Spin The Black Circle - The Pearl Jam Thread

If I bought in on the original 10C sale on this and paid for their shipping, I'd be pissed. Given this is Target, exclusive does not equal limited. I'm sure they'll be plenty of copies long term on this.
I did and I am.

I agree with you, I fully expect that a year from now these things will be fixtures on Target shelves. But apparently they were cleaned out of the stores today, PJ die hards in there first thing in the morning getting the Target employees to dig out the two copies of Ten out from under the pile of 500 red folklores. Unbelievable.

I did and I am.

I agree with you, I fully expect that a year from now these things will be fixtures on Target shelves. But apparently they were cleaned out of the stores today, PJ die hards in there first thing in the morning getting the Target employees to dig out the two copies of Ten out from under the pile of 500 red folklores. Unbelievable.

I went over to the PJ Boards this morning, I see what you mean!

I went over to the PJ Boards this morning, I see what you mean!
The thing is, I really wonder what would have happened if they didn’t drop a handful of these as a club “exclusive” on the 10th. Even though those of us who grabbed them immediately realized that we had been had (hell I realized it WHILE I was submitting my order but didn’t stop for fear of being wrong), and it seems like the club realized they had fucked up and privately apologized to people who sent angry emails, people were STILL feverishly hunting for the thing they didn’t get. Even though it had been established that it was a crappy product that would be mass available soon!

If the club hadn’t done what they did - either said nothing and let Target release it quietly, or throw an FYI into the newsletter without the “member exclusive” lie - I really don’t know if people would have been driving around hassling the stockboys at 5 different Targets. It’s completely insane.

The thing is, I really wonder what would have happened if they didn’t drop a handful of these as a club “exclusive” on the 10th. Even though those of us who grabbed them immediately realized that we had been had (hell I realized it WHILE I was submitting my order but didn’t stop for fear of being wrong), and it seems like the club realized they had fucked up and privately apologized to people who sent angry emails, people were STILL feverishly hunting for the thing they didn’t get. Even though it had been established that it was a crappy product that would be mass available soon!

If the club hadn’t done what they did - either said nothing and let Target release it quietly, or throw an FYI into the newsletter without the “member exclusive” lie - I really don’t know if people would have been driving around hassling the stockboys at 5 different Targets. It’s completely insane.
Yeah, the rollout was 100% bad, I'm glad they are at least privately apologizing. I remember looking at the image on the 10c shop, and noticed that it had the Target sticker, so I figured I'd wait it out - but was pretty close to biting too. Part of it is the scarcity they create in everything they do though - nobody wants to miss the next benayora I suppose (says the guy who has a pair of PJ Vans sitting in his closet, but only wears them to shows for fear of wearing out their 'value').

Yeah, the rollout was 100% bad, I'm glad they are at least privately apologizing. I remember looking at the image on the 10c shop, and noticed that it had the Target sticker, so I figured I'd wait it out - but was pretty close to biting too. Part of it is the scarcity they create in everything they do though - nobody wants to miss the next benayora I suppose (says the guy who has a pair of PJ Vans sitting in his closet, but only wears them to shows for fear of wearing out their 'value').
I was flying through the process and thought “I think that was that a Target hype sticker on the picture? Wait a second...” But then I figured either (a) it was a different sticker that just looked like Target’s or (b) they just used an image of a Target exclusive cover out of laziness or something. I thought it was really unlikely that they would sell us a Target press and call it a member exclusive, and for the price I would rather take the chance than miss out.

Got a copy of the purple ten - my local target had it on order online/pickup for a brief period of time. It looks purple, but has some blue marbling when you hold it it up to the light.

Also saw that the Ohana Fest stream will be back up this weekend. Was disappointing that there wasn't any complete sets, it is well worth watching for all the Ed guest spots though.

£43.00
Service Charges:£0.00
Postage & Packaging:£3.99
Total Payment:£46.99

Need help with your order?
This is my UK order

Music Glue
Shipping to Germany the postage and packaging is 48£ which i find a little excessive. What would shipping 4lps from the uk to Germany normally be?

Shipping to Germany the postage and packaging is 48£ which i find a little excessive. What would shipping 4lps from the uk to Germany normally be?
There's been a lot of chatter about this among PJ fans - a UK shipping site was meant to make it cheaper to send to Europe but apart from the UK the prices are utterly ridiculous. Think it was £100 to Norway! Fortunately I can ship to my parents in the UK and pick up later but sucks for those who can't...

Well, it's the end of an era. Received the 2017 & 2018 Fan Club singles today. Hopefully they can press & ship out the Moline Vault Vinyl in a more timely fashion, that was only ordered back in October....
Going to be very strange to live in a world where Ten Club members are no longer constantly complaining about the missing singles.

Back