STAR WARS! STAR WARS! STAR WARS

Watched it today and it was fun but it plays strong on nostalgia and cameos. Ist a fitting conclusion to the series but does not and anything spectacularly new.
And des, it has ewoks, so i am happy
I mean as long as it’s fun to watch, I’ll be happy with it. I’ve seen some saying it’s boring or oddly paced, but we’ll see.

the thing though that I liked about TLJ is how it changed things around and if it’s true that this one walks those ideas back, well, that’s kind of a bummer.

Huh? My post was in response to someone using RT to say that the new one sucks without having seen it. RT critic scores are garbage. I put more faith in audience scores, and my own experience watching it.

A direct quote of me will earn a reply. If you think that’s showing a lack of grace, that’s not my issue.

I don’t have an opinion of the movie yet because I haven’t seen it. But if it retcons the hot trash that was TLJ, yes, I will be pleased. I don’t begrudge folks for liking TLJ, I simply don’t. Just like I don’t begrudge folks for not liking The Mandalorian even though I love it.

I think Star Wars is at its best when it remembers what it really is. It’s a spaghetti western in space. TLJ was not that and it did it’s best to shit on nearly 40 years of what came before for the goal of “subverting expectations“. The Mandalorian doesn’t do that.

to be honest, I don’t have that high of hopes for ROS, but considering what TLJ gave us, it doesn’t have a high bar to cross to be better than that.

You’re kinda proving my point that, in the face of The Mandalorian, in the face of The Rise of Skywalker, with endless Star Wars content in the time since and in the coming years, you still seem to have this need to slam The Last Jedi. There are people who love the prequels, but you don’t see me taking every chance I can get to tell them what garbage I think they are.

RT has pretty much zero credibility. In evidence I cite this review score.View attachment 26865
RT isn't a thing that can really have "credibility" or not. It's an aggregate of what hundreds of critics think.

And audience scores have always been extraordinarily embarrassing, but especially so in this day an age of rabid review bombing. Joker has an 8.7 out of 10 and would be considered one of the top 10 greatest films of all time according to IMDB users. No.

I don’t have an opinion of the movie yet because I haven’t seen it. But if it retcons the hot trash that was TLJ, yes, I will be pleased.

Regardless of anybody's opinion of The Force Awakens or The Last Jedi, I could never understand how a continuous back and forth retcon in the same series could be considered good.

Regardless of anybody's opinion of The Force Awakens or The Last Jedi, I could never understand how a continuous back and forth retcon in the same series could be considered good.
It isn’t. At the same time, when terrible mistakes are made they must be corrected.

RT isn't a thing that can really have "credibility" or not. It's an aggregate of what hundreds of critics think.

And audience scores have always been extraordinarily embarrassing, but especially so in this day an age of rabid review bombing. Joker has an 8.7 out of 10 and would be considered one of the top 10 greatest films of all time according to IMDB users. No.
I haven’t seen Joker so I can’t comment on that. What I can say is that audience scores are a lot more predictable way of determining financial success. After all, the audience determines a film’s success, not critics with a political or social agenda.

It isn’t. At the same time, when terrible mistakes are made they must be corrected.
Terrible mistakes according to whom, though? Who gets to decide that? Regardless of your own opinions there are a sizable number of people who did like The Last Jedi. The concensus for this new one seems to be that, no matter what your opinion of TLJ is, it is much worse. When you start making decisions like that, nobody ends up winning.

I haven’t seen Joker so I can’t comment on that. What I can say is that audience scores are a lot more predictable way of determining financial success. After all, the audience determines a film’s success, not critics with a political or social agenda.
Don't agree with that either. TLJ was torched online by users made 1.3 billion dollars anyway.

Terrible mistakes according to whom, though? Who gets to decide that? Regardless of your own opinions there are a sizable number of people who did like The Last Jedi. The concensus for this new one seems to be that, no matter what your opinion of TLJ is, it is much worse. When you start making decisions like that, nobody ends up winning.
Enough folks felt like me to cause lucasfilm to pull a hard 180.
The box office for TLJ was also only 60% of TFA. Huge portions of the fan base didn’t do repeat viewings because it wasn’t good.

Well, thankfully JJ is back to give us Star Wars IX: Return of the Fan Service. Just give me more Rogue Ones and Mandalorians. I'm tired of the Skywalker mythos. You're never going to top the OT. Not sure why they bothered trying other than to make a lot of money.

Somehow the Mandelorian keeps getting worse. It's a mean feat to pull that off but I don't know if I've ever seen a show take so much, and do so painfully little with it. The entire plotline up until this point could have happened in two episodes. But thank god we got a five minute exposition about how the robot butler came to be...in an episode that didn't even run 40 minutes.
There are exactly 3 good actors on this show, one wears a mask in every scene, one only shows up in the second last episode, and the other is Werner f*cking Herzog. Thank christ Feige is doing a Star Wars movie...

Last edited:
Somehow the Mandelorian keeps getting worse. It's a mean feat to pull that off but I don't know if I've ever seen a show take so much, and do so painfully little with it. The entire plotline up until this point could have happened in two episodes. But thank god we got a five minute exposition about how the robot butler came to be...in an episode that didn't even run 40 minutes.
There are exactly 4 good actors on this show, one wears a mask in every scene, one only shows up in the second last episode, and the other is Werner f*cking Herzog. Thank christ Feige is doing a Star Wars movie...
The newest episode was the best one yet ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Theres not a single good actor in the original trilogy and those are still enjoyable

I saw Rise of Skywalker this morning.

Its...fine. Nothing more, nothing less. The film is exactly what you think it is. Nothing is fucked up, but equally nothing particularly interesting happens.

I think the use of Carrie Fisher is kind of laughable. The majority of her scenes are over the shoulder reaction shots. Every line she utters is about as vague and bland as possible so the conversations just about work. It's kind of like watching someone have a conversation with an AI bot.

Back