crogu ...”Don’t be afraid” ...where does fear lead....we all know !

That little stick shift ball from the blown up ship may play a part some where down the line too ...

Last edited:
I’ve learned to ignore the negative criticisms of Star Wars. The fans are way too invested and have an overblown sense of entitlement.
I think it's disingenuous to label all criticisms of Star Was as the rantings of crazed fans. I am not a rabid Star Wars fanboy (like the new trilogy mostly fine besides the third one which was just poorly done) and all media should be open to critiques. It's worse to just be like "LET ME ENJOY MY STORIES" and deflect any criticism, valid or not. I mean what are you defending billion dollar industries from critics or fans? Good job?

I think it's disingenuous to label all criticisms of Star Was as the rantings of crazed fans. I am not a rabid Star Wars fanboy (like the new trilogy mostly fine besides the third one which was just poorly done) and all media should be open to critiques. It's worse to just be like "LET ME ENJOY MY STORIES" and deflect any criticism, valid or not. I mean what are you defending billion dollar industries from critics or fans? Good job?
I don’t disagree. I just feel way too many people spend way too much time on every little bit of the Star Wars stuff.

the whole complaint that Boba and Luke and Ahsoka showed up in Lone Wolf and Cub set in Star Wars messed up the originality of a Lone Wolf and Cub series set in Star Wars is laughable. I want Luke to show up and be a bad ass.

The fact that people are complaining about some Mandolorian character I had never even heard of is ludicrous to me. Especially considering that Star Wars are really meant to be escapist kids fare. It’s always been derivative and it’s always been about playing to the fans.

that’s what gets tiresome. I’m not against criticism. I just think the criticism around Star Wars in particular has become vile and it’s lost its meaning to me.

I am never going to be one that is going to feel good about people enjoying something and then other people inhibiting that joy.

if that’s me saying “let me enjoy my stories” then so be it.

part of reading critical writing is knowing the critic and it’s become hard to take the criticism of Star Wars seriously.

Last edited:
I don’t disagree. I just feel way too many people spend way too much time on every little bit of the Star Wars stuff.

the whole complaint that Boba and Luke and Ahsoka showed up in Lone Wolf and Cub set in Star Wars messed up the originality of a Lone Wolf and Cub series set in Star Wars laughable. I want Luke to show up and be a bad ass.

The fact that people are complaining about some Mandolorian character I had never even heard of is ludicrous to me. Especially considering that Star Wars are really meant to be escapist kids fare. It’s always been derivative and it’s always been about playing to the fans.

that’s what gets tiresome. I’m not against criticism. I just think the criticism around Star Wars in particular has become vile and it’s lost its meaning to me.

I am never going to be one that is going to feel good about people enjoying something and then other people inhibiting that joy.

if that’s me saying “let me enjoy my stories” then so be it.

part of reading critical writing is knowing the critic and it’s become hard to take the criticism of Star Wars seriously.
That’s on you if you think every criticism of Star Wars is in bad faith. There are tons of diaper babies that complain endlessly about Star Wars online. I just don’t see any of that here.

That’s on you if you think every criticism of Star Wars is in bad faith. There are tons of diaper babies that complain endlessly about Star Wars online. I just don’t see any of that here.
It’s on you if you think I singled you or any other member out in either of my comments. I never said all of it is. Enough of it is that I’ve just started to ignore it.

I got around to watching the final ep and
I am certainly surprised that, considering the big complaint many (not me) had about the season/series was the lack of forward movement, how quickly the supposed main mission (save Grogu, defeat Gideon, reunite Grogu with Jedi) was completed. I honestly expected this to simply drag on with incremental progress for seasons and seasons, and I would’ve been fine with it.

So I’m curious to see what the next thing looks like. Maybe S3 jumps ahead to Kylo trashing the temple and Mando reuniting with Grogu. Or Mando never sees Grogu again, period (except for when he comes back for the season 3 finale), and .

But I’m worried fan service is going to reign. The finale was rife with it, beyond Luke (who was fine); the Darksaber and who has the right to wield it was ballyhooed about to an extent I simply did not care about. And I’ve said it before, but I just don’t want to see a “continuation” of Boba Fett’s “story.” I just don’t see value in him sitting on Jabba’s throne beyond fan service.

Back