Soul Step Records Subscription

Soul Step Announces SSR-085!

We are back with yet another killer artist to introduce to the world! We are leaning into another FOOTPRINT SERIES release with none other than Sterling Drake and his debut LP, “Roll The Dice.”

Sterling Drake, has his roots planted in the tradition of Country and Western music, from the Mission Mountains of western Montana, all the way to Music City, USA.

Reminiscent of iconic mid- century country artists such Ray Price, Bob Wills, and Willie Nelson, Sterling has honed in on his "country crooner" sound touring with his dancehall band in honky-tonks across the continent.

Drake is a three time Billboard charting songwriter with work released via publishing powerhouse Extreme Music (Sony ATV) and Superpop Co. and has written with several Grammy award winning writers. Working closely in coordination with Copperline Music, Emley Entertainment, and Soul Step Records, he is ready to get “Roll The Dice” out into the world.

Get your Two-Step on when you give “Roll The Dice” a spin. This is an album that feels modern, but sounds like a lost gem in your dad’s old country record collection. Perfect to play after a day of herding cattle on the ranch or just kicking back with friends sharing an ice cold beer. Trust us, this LP is no gamble. Just great Country & Western tunes by an incredible emerging talent. Roll the Dice on this LP and you’ll get 7’s and 11’s with every spin.

Soul Step Records will be releasing the LP “Roll The Dice” by Sterling Drake to Soul Step Subscribers on Saturday, December 18th.
The general public sale will begin on Monday, December 20th. The tracks on this LP can be found on streaming on all services right now.

View attachment 121516

Managed to see Sterling play a couple of times last week on a run in Austin. I noticed he had a stack of these for sale at the shows.

Quit messing around and get this one y'all...I can't stop spinning it.

Soul Step Announces SSR-083!

Soul Step Records continue their mission to bring the best independent music on vinyl for ears to discover with yet another release on the vinyl format. SSR-083 sees Soul Step Records partnering with Cincinnati favorites In The Pines for another LP release!

In The Pines, who you have heard previously on Soul Step Records with their release “Slow Blink,” return with a brand new LP and bringing a new sound. The Psych Fuzz of the previous release is replaced with a hazy indie folk sound with “Impossible Daze.”

Many of their fans have embraced this sound from the digital singles “Bird Song,” “Brother,” and “I Don’t Mind.” These tracks plus Eight more grace the LP, “Impossible Daze.” It’s for fans of Dr. Dog, Wilco, and Kurt Vile. Intricate acoustic driven guitar work with the right amount of fuzz alongside grooving mid-tempo rhythms. In The Pines creates a soundtrack that is perfect for driving those lonesome back roads while you clear your mind. The layers built into these songs makes this album a great one to revisit time and time again to discover something new in the grooves.

Soul Step Records will be releasing the LP “Impossible Daze” by In The Pines to Soul Step Subscribers on Friday, January 28th.
The general public sale will begin on Monday, January 31st. The digital singles are online to stream, and the full album will be available on your favorite streaming service on Friday, January 28th.

IMG_4373.jpg

Good luck on our release today to everyone - just remember - we launch TODAY and not Saturday. Make sure you are ready for these In The Pines LP's!

Great question! And one I ask myself a bunch too.

Here is our latest pipeline....

SSR-078 - LP - should arrive September
SSR-079 45 (footprint) Should arrive Late August
SSR-080 - LP October
SSR-081 - LP October
SSR-082 - LP October
SSR-083 - LP December / January
SSR-084 - LP September
SSR-085 - LP October (Footprint)

And we also have a re-press cooking that may hit in September too...

Lots going on....we're just waiting for product to be delivered.

I know we just got a Footprint release but this is me asking if there are any other Footprint releases in the works for this year. I know vinyl production is crazy right now but how many releases are you expecting this year? You can totally ignore my question if you don't want to tip your hand and I will totally understand. Appreciate all you do for releasing great records Melvin. Love that you keep releasing all these great records from Nashville artists.

I know we just got a Footprint release but this is me asking if there are any other Footprint releases in the works for this year. I know vinyl production is crazy right now but how many releases are you expecting this year? You can totally ignore my question if you don't want to tip your hand and I will totally understand. Appreciate all you do for releasing great records Melvin. Love that you keep releasing all these great records from Nashville artists.

This is one of my favorite things about this site - we can connect on questions like this.

I'll be honest - After the Alanna Royale release, I'll have two more records planned for 2022. They will not be any Footprint Series releases but one is kinda close. We're attacking in some different ways as we lean into 2022 and hoping to get the back end of the year stacked with some new releases...spending some studio time with some Footprint Series-type releases right now.

But yeah, the slow down of the vinyl industry HURTS.

This is one of my favorite things about this site - we can connect on questions like this.

I'll be honest - After the Alanna Royale release, I'll have two more records planned for 2022. They will not be any Footprint Series releases but one is kinda close. We're attacking in some different ways as we lean into 2022 and hoping to get the back end of the year stacked with some new releases...spending some studio time with some Footprint Series-type releases right now.

But yeah, the slow down of the vinyl industry HURTS.
Thanks for the reply Melvin. So would you say your are transitioning to signing new bands and releasing new music as opposed to releasing more back catalog stuff? Either way I know the people on Needles and Grooves will always support whatever you do. I know quite a few us have a ton of soul step releases. I know you have introduced me to many great artists that I wouldn't have know about.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Melvin. So would you say your are transitioning to signing new bands and releasing new music as opposed to releasing more back catalog stuff? Either way I know the people on Needles and Grooves will always support whatever you do. I know quite a few us have a ton of soul step releases. I know you have introduced me to many great artists that I wouldn't have know about.
Appreciate it! Just trying to serve these artists and get the music into the world!

