September 2020 Challenge Thread- The Gav-La’s

Day 26 - Dancing With Myself...
XTC - English Settlement
The first XTC song that I ever heard was "Senses Working Overtime" and it is such a catchy tune.

I immediately went out and bough this record. It was my first 2xlp. I had no idea that there that their label was also putting out single lp versions that had fewer tracks and a different running order. How could anyone think leaving of "No Thugs in our House" was a good idea?
View attachment 67781

ugh...that really makes me want to find a shop that can fix my 2245

Day 27: “Labels”

I was thinking about going to my go-to Vertigo Swirl label design, but remembered this one.

One of the better designs incorporating the spindle I've seen in quite a while, if you know the movie.
This label and cover art was done by Jock - better known for his Batman and other comic book art among other things.

Riz Ortolani ‎– Cannibal Holocaust
Mondo/Grindhouse Releasing ‎– MOND-047, 1995/2015

"Green Inferno" variant
Pressed at GZ

JeNMpZ.jpg

Bj6wWr.jpg

AzDH6k.jpg

Day 27 - Logos and Labels
One of the first records to grab my attention because of the graphic design was David Bowies Changesonebowie with the text all running together. As I started to collect more Bowie albums I discovered Stationtostation. What I love about the recent Bowie reissues is how his name is done in the graphic style of the label and its original design. Below is an example of Bowie rendered to look like RCA. Not only is Stationtostation one of my favourite Bowie records, I think it is one of the best looking ones, especially this version.
David Bowie - Stationtostation (2010 Harry Maslin mix)
02081C11-A499-46D3-8F48-FC9C59613C7B.jpeg
Cocaine, its a helluva drug

Attachments

• 84A30AAE-98C5-42D8-99B3-3437450FCD75.jpeg
    84A30AAE-98C5-42D8-99B3-3437450FCD75.jpeg
    207.7 KB · Views: 1
Back