RSD 2020

@Lacubrious - How did you go with your RSD in Melbourne? Mine ended up going really well! 🙌

I fell asleep at 11:30pm and woke up 7:30am and was like “omg, I missed out on the midnight drops”. However, I remembered how I went to Heartland Records ages ago for RSD, and checked their site/Facebook page! Ends up they are taking orders in person from 8am and they didn’t put any stock online yet! 👀

So I left around 8:30am and got to Heartland Records like at 9:15am! I was pretty confident I wouldn’t get stopped by police! I got Magnum, Bone-Thugs-N Harmony, Billie Eilish and Tyler The Creator! They had everything I wanted in stock! And the owner of that place is so nice, I love him! 🥰

Then I got brunch and went to Goldmine Records in Fitzroy to pick up my flattened records and a few other stuff. Then guess what.....on the way home, I dodged the police! I was Punt Road and saw them blocking off Nepean Highway, so I did a U-turn and went another way! Baby Monster did it and escaped! 🙉🙌🙌🙌😜

Also, Discrepancy Records is so much more expensive compared to Heartland Records! These are the prices I paid:

Billie Eilish live At Third Man - $40
Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - $40
Magnum’s Fully Loaded - $50
Tyler, The Creator - Cherry Bomb - $55

At Discrepancy Records, these were the prices:

Billie Eilish live at Third Man - $57.99
Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - $57.99
Magnum’s Fully Loaded - $54.99
Tyler The Creator’s Cherry Bomb - $79.99

Even though all those titles were sold out at Discrepancy Records, I’m so glad I didn’t buy anything from there, and went to Heartland Records instead! 😊👍

Like Tyler The Creator was $25 more and Billie Eilish and Bone Thugs-N-Harmony $18 more. I saved over $60 just on those titles by going to Heartland Records. Ridiculous, ey?!

@Lacubrious - How did you go with your RSD in Melbourne? Mine ended up going really well! 🙌

I fell asleep at 11:30pm and woke up 7:30am and was like “omg, I missed out on the midnight drops”. However, I remembered how I went to Heartland Records ages ago for RSD, and checked their site/Facebook page! Ends up they are taking orders in person from 8am and they didn’t put any stock online yet! 👀

So I left around 8:30am and got to Heartland Records like at 9:15am! I was pretty confident I wouldn’t get stopped by police! I got Magnum, Bone-Thugs-N Harmony, Billie Eilish and Tyler The Creator! They had everything I wanted in stock! And the owner of that place is so nice, I love him! 🥰

Then I got brunch and went to Goldmine Records in Fitzroy to pick up my flattened records and a few other stuff. Then guess what.....on the way home, I dodged the police! I was Punt Road and saw them blocking off Nepean Highway, so I did a U-turn and went another way! Baby Monster did it and escaped! 🙉🙌🙌🙌😜

Also, Discrepancy Records is so much more expensive compared to Heartland Records! These are the prices I paid:

Billie Eilish live At Third Man - $40
Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - $40
Magnum’s Fully Loaded - $50
Tyler, The Creator - Cherry Bomb - $55

At Discrepancy Records, these were the prices:

Billie Eilish live at Third Man - $57.99
Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - $57.99
Magnum’s Fully Loaded - $54.99
Tyler The Creator’s Cherry Bomb - $79.99

Even though all those titles were sold out at Discrepancy Records, I’m so glad I didn’t buy anything from there, and went to Heartland Records instead! 😊👍

Like Tyler The Creator was $25 more and Billie Eilish and Bone Thugs-N-Harmony $18 more. I saved over $60 just on those titles by going to Heartland Records. Ridiculous, ey?!
Awesome work, friend. Glad you got what you wanted. Nice work ditching the Popo too. Those fines are no joke. I thought about going to Heartland too since they seem to be the only place that opened their doors today but woke up super late and thought fuck it.

That price difference though. That’s the problem with Discrepancy Records. They always over charge. I think I saved over $100+ by choosing Goldmine over them last RSD. It was the only place I knew had what you were after which is why I suggested them.

I got nothing. I fell asleep like you did but wasn’t after much and what I wanted was pretty limited. I wanted Guided By Voices and The Church but they were gone from everywhere by 2:30 when I woke up. I put a request in the help thread so maybe someone can help.