Soul Step Announces SSR-084!

Soul Step Records are so thrilled to share that the artist behind SSR-084 is none other than the incredible soulful singer-songwriter Alanna Royale with her release “So Bad You Can Taste It.”

Alanna Royale has long searched for a way to marry her life-long reverence for classic soul and modern R&B influence. Produced by the modern day legend Kelly Finnigan of The Monophonics, Alanna has fully accessed the depth of her songwriting abilities to pair with lush vocal and horn arrangements to create a collection of tracks that stems deep into the depths of Motown soul and Stax funk to create a sound that just as modern as it is vintage. Alanna has recently released the single “Fall In Love Again” to critical acclaim on Colemine Records.

Alanna Royale is for fans of Sharon Jones, Lady Wray, and The Monophonics. We invite you to drop the needle on this album that fans have been demanding to finally be released on vinyl. To sweeten the deal, we are doing the entire B-Side of the instrumental cuts of the album tracks. Everything you could want out of a Soul LP you are getting on this record. Alanna’s voice takes center stage while being supported by blaring horns and thumping drums. Add those DJ-ready instrumentals and you will discover why Alanna is considered one of Soul’s emerging talents.

Soul Step Records will be releasing Alanna Royale’s LP “So Bad You Can Taste It” to Soul Step Subscribers on Saturday, February 12th. The general public sale will begin on Monday, February 14th. This LP is available to stream on your favorite music service right now. However, the instrumentals will be exclusive to the vinyl format.

There will be a limited to 100 GOLD WINE GOBLET vinyl variant in addition to the standard black vinyl. Soul Step Records highly encourages fans to sign up to be a Soul Step Subscriber for free, as most of our limited edition vinyl sell out before it goes on sale to the general public.

IMG_5329.jpg

Soul Step Announces SSR-086!

Soul Step Records are so excited to announce that the artists behind SSR-086 are the The Saint Johns. They are back with their first release in Five years with the brilliant album, “Where Do We Go From Here?”

In the early years of The Saint Johns, the band made waves through the Nashville community with their debut EP, “Open Water.” The EP garnered enough acclaim to land the duo spots at Bonnaroo, SXSW, and The Tonight Show with David Letterman. After releasing their debut album, “Dead of Night” a year later, and spent time working on their solo projects - Sad Penny & Lonas. After these solo releases, a pandemic, a pregnancy and birth, The Saint Johns have partnered with producer Matthew Odmark to start this new era of The Saint Johns.

The Saint Johns are a soothing and nostalgic indie acoustic duo. The Saint Johns are for fans of The Head and The Heart, Iron and Wine, and The Civil Wars. Beautiful and lush acoustic tunes that are supported by sweeping harmonies to create some indie folk-pop anthems. It’s hard not be amazed as Louis Johnson and Jo Meredith use their superpowers to blend their voices together as One. The sounds captured on this record are perfect for a relaxing lounge in a hammock on a cool summer day or watching the the fresh snow fall with a hot chocolate

Soul Step Records will be releasing The Saint John’s LP “Where Do We Go From Here?” to Soul Step Subscribers on Saturday, April 9th. The general public sale will begin on Monday, April 11th. This LP is available to stream on your favorite music service on April 1st.

There will be a limited to 100 color vinyl variant in addition to the standard black vinyl. Soul Step Records highly encourages fans to sign up to be a Soul Step Subscriber for free, as most of our limited edition vinyl sell out before it goes on sale to the general public.

IMG_5940.jpgIMG_5944.jpg

Soul Step Announces SSR-086!

Soul Step Records are so excited to announce that the artists behind SSR-086 are the The Saint Johns. They are back with their first release in Five years with the brilliant album, “Where Do We Go From Here?”

In the early years of The Saint Johns, the band made waves through the Nashville community with their debut EP, “Open Water.” The EP garnered enough acclaim to land the duo spots at Bonnaroo, SXSW, and The Tonight Show with David Letterman. After releasing their debut album, “Dead of Night” a year later, and spent time working on their solo projects - Sad Penny & Lonas. After these solo releases, a pandemic, a pregnancy and birth, The Saint Johns have partnered with producer Matthew Odmark to start this new era of The Saint Johns.

The Saint Johns are a soothing and nostalgic indie acoustic duo. The Saint Johns are for fans of The Head and The Heart, Iron and Wine, and The Civil Wars. Beautiful and lush acoustic tunes that are supported by sweeping harmonies to create some indie folk-pop anthems. It’s hard not be amazed as Louis Johnson and Jo Meredith use their superpowers to blend their voices together as One. The sounds captured on this record are perfect for a relaxing lounge in a hammock on a cool summer day or watching the the fresh snow fall with a hot chocolate

Soul Step Records will be releasing The Saint John’s LP “Where Do We Go From Here?” to Soul Step Subscribers on Saturday, April 9th. The general public sale will begin on Monday, April 11th. This LP is available to stream on your favorite music service on April 1st.

There will be a limited to 100 color vinyl variant in addition to the standard black vinyl. Soul Step Records highly encourages fans to sign up to be a Soul Step Subscriber for free, as most of our limited edition vinyl sell out before it goes on sale to the general public.

View attachment 134785View attachment 134786

Really looking forward to this one.

Back