STAR WARS! STAR WARS! STAR WARS

After wanting to try and start the Mandalorian for a long time now I finally did it. And I’m fully in. Because The Child is the best thing. The second I saw it I was giddy.

So just watched that finale

So I hate hate hate this CGI bollocks, either recast or leave the character out.

They should just leave the Mandelorian there, perfect end point, there is no need fo more, go tell the other stories.

Also as a series this was pretty weak. It was 16 good set pieces that flimsily tied together.

I spoiled a bit just from headlines this morning,

Considering Mandalorian took all the promise of “Boba Fett tv show” and shed itself (mostly) of the fan service and franchise-beholden lore of actually having Boba Fett in a show...I’m not thrilled about a Boba Fett show. At least, not yet.

So I hate hate hate this CGI bollocks, either recast or leave the character out.

They should just leave the Mandelorian there, perfect end point, there is no need fo more, go tell the other stories.

Also as a series this was pretty weak. It was 16 good set pieces that flimsily tied together.
I really hate this stuff too. It’s why I wasn’t into Rogue One

I spoiled a bit just from headlines this morning,

Considering Mandalorian took all the promise of “Boba Fett tv show” and shed itself (mostly) of the fan service and franchise-beholden lore of actually having Boba Fett in a show...I’m not thrilled about a Boba Fett show. At least, not yet.
Lucas was always looking for an avenue to explore the seedy underbelly of the Star Wars universe. There was originally going to be a show called Star Wars:Underworld but it was shelved around the time he decided to sell to Disney. This could work if it's a more adult Star Wars show. With Boba, I think you'll see that. I mean he just murdered the entire remainder of Jabba's crew.

Hmmm...I was highly entertained by the s2 finale, but felt like season 2 was a big step down from season 1 in terms of depth of storytelling. I really disliked how this season just became fan service and seemed too rushed to help set up their 10 spin-offs series.

I was also less excited with each character reveal. I thought Luke's return tonight was very cool, and he was clearly a Jedi bad-ass, but I was also unsurprised to see him at this point after they'd rolled out Bo-Katan, Ashoka, and Boba Fett already.

I thought Mando S2 was the best live action star wars thing since the original trilogy. Call it fan service all you want, but the expanded universe is the best thing about the franchise and I thought they mined from that in a bunch of fun ways.

The fan service to me isn't that big a deal as it led to somewhere. Ahsoka being added was to introduce her character to non-Clone Wars/Rebels audiences and to launch a new series with Filoni's pet character. Bo Katan being added shows the direction Filoni will go next season with a possible liberation of Mandalore. The big reveal in the final episode is not going to be a reoccurring event and it was to bring finality to the current season's storyline and Mando's quest. Boba returning is the only purely fan service angle but I really don't care. Boba Fett was an obsession of mine ever since Empire.

If you're looking for non-fan service Star Wars, The Acolyte should be everything you're seeking. Totally different era that doesn't involve the Skywalker line. The only fan service would be a younger Yoda.

I thought Mando S2 was the best live action star wars thing since the original trilogy. Call it fan service all you want, but the expanded universe is the best thing about the franchise and I thought they mined from that in a bunch of fun ways.
From what I've seen online, the additional series, Ahsoka and Rangers of the New Republic, will tie into a larger event similar to how the separate Marvels vehicles eventually led to Infinity War.

I’m always curious about the Acolyte is separate from the Skywalker story comments. Nothing in Star Wars is separate from the Skywalker Saga. Especially if it happens prior to the events of the triology of trilogies... Star Wars is the Skywalker Saga.

Except almost all of Star Wars best stories have little or nothing to do with the Skywalker Saga
Yes and no. You know what I mean... even something like Rogue One is an explanation of a single line in the Star Wars Saga. High Republic stories set the stage for how the Empire came to be which is integral to the Skywalker Saga. The Skywalker Saga is set up as a prophecy of old, it’s a central plot point in the entire universe.

it’s like saying the best Marvel stories have nothing to do with someone like Reed Richards or the best DC with someone like Superman... the very existence of those universes are tied to those stories...

Back