RSD 2020

I just want to put a strong shout out endorsement, and by that I mean an "oh with all that is holy cry to the heavens" endorsement, for the Hooker N Heat release. I can't tell you if it is AAA or if it is the best copy ever -- I can tell you that it sounds awesome, reach into your bones at moments awesome, some odd separation at times with Hooker always in the left -- but it is amazing. If you have the spare dollars get a copy, used, OG, or the RSD -- and it will sit you right down. It rolls out across four sides, some pops but a guitar and vocal clean and powerful and the music filled with purpose. It's why you (I) buy records.

I just want to put a strong shout out endorsement, and by that I mean an "oh with all that is holy cry to the heavens" endorsement, for the Hooker N Heat release. I can't tell you if it is AAA or if it is the best copy ever -- I can tell you that it sounds awesome, reach into your bones at moments awesome, some odd separation at times with Hooker always in the left -- but it is amazing. If you have the spare dollars get a copy, used, OG, or the RSD -- and it will sit you right down. It rolls out across four sides, some pops but a guitar and vocal clean and powerful and the music filled with purpose. It's why you (I) buy records.

I also suggest the Pure Pleasure reissue from a few years ago:

I cannot wait to get my copy of the album! I got the Pure Pleasure pressing which I’m sure will sound great like the RSD release!

Do you have the Pure Pleasure pressing for Hooker ‘n Heat @Skalap ? Or are you just recommending it because Pure Pleasure does great reissues?

I cannot wait to get my copy of the album! I got the Pure Pleasure pressing which I’m sure will sound great like the RSD release!

Do you have the Pure Pleasure pressing for Hooker ‘n Heat @Skalap ? Or are you just recommending it because Pure Pleasure does great reissues?

I do have this record and ‎Get Back Home In The U.S.A. too from John Lee Hooke. Both are great, as usual with PP.

I do have this record and ‎Get Back Home In The U.S.A. too from John Lee Hooke. Both are great, as usual with PP.
That’s so great to hear even though I knew Pure Pleasure would’ve done a great job! I’m looking really forward to receiving my Pure Pleasure pressing for Hooker ‘n’ Heat! 😄

I didn’t know you were a big blues fan as well! I always saw you as a jazz, funk, world music/afro/latin & soul kinda fan, but not so much blues! That’s sweet to know you love some blues as well! 😊👍

only need 50 bucks for this month with an easy to obtain record as my only real want (currensy might be cool but its not an essential for me at all).. october is harder because one limited run album is only 1K copies but chief keef has a good amount

That’s so great to hear even though I knew Pure Pleasure would’ve done a great job! I’m looking really forward to receiving my Pure Pleasure pressing for Hooker ‘n’ Heat! 😄

I didn’t know you were a big blues fan as well! I always saw you as a jazz, funk, world music/afro/latin & soul kinda fan, but not so much blues! That’s sweet to know you love some blues as well! 😊👍

I wouldn't consider my self a blues fan but it's certainly a music genre I like a lot.

Ear Candy Music shipped my Bone Thugs order yesterday too but judging from my recent USPS International experiences might not show up for 2 months haha, crazy what's going on with them right now

I mean, it’s a live Charlie Parker album. It was never going to sound pristine. Even the famous Massey Hall concert is iffy if judged only by sound quality.

On the Massey Hall concert: the bass sounds great but that's only because Mingus overdubbed the bass sections later (for his own label) because it did not pick up well on the original live recording.

Looking forward to hearing Parker at Midnite. I'm not expecting great audio but hoping it's listenable. As important, I'm hoping Parker puts in especially passionate and inventive performances (from fall 1952, and spring 1953) given the venue: the Howard Theater, a significant Black institution in DC. (The Howard Theatre | History)

Awesome - Great to hear. That was one of the 2 records on my Wantlist (I ended up with 6 so far, but I digress). I have a copy on the way. I actually had this on my general wantlist for years but the opportunity hadn't come up.

Back