Was able to grab everything I wanted from the first shop I went to, one of the more seamless RSDs for me haha. Good management by the shop in terms of the queue and helping people in store

View attachment 63559
That Charli XCX is so cheap! 👀

I forget how much more expensive things are in Australia compared to the UK and U.S.! 😅

That Charli XCX is so cheap! 👀

I forget how much more expensive things are in Australia compared to the UK and U.S.! 😅
If there’s one thing I’d call Dublin it wouldn’t be cheap anyway 😁 This shop is good though, their RSD releases are always much cheaper than the other ones in the city in my experience

Awesome work, friend. Glad you got what you wanted. Nice work ditching the Popo too. Those fines are no joke. I thought about going to Heartland too since they seem to be the only place that opened their doors today but woke up super late and thought fuck it.

That price difference though. That’s the problem with Discrepancy Records. They always over charge. I think I saved over $100+ by choosing Goldmine over them last RSD. It was the only place I knew had what you were after which is why I suggested them.

I got nothing. I fell asleep like you did but wasn’t after much and what I wanted was pretty limited. I wanted Guided By Voices and The Church but they were gone from everywhere by 2:30 when I woke up. I put a request in the help thread so maybe someone can help.
Yeah, AUD$1.652 fine is so expensive! My heart was beating when I saw the police! I was hoping my detour wasn’t going to be stopped by cops! I felt so good when I got around them and back onto Nepean Highway! 😇🐒

love Goldmine Records! And I prefer the St Georges Rd store more than the Nicolson St one because I love Ben and he’s so nice and cute and so down to earth! He always gives me discounts and does the best job flattening my records! He cleans it and takes his time, I love it!

And the Nicolson St store is more second hand records, and I prefer brand new records, so the St Georges Road store is my go to!

I still do really like Discrepancy Store because they have such an awesome range, and I buy their own cleaning products from there! They’re awesome! 👍

But I forgot how much I loved Heartland Records! They’re just such an original record store like Goldmine Records! So unpretentious and easy! I also love Dutch Vinyl and Rathdowne Records of course because I love jazz, funk and world music! ♥

Good luck with finding those titles you want! I love how much Melbournians love listening to vinyl! Being in the suburbs near Frankston, I feel like I am unaware of how popular vinyl is here in Melbourne! 🙈

Last edited:
Is my first RSD! 🎉

Had to wait around for someone this morning who ended up being 30m late so ended up getting down to my local record store at about 10:30am (opens at 10). Was my first time there - first time in a small record store period since I was 15 - and was really nice. Small single room sized store with very friendly staff. Most of the crowd seemed to have gone by the time I got there (I know 30 people must have been at least as the first 30 in the store got a free tore bag and random 7") so was only about 5 other people around when we arrived.

Thankfully they had both Gorillaz still there which was my main interest and also snatched up the Denzel 7" and the Charli XCX record! Great haul 🥂 will definitely be back for the next.

20200829_134105-01fbkml.jpeg

20200829_120031-01efkor.jpeg

Last edited:
Is my first RSD! 🎉

Had to wait around for someone this morning who ended up being 30m late so ended up getting down to my local record store at about 10:30am (opens at 10). Was my first time there - first time in a small record store period since I was 15 - and was really nice. Small single room sized store with very friendly staff. Most of the crowd seemed to have gone by the time I got there (I know 30 people must have been at least as the first 30 in the store got a free tore bag and random 7") so was only about 5 other people around when we arrived.

Thankfully they had both Gorillaz still there which was my main interest and also snatched up the Denzel 7" and the Charli XCX record! Great haul 🥂 will definitely be back for the next.

20200829_114005-0128k68.jpeg

20200829_120031-01efkor.jpeg
Glad you enjoyed your first one ❤

So one of the funniest things to happen to me so far with this new social distancing Record Store Day..... my local started handing out numbers at 7 a.m., once everyone filled out their numbered form and turned it in the crowd dispersed. We went to Chick-fil-A to get food came back. There were latecomers though that have been flowing in slowly and now that the sidewalks empty one person thought they had hit the Record Store Day jackpot got here at 7:30 and had basically no wait. Only to be handed order form number 59 lol

So one of the funniest things to happen to me so far with this new social distancing Record Store Day..... my local started handing out numbers at 7 a.m., once everyone filled out their numbered form and turned it in the crowd dispersed. We went to Chick-fil-A to get food came back. There were latecomers though that have been flowing in slowly and now that the sidewalks empty one person thought they had hit the Record Store Day jackpot got here at 7:30 and had basically no wait. Only to be handed order form number 59 lol
Dear gawd 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣🤣🤣

Back