Soul Step Records Subscription

Soul Step Announces SSR-091!

Soul Step Records are thrilled to partner up again with the amazing Sterling Drake to release his new set of tunes, called “Highway 200.”
Sterling has continued to build upon his growing popularity in the Americana and Country scene by touring hard in Montana, Texas, Tennessee, Florida, and more. Sterling is becoming one of the top talents in the honky-tonk circuit with his authentic brand of Country & Western tunes.

“Highway 200” is best described as stone cold Country and rugged Western music. This album is full of stories and songs about working hard on the ranch, mourning a love that is far away, and so much more. When playing this record, you can close your eyes and imagine being around a campfire in rural Montana underneath a blanket of stars while Sterling sings the night away.
Soul Step Records will be releasing Sterling Drake’s “Highway 200” to Soul Step Subscribers on Saturday, January 14th. The LP is available to stream on your favorite music service right now.

There will be a limited to 100 Highway Dirt Brown variant in addition to the standard black vinyl. Soul Step Records highly encourages fans to sign up to be a Soul Step Subscriber for free, as most of our limited edition vinyl sell out before it goes on sale to the general public.

IMG_7905.jpg

IMG_7913.jpg

Soul Step Announces SSR-091!

Soul Step Records are thrilled to partner up again with the amazing Sterling Drake to release his new set of tunes, called “Highway 200.”
Sterling has continued to build upon his growing popularity in the Americana and Country scene by touring hard in Montana, Texas, Tennessee, Florida, and more. Sterling is becoming one of the top talents in the honky-tonk circuit with his authentic brand of Country & Western tunes.

“Highway 200” is best described as stone cold Country and rugged Western music. This album is full of stories and songs about working hard on the ranch, mourning a love that is far away, and so much more. When playing this record, you can close your eyes and imagine being around a campfire in rural Montana underneath a blanket of stars while Sterling sings the night away.
Soul Step Records will be releasing Sterling Drake’s “Highway 200” to Soul Step Subscribers on Saturday, January 14th. The LP is available to stream on your favorite music service right now.

There will be a limited to 100 Highway Dirt Brown variant in addition to the standard black vinyl. Soul Step Records highly encourages fans to sign up to be a Soul Step Subscriber for free, as most of our limited edition vinyl sell out before it goes on sale to the general public.

View attachment 163740

View attachment 163741

Been spinning this morning. Love the tunes and would have been an insta-buy regardless, but a very minor concern.... it isn't' an LP. At 20ish minutes of music and 3 songs on each side, I would label this an EP. A little disspapointing but only bc the music is so good, I wanted more of it! Still looking forward to all the things you have going this year, especially more of the Footprint series. Have loved all of those.

@soulsteprecords I received my copy of Sterling Drake (was lucky to get a signed copy) and spinning it now…

…and it sounds fantastic!

Also love that y’all ship the record outside the sleeve, wish others would do this.

Only nitpick is no liner note info…I wanna know who plays on and recorded this thing!

Nice job all around.

Soul Step Announces SSR-092!

Soul Step Records are proud to announce the debut 45 from Nasvhille’s own Westwood Avenue. Joining Soul Step and Westwood Avenue on this 45 is Erin Rae on the A-Side, “Bachelorette Screams.”

Westwood Avenue consists of Ryan Jennings from Teddy & The Rough Riders, who have put out music on Third Man Records and Appalachian Record Company and Carter Brallier of the renowned Santa’s Ice Cold Pickers that hold court at the legendary Santa’s Pub in Nashville, TN.

Westwood Avenue grew up together here in Music City, USA on the street that they named their group after and the tunes on their debut release revolves around growing up in Nashville and how much the city has changed in the past 20 years into what it is today.
The A-Side is the cult smash “Bachelorette Screams” about the boys & girls that roam Broadway every night and the shenanigans that follow. “Tennessee,” the B-side is all about the state they have spent their lives residing in.

There will be a limited to 100 Pink Cowboy Hat variant in addition to the standard black vinyl. Soul Step Records highly encourages fans to sign up to be a Soul Step Subscriber for free, as most of our limited edition vinyl sell out before it goes on sale to the general public.

IMG_8063.jpg

Soul Step Records are proud to announce the debut 45 from Nasvhille’s own Westwood Avenue. Joining Soul Step and Westwood Avenue on this 45 is Erin Rae on the A-Side, “Bachelorette Screams.”

Westwood Avenue consists of Ryan Jennings from Teddy & The Rough Riders, who have put out music on Third Man Records and Appalachian Record Company and Carter Brallier of the renowned Santa’s Ice Cold Pickers that hold court at the legendary Santa’s Pub in Nashville, TN.

Westwood Avenue grew up together here in Music City, USA on the street that they named their group after and the tunes on their debut release revolves around growing up in Nashville and how much the city has changed in the past 20 years into what it is today.
The A-Side is the cult smash “Bachelorette Screams” about the boys & girls that roam Broadway every night and the shenanigans that follow. “Tennessee,” the B-side is all about the state they have spent their lives residing in.

There will be a limited to 100 Pink Cowboy Hat variant in addition to the standard black vinyl. Soul Step Records highly encourages fans to sign up to be a Soul Step Subscriber for free, as most of our limited edition vinyl sell out before it goes on sale to the general public.

View attachment 165759

Do you have a copy of every wax mage you've put out in your personal collection?

View attachment 165759

Question for you? What makes you decide to do a full LP versus a 7? Is that the artist's decision or yours or a combination of both? I just asked that because I know Westwood Avenue has a full length album. I realize vinyl in any regards is a costly investment. Regardless just excited we are getting some Westwood Avenue on vinyl.

Question for you? What makes you decide to do a full LP versus a 7? Is that the artist's decision or yours or a combination of both? I just asked that because I know Westwood Avenue has a full length album. I realize vinyl in any regards is a costly investment. Regardless just excited we are getting some Westwood Avenue on vinyl.

Mostly my decision. I like to use 45's for a test-the-waters type of plan - they are not anything that makes money but a great way to introduce a new band or artist. I typically will do this with smaller artists in terms of their fanbase to see how the sales go - but I've been wanting to get this Bachelorette Screams track on vinyl for a hot minute - so I'm pumped to be working with those fellas - and Ryan who is in Westwood Avenue plays bass for Emily Nenni - so that's how I got hip to them.

Mostly my decision. I like to use 45's for a test-the-waters type of plan - they are not anything that makes money but a great way to introduce a new band or artist. I typically will do this with smaller artists in terms of their fanbase to see how the sales go - but I've been wanting to get this Bachelorette Screams track on vinyl for a hot minute - so I'm pumped to be working with those fellas - and Ryan who is in Westwood Avenue plays bass for Emily Nenni - so that's how I got hip to them.

Thanks for the reply Melvin.

Local Honeys Dying To Make A Living/Octavia Triangle 7” Dropping at noon Central. I’m sure everyone who is a subscriber already knows about this. Not missing this one. I’m sure Melvin would have posted about it if you could post pictures right now. Sign up here if you aren’t a subscriber.

Local Honeys Dying To Make A Living/Octavia Triangle 7” Dropping at noon Central. I’m sure everyone who is a subscriber already knows about this. Not missing this one. I’m sure Melvin would have posted about it if you could post pictures right now. Sign up here if you aren’t a subscriber.

Snagged along with both Alanna Royale records (no idea why I didn’t already have the first one)

Back