Spin The Black Circle - The Pearl Jam Thread

johnny guitar is the best song, or at the very least the most musically interesting song, on backspacer.

i put in for san diego and la.

the 10c store is a joke. can't combine vinyl and cd presale orders? really?? but much like with vmp, the fomo they create in that you might get a color variant or special packaging they aren't advertising keeps me buying from them.

i did see the new record is pressed at qrp, so hopefully pearl jam gave them good audio sources to work with.

Yeah, seems that they've really worked well w/ Ticketmaster for this tour (who would've thought!). I'm curious if the Verified Fan Presale will let us get additional tix, even if we get our 10c allotment. The Verified fan allows for up to 4 tickets and I've got a few friends that want tix as well.
You good?

Yep, got LA #2 and San Diego. Be good to find out if I got GA or Seats, but I'm in the building for both. You?

I'm in for MSG, lost for Baltimore. My buddy flipped the order and got the reverse so we're in good shape but need to get more tickets this week to accommodate others.

Yeah it's really annoying that they're not letting us know on GA or reserved until after the remaining sales. On the other hand, knowing where the 10C tickets are wouldn't really change anything about the bloodbath on Thursday morning - we're going to just be scrambling for any tickets we can get our hands on.

I'm in for MSG, lost for Baltimore. My buddy flipped the order and got the reverse so we're in good shape but need to get more tickets this week to accommodate others.

Yeah it's really annoying that they're not letting us know on GA or reserved until after the remaining sales. On the other hand, knowing where the 10C tickets are wouldn't really change anything about the bloodbath on Thursday morning - we're going to just be scrambling for any tickets we can get our hands on.

True. I've gotten no info on the Verified Fan presale part - hopefully you have for Baltimore. MSG will be a blast I'm sure.

True. I've gotten no info on the Verified Fan presale part - hopefully you have for Baltimore. MSG will be a blast I'm sure.
The VF notifications are supposed to go out Wednesday night. Fingers crossed, because based on how many tickets appeared to be available for the club I don't see anything being left after the VF presale is done.

The big question is how the "fan to fan exchange" markets will work out in practice. This isn't a concern for MSG, where all the tickets are transferable so it'll be the usual StubHub market where you're probably looking at $250-300 for the worst seats. But for Baltimore I just don't know if there will be a solid supply of tickets available for face, or if the exchange will be completely empty, or if people will find ways around it, or what.

I dig the new track. I see a lot of comments that it's Talking Heads like, and don't disagree, especially w/ Ed's delivery. Appreciate the fact that they are pushing the sound and experimenting. Reminds me of You Are in that way, which is a excellent live track.

I dig the new track. I see a lot of comments that it's Talking Heads like, and don't disagree, especially w/ Ed's delivery. Appreciate the fact that they are pushing the sound and experimenting. Reminds me of You Are in that way, which is a excellent live track.

I woke up at 3am and couldn't fall back asleep. Figured I'd check out the new song. Listened about eight times. Could've listened a few more, but figured I should attempt to get a couple more hours of sleep. Woke up at 6am and listened again. I dig. Greatly anticipating more.

It‘s actually pretty crazy seeing the difference between the way this track was received and how Can’t Deny Me was received. CDM got a big shrug, and it seems like DotC has everyone hyped for the new album. I feel the same about both BTW. Clearly trying new things at this point is a good move.

I wonder if (1) the fact that the album is announced changed the way this was received (if this had been released two years ago and pitched as “from a forthcoming album” if it would have hit the same) or (2) if the reaction to Can’t Deny Me helped encourage them to try new things.

I don't like the song personally and I made the Talking Heads comparison at a radio station event last night sampling new music to be considered for airplay. I was definitely in the minority and the song was received well by the room. The moderator of the event said that a more rock forward track is coming next so I'll hold my judgement on whether to be less excited about the album until I hear more.

Interesting questions. There's always an initial surge of excitement for me when they release something new, but I can remember the air being completely sucked out when I first heard "Can't Deny Me." I've only returned to it a couple times since it's release, mostly in hopes that I would find something there that I somehow missed initially :LOL:. I was delighted to discover that it wasn't included on the tracklist for Gigaton, but was also nervous about the first single. "Dance of the Clairvoyants"??? But my lord I have been listening to "Dance" on repeat... sharing it with my wife and kids... shaking my booty... I didn't know that this was something I wanted from these guys, but I am grateful for the gift.

I don't like the song personally and I made the Talking Heads comparison at a radio station event last night sampling new music to be considered for airplay. I was definitely in the minority and the song was received well by the room. The moderator of the event said that a more rock forward track is coming next so I'll hold my judgement on whether to be less excited about the album until I hear more.
Yeah, they obviously thought it was important to get the word out there that there were some good ol' McCready facemelters on the album. The word is that the next single is "Superblood Wolfmoon" if that helps you.

Interesting questions. There's always an initial surge of excitement for me when they release something new, but I can remember the air being completely sucked out when I first heard "Can't Deny Me." I've only returned to it a couple times since it's release, mostly in hopes that I would find something there that I somehow missed initially :LOL:. I was delighted to discover that it wasn't included on the tracklist for Gigaton, but was also nervous about the first single. "Dance of the Clairvoyants"??? But my lord I have been listening to "Dance" on repeat... sharing it with my wife and kids... shaking my booty... I didn't know that this was something I wanted from these guys, but I am grateful for the gift.

Agree 100%. While it's been a LONG wait for a new album, I'd much rather have some experimentation / moving forward than soulless anthems like Can't Deny Me.

Edited to note - Maybe soulless is too harsh a word. Formulaic might be better.

@Space Wanderer Any luck with Baltimore presale?
No - I didn't even get waitlisted. Just got a code for MSG (used it to try and secure tix for my friends but struck out). This is my one criticism of the process this spring - you had to sign up for the Verified Fan presales at the same time as the lottery, so naturally a lot of people (like me) had the same first choice for both. Would have been nice if we could have signed up or adjusted our Verified Fan requests after the lotto results so I could have put in for Baltimore. Going to see what happens tomorrow morning in the general, then it's on to the "fan-to-fan exchanges" in February. I'll get in.

No - I didn't even get waitlisted. Just got a code for MSG (used it to try and secure tix for my friends but struck out). This is my one criticism of the process this spring - you had to sign up for the Verified Fan presales at the same time as the lottery, so naturally a lot of people (like me) had the same first choice for both. Would have been nice if we could have signed up or adjusted our Verified Fan requests after the lotto results so I could have put in for Baltimore. Going to see what happens tomorrow morning in the general, then it's on to the "fan-to-fan exchanges" in February. I'll get in.

Yeah - I don't like the fact that if you got tix via 10c, that you still could get verified fan - seems like that should take you out of the running for it. Got a code for San Diego anyway, but I'm so far back in the queue it's not going to matter.

Yeah - I don't like the fact that if you got tix via 10c, that you still could get verified fan - seems like that should take you out of the running for it. Got a code for San Diego anyway, but I'm so far back in the queue it's not going to matter.
I don't know - everyone needs extras for friends & family. They definitely should put more thought into how the two of them work together.

I'm just happy that I'm avoiding StubHub for the Garden. Bummed that I can't help out some of my friends. Trepidatious about trying to get my hands on tickets for Baltimore. I've already committed to visiting my mother-in-law there that weekend, so it would really suck to have to spend Saturday night sitting on her couch watching the setlist updates.

Back