STAR WARS! STAR WARS! STAR WARS

Early reactions say it's a lot of movie, including one where they say "there's a lot happening, but the best parts are when nothing's happening." So...uh-oh. I'm having flashbacks to the assault on Starkiller base, which was so busy my eyes glazed over and I couldn't tell you a thing that happened during it the moment I walked out the theater.

Critics screening just got out a little while ago and folks like Erlich, David Sims, Emma Stefansky, et al have weighed in, and....uh.

I don't listen to any critics or reviews anymore on anything, I know what I like and that's all that matters..........all geared up for Friday night :)

Watched it today and it was fun but it plays strong on nostalgia and cameos. Ist a fitting conclusion to the series but does not and anything spectacularly new.
And des, it has ewoks, so i am happy

RT has pretty much zero credibility. In evidence I cite this review score.View attachment 26865
They're giving you a Star Wars movie that goes aggressively in the opposite direction from the one you've taken every opportunity to grouse about for the last two years and yet you can't even accept it gracefully.

They're giving you a Star Wars movie that goes aggressively in the opposite direction from the one you've taken every opportunity to grouse about for the last two years and yet you can't even accept it gracefully.
Huh? My post was in response to someone using RT to say that the new one sucks without having seen it. RT critic scores are garbage. I put more faith in audience scores, and my own experience watching it.

A direct quote of me will earn a reply. If you think that’s showing a lack of grace, that’s not my issue.

I don’t have an opinion of the movie yet because I haven’t seen it. But if it retcons the hot trash that was TLJ, yes, I will be pleased. I don’t begrudge folks for liking TLJ, I simply don’t. Just like I don’t begrudge folks for not liking The Mandalorian even though I love it.

I think Star Wars is at its best when it remembers what it really is. It’s a spaghetti western in space. TLJ was not that and it did it’s best to shit on nearly 40 years of what came before for the goal of “subverting expectations“. The Mandalorian doesn’t do that.

to be honest, I don’t have that high of hopes for ROS, but considering what TLJ gave us, it doesn’t have a high bar to cross to be better than that.

Back