Spin The Black Circle - The Pearl Jam Thread

i know i’m in the minority, but i liked can’t deny me. not a great or overly memorable song by any means, but i would listen to that song a thousand times over ever having to hear sirens or future days ever again. there’s some interesting sounds in there, too.

i also liked ole, though, so maybe i just have a peculiar taste among fans.

but dance of the clairvoyants is head and shoulders above either of those, and i think the reception among fans - which as noted are a hard group to get to largely agree on anything - shows that all along we just longed for songs that truly felt like they were coming from an inspired and creatively fueled band. i think it’s pretty safe to say pearl jam haven’t made many of us feel that way with new music in at least 15 years.

It took 35+ minutes in the queue but got tickets for San Diego today. Behind the stage was all that was available... I've been to concerts in the round, but never directly behind a stage. Should be interesting. I just hope the sound quality is good back there.

It took 35+ minutes in the queue but got tickets for San Diego today. Behind the stage was all that was available... I've been to concerts in the round, but never directly behind a stage. Should be interesting. I just hope the sound quality is good back there.
I can't speak for the sound quality in SD, but I saw them from behind the stage in MSG 2016. It was pretty cool. I was down low, maybe 8 or so rows up and right behind Matt, so it was a really cool perspective getting to see the crowd go apeshit from the band's perspective. And the sound was great - but MSG was just renovated with an upgraded sound system a few years ago.

By the time I got through the queue everything was gone for the presale. Hopefully there's something left for tomorrow.

They've acknowledged the crowd behind the stage SD pretty much every show. A few tours ago Ed climbed the lighting ladder and sang Last Kiss to the back.

I can't speak for the sound quality in SD, but I saw them from behind the stage in MSG 2016. It was pretty cool. I was down low, maybe 8 or so rows up and right behind Matt, so it was a really cool perspective getting to see the crowd go apeshit from the band's perspective. And the sound was great - but MSG was just renovated with an upgraded sound system a few years ago.
By the time I got through the queue everything was gone for the presale. Hopefully there's something left for tomorrow.

They've acknowledged the crowd behind the stage SD pretty much every show. A few tours ago Ed climbed the lighting ladder and sang Last Kiss to the back.

Yeah I’m looking forward to the different vantage point and seeing out into the main crowd from stage perspective. I think I’m four rows up from the lowest, so should be pretty cool!

As expected, the general onsales for MSG and Baltimore were a 10,000 car pile-up this morning. Going to be hunting for Bmore tickets.

I like the two singles so far. Sounds like they found some renewed Energy.
I'm also loving them both. Good to see them trying new things when it would be easy enough to just drop another album that's 70% garage rockers and 30% Eddie solo songs, then take it out on tour and whittle it down to 1-2 songs that survive into go-forward setlists.

Got tickets for Sea Hear Now (Lineup Poster), which will be my third PJ show this year, assuming that the Baltimore/MSG shows don't get cancelled. Fourth if I can somehow find my way into the Apollo, but that's not looking very likely.

Got tickets for Sea Hear Now (Lineup Poster), which will be my third PJ show this year, assuming that the Baltimore/MSG shows don't get cancelled. Fourth if I can somehow find my way into the Apollo, but that's not looking very likely.

And I got mine for Ohana. 3rd show for me as well, plus the bonus Eddie Solo on Sat Night. Ohana is 100% GA, and has gotten worse every year in terms of the stage getting overcrowded. Hopefully they put some additional barriers/protection in this year for PJ.

Had a listen through twice to the new album and i love it! Im not their biggest fan but this has really surprised me!
I got through it once in the background this morning. Waiting for my vinyl to arrive (should be today) and will sit down and give it a real serious listen when I can. I was impressed the first time through though.

i think - as with most pearl jam albums, it seems - this one is top heavy, with the the best tracks primarily occurring in the first half of the record. on early listens, i think the first four songs are the strongest, and then it generally tails off. this *is* a great headphones album, though, and now i am disappointed that the dolby atmos thing didn't happen because i bet that would have been pretty good. buckle up is a sonic trip.

Back