Spotify Wrapped (share what you've been listening to!)

Kacey Johansing!!! I don't know anyone else that listens to her. She's amazing.
I discovered her through someone here, perhaps it was you! I’ve since been able to see her in concert, bumped into her at a Big Thief concert, and I should be interviewing her for my podcast in a few short weeks! I’m in love with her music.

I discovered her through someone here, perhaps it was you! I’ve since been able to see her in concert, bumped into her at a Big Thief concert, and I should be interviewing her for my podcast in a few short weeks! I’m in love with her music.
LOL yes it was

I randomly discovered her from the site I use to download most music a few years ago with her album that came out in 2017. I've discovered a lot of music that way.

View attachment 119926View attachment 119927
Apparently I listened to 3,625 different artists... but PJ Harvey came out on top thanks to the reissues. :-D

And woah I didn't realize that I went so hard on Boing Beat., but that track does still get me hyped.

Hooray for Chamber Psych people!! I had no idea this was a genre.
I don't want to speak for everyone here but I think most of us do buy vinyl (lol of course we do), buy merch, go to shows, of those artists we support. Spotify makes it so easy to find new music. Years ago you'd get one song on youtube, a music video on MTV or maybe a 30 second iTunes preview to base your decision on if you should buy something.
So much this.
I remember how much of a gamble it was to buy a new album from a band either basing it off of the singles or the artist's past work. When Apple set up it's digital music shop in the aughts, they would give you a 30 second preview on every song and you had to decide from there whether or not you wanted to buy it. Streaming the album before buying is something I've started doing a lot more of, especially as record prices creep up.

My car has limited Spotify controls once it's casted to it. I can skip tracks in the album or playlist, but it's still pretty limited. I still need my phone to do all the work, and now that they don't have the old Car View, it's not easy to use while driving.

I figured I'd give it a go for the 80 bucks.
I keep seeing that car view is gone, but I still have it? I guess it’ll go away soon enough, but I don’t really use it tbh

I keep seeing that car view is gone, but I still have it? I guess it’ll go away soon enough, but I don’t really use it tbh
In the last few days, it has started to load car view and I would get the option to stop it, except after the load up, no car view.

I hated car view. It’s whole point was to keep you from fiddling with your phone while driving. All it really did was make me fiddle more when I wanted to change music.

In the last few days, it has started to load car view and I would get the option to stop it, except after the load up, no car view.

I hated car view. It’s whole point was to keep you from fiddling with your phone while driving. All it really did was make me fiddle more when I wanted to change music.

100% same, it just added steps for me to find what I actually wanted

My Spotify playlist says a lot about how I played music this year : mostly in the background. Despite Rodrigo Leão shows as the artist I played the most I still think Ichiko Aoba is the artist I gave more time this year.

Back