September 2020 Challenge Thread- The Gav-La’s

Day 13: “Time” - an album from your year of birth

Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water
3D5F8649-7BB3-409A-8FC6-8E87DA8FF663.jpegThis album was released in January 1970, I would follow a month later. Everyone knows the title track but this also features some of my favorite Simon and Garfunkel tunes like the Boxer, The Only Living Boy In New York, and Baby Driver.

Day 9: “Yes but no but..” - albums your really not sure off..staggering genius or..shite

Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American

Make-up post. Jimmy Eat World's Clarity was one of my favorite albums in high school, and I was so excited for this one when it came out. And then it was this super-slick pivot to a much poppier sound, and high school me wanted to yell "sell outs!"

But, I didn't own that many albums at the time, so anything I bought was bound to rack up some plays, and it won me over as a pop album full of ridiculously catchy tunes, even if there's still a bit of ambivalence in my critical assessment of it.

Capture+_2020-09-13-14-07-29.png

Day 13: “Time” - an album from your year of birth

Prince - Lovesexy

Surfer Rosa is my favorite from 1988, but outside of that, Daydream Nation, and some classic hip hop albums, there's not a whole lot to like about the year. A lot of bands releasing good albums but not their best.

View attachment 66091
1981 blows. I have a few choices but scrolling the the releases on Wikipedia yeash lotsa bad.

Back