Spin The Black Circle - The Pearl Jam Thread

i think - as with most pearl jam albums, it seems - this one is top heavy, with the the best tracks primarily occurring in the first half of the record. on early listens, i think the first four songs are the strongest, and then it generally tails off. this *is* a great headphones album, though, and now i am disappointed that the dolby atmos thing didn't happen because i bet that would have been pretty good. buckle up is a sonic trip.
Yeah, this. Only really listened to it once, though. The vinyl is stupidly expensive here in the UK, so I’ll be streaming it for now.

Can anyone give me some guidance on whether to buy reissues or originals of the 90s albums?

Well it all depends on how much money you are wanting to spend to begin with.

Some of the PJ originals can be very pricey! I have a couple of the reissues and they sound great. However theres nothing better than getting originals in your collection. Patience is the key!

Well it all depends on how much money you are wanting to spend to begin with.

Some of the PJ originals can be very pricey! I have a couple of the reissues and they sound great. However theres nothing better than getting originals in your collection. Patience is the key!
Discogs would have me believe that reissues sound like trash and have pressing issues. It can be hard to tell sometimes if this is just a few people who had issues speaking up and everyone who is happy not saying anything.

despite their affinity for vinyl, the majority of the band’s albums, including the early ones, aren’t known for any notable sonic quality improvements over the cds. if it were me and i was just looking to add those records to my collection for listening purposes, i’d save the money and just get reissues. it’s strange to say, but gigaton might be their best sounding studio album pressed to vinyl.

despite their affinity for vinyl, the majority of the band’s albums, including the early ones, aren’t known for any notable sonic quality improvements over the cds. if it were me and i was just looking to add those records to my collection for listening purposes, i’d save the money and just get reissues. it’s strange to say, but gigaton might be their best sounding studio album pressed to vinyl.
Agreed 100%.

So as today they would have played in Berlin my local radio station declared it pearl jam day and play lots of pearl jam all day. They just played tots- hungerstrike, their cover of crazy mary and mad season - river of deceit back to back.
Tonight 7pm to 9pm( in about 5 hrs) they will broadcast their 96 gig from Berlin .
You can stream it here:

Was wrong. The Concert Broadcast starts 9 pm our time which should be 3pm eastern. So in 2 hrs

Has anyone else been getting in on the cancelled show poster action? I’ve grabbed the two for the shows I was set to go to (MSG and Baltimore), both of which I like quite a bit - but what I really want is the Williams Apollo/MSG poster which I think is really rad. I was on vacation last week when they first dropped so I missed out in that one. Hoping to find one on eBay once the 10 Club orders start landing.

i used to buy posters, but the madness around them has really turned me off. i'll go for something if i reaaaaalllly like it or for shows i go to where i don't have to put in any work beyond simply walking up and getting one at the venue or getting one at standard price online through 10c, but otherwise i stay away. the whole merch scene, especially during shows these last several years, is off-putting.

i used to buy posters, but the madness around them has really turned me off. i'll go for something if i reaaaaalllly like it or for shows i go to where i don't have to put in any work beyond simply walking up and getting one at the venue or getting one at standard price online through 10c, but otherwise i stay away. the whole merch scene, especially during shows these last several years, is off-putting.
Oh I agree completely. I don’t even mess with the merch situation at the shows. If I like the poster for a show I’m at I’ll join the artist mailing list and try to score an AP (this used to be pretty painless until about a year or so ago when flipper bots starting attacking the artist sites) or a Ten Club drop if it happens, but I don’t go beyond that. Most of the posters for the cancelled shows are still available in the shop though.

is there anywhere that has the canceled tour posters all listed/shown? i saw the official band tweet that showed a few in a video slideshow thing, but since then i can’t seem to find a site or thread that shows them all in one place.

this topic today did finally prompt me to get a poster binder/portfolio storage thing for the ones i still do have that have been sitting in tubes for years, so thanks for that. 💩

Pretty much every poster for the gigs I've been to I've hated, which means I only have 1!

They did one tour where you could pre-purchase the poster for the show you had tickets to, not sure why they didn't continue that. I have a few from shows I've attended over the years.

Don't think I'll buy they one for the cancelled San Diego show though - hits a little close to home for 2020 - and is ugly compared to previous years in my opinion.

IMG_7728.jpg

Question...how often does the ten club offer vinyl exclusives? Just wondering if it’s worth joining?;)

They did one tour where you could pre-purchase the poster for the show you had tickets to, not sure why they didn't continue that. I have a few from shows I've attended over the years.

Don't think I'll buy they one for the cancelled San Diego show though - hits a little close to home for 2020 - and is ugly compared to previous years in my opinion.

View attachment 63002

I think that poster speaks wonderfully to 2020 in a Joan Cornella type of way. Also love the 80s color vibes, might have to track this one down! Thanks for posting :)

Back