STAR WARS! STAR WARS! STAR WARS

I concur on Last Jedi, Ryan wanted to expand the universe, only for it to be shrunk back in by Rise of Skywalker. Rogue One is undoubtedly my favorite of the new Star Wars.

Yep. There is also such a lack of jeopardy in 9 that it ceases to feel plausible. I know space cowboys v nazi spacemen was never really plausible but it had charm and character that carried on through that and there was jeopardy, bad things happened to good people. Undead experror lost me but i mean everyone who died in that film miraculously wasn’t dead apart From the character played by the actress who was dead beforehand and Darth Emo. Everything about that film was turd.

I agree, the whole appeal of the Last Jedi to me was that it was ambitious and clever and though big. It was let down by its sequel just basically ignoring it!

Last edited:
Yep. There is also such a lack of jeopardy in 9 that it ceases to feel plausible. I know space cowboys v nazi spacemen was never really plausible but it had charm and character that carried on through that and there was jeopardy, bad things happened to good people. Undead experror lost me but i mean everyone who died in that film miraculously wasn’t dead apart From the character played by the actress who was dead beforehand and Darth Elmo. Everything about that film was turd.

I agree, the whole appeal of the Last Jedi to me was that it was ambitious and clever and though big. It was let down by its sequel just basically ignoring it!

Can’t believe Disney went into a trilogy with no plan, story arc or constant writers ...they literally winged it as they went along and have pretty much destroyed the franchise

But then saved it with the Mandalorian. Filoni and Favreau are going to make people constantly look back at the missed opportunity the sequel trilogy was. But if I'm being honest, the Skywalker story really should've just ended with Return of the Jedi. Part of why I enjoy Rogue One and Mandalorian are they take place adjacent to the Skywalker storyline. There's a link but it's not directly a Skywalker story. It's such a large universe where you could tell great stories outside of the Skywalker clan.

There's an Investor's Call on Thursday where Disney is expected to unveil other Disney+ Star Wars projects in the works including possibly a new animated show set in the High Republic era when Yoda was Baby Yoda age.

Last edited:
But then saved it with the Mandalorian. Filoni and Favreau are going to make people constantly look back at the missed opportunity the sequel trilogy was. But if I'm being honest, the Skywalker story really should've just ended with Return of the Jedi. Part of why I enjoy Rogue One and Mandalorian are they take place adjacent to the Skywalker storyline. There's a link but it's not directly a Skywalker story. It's such a large universe where you could tell great stories outside of the Skywalker clan.
There's an Investor's Call today where Disney is expected to unveil other Disney+ Star Wars projects in the works including possibly a new animated show set in the High Republic era when Yoda was Baby Yoda age.
So there gonna show more of an actual Baby Yoda! 😅

Can’t believe Disney went into a trilogy with no plan, story arc or constant writers ...they literally winged it as they went along and have pretty much destroyed the franchise

I mean the prequel trilogy was far worse, far far worse. They killed it for me. Disney released an enjoyable nostalgia fest, a good, interesting film and then a cinematic floater.

Missed all the commotion the past few days here. I'm in a weird middle ground with the movies and TV shows. I have problems with all of them, but at the same time, I'm a man who can appreciate the trash. Episodes 2 and 9 are certainly in a pit well below the rest, but if they're on, I'll watch them without question.

Also, the last episode of Mando was cool as hell in my eyes. I like that we're finally getting into some meatier story, but...

How could they just go and kill a fan favorite character so suddenly like that?!? Our hero's and that ship have been through some shit, only to be wiped in the blink of a laser!

Missed all the commotion the past few days here. I'm in a weird middle ground with the movies and TV shows. I have problems with all of them, but at the same time, I'm a man who can appreciate the trash. Episodes 2 and 9 are certainly in a pit well below the rest, but if they're on, I'll watch them without question.

Also, the last episode of Mando was cool as hell in my eyes. I like that we're finally getting into some meatier story, but...

How could they just go and kill a fan favorite character so suddenly like that?!? Our hero's and that ship have been through some shit, only to be wiped in the blink of a laser!
especially after selling an expensive lego set not too long ago! 😂

I was listening to The Watch podcast discuss the ep, and their opinions re: Boba were in line with mine, as well as their take on Razor Crest eating laser. They said it’s good that the ship’s gone before it becomes this piece of iconography nothing bad can happen to; they compared that to the Chewie takeout in Skywalker, and how you can’t have it both ways, putting characters in peril but keeping them safe because they’re Iconic.

So some context to that picture. The Acolyte might be the one I'm most excited for. It is written and directed by Russian Doll creator, Leslye Headland. It will take place in the High Republic era and will deal with a character who is drawn toward the dark side. It will be the first fully independent of the Skywalker line Star Wars vehicle.

Rangers of the New Republic and Ahsoka are spin offs of the Mandalorian era. No info given but both are written by Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau.

Bad Batch is an animated series set right after the fall of the Republic in Revenge of the Sith.

Star Wars: Visions is 10 Japanese anime stories set in or inspired by the Star Wars universe.

Andor is a spy series based on Rogue One character Cassian Andor.

Obi Wan Kenobi is set 10 years after Sith. Hayden Christensen was announced as returning as Darth Vader.

Lando is being developed by the Dear White People creator. I'd imagine Donald Glover's version of Lando and not Billy Dee.

Rogue Squadron is being directed by Patti Jenkins. No real details.

They said Taika is still developing his Star Wars movie.

Very interesting that no trilogies are in the works. Probably a good thing.

I'm excited for the Willow series. I loved that movie as a kid and wanted more of them. Warwick Davis will return.

Last edited:
Just popped on here to see if anyone had shared Patty Jenkins video of her 'Rogue Squadron' announcement. Talk about a bad ass announcement. I love Star Wars but dont have the connection to it that a lot of people have, and even I thought it was a goosebump moment at the end.

I'm as Star Wars nerdy as they come and I just couldn't do Clone Wars. There's something about a prequel with existing characters that I know absolutely make it out alive that just makes it hard to get into. There's a guide online of relevant or good episodes. I've watched some of the Mandalore ones which were good. I did watch the final season with the Bad Batch and Ahsoka. It was very enjoyable.

For my money, you can't go wrong with Rebels. It takes about middle of season one to find its legs but after that it's a great ride and more indicative of what Star Wars should feel like. They tend to keep the winks to more of a minimum and it's more geared as Clone Wars callbacks.

I’m very excited for the series finale tonight ..this has become my favourite show since Game of Thrones finished
just watched it and did not expect that
WIth the recap at the beginning repeating the connection to a jedi thing, i expected a jedi to come to the rescue. I did not think they´d go as far as to bring in luke. but i give them that young liúke ooked pretty great. But its a sad ending with baby yoda leaving with skywalker. We´ll see if the series still works withouth the baby yoda - mandalorian chemistry. nice pot credit trailer for the book of boba fett.

Back