RSD 2020

I have to say I'm really impressed by the pressings from LRSD. Would love to know who did them. I bought 3 - Teen Dream, Tigermilk and Black Pumas and they're all flawless. I was fully expecting rushed pressings with quality issues like RSD but they're really good.

Those of you who bought the Radiohead if it's a repress rather than b-stock i would be curious to know how it is.
Because I didn't buy the Radiohead, it will be flawless.

The international releases for this aren't exactly my taste. Here in the Netherlands two records where high in my list though. May see in August if I see some release that then catches my eye. ;)

if someone is still looking for the libertines jpc.de has it for 20€

Many thanks , I had a nightmare with mine , had stock when I ordered but in between ordering and checkout they ran out so my basket defaulted to the old black version which I’d already got..didn’t realise until it arrived so had to send back and couldn’t find any others at retail price !

Many thanks , I had a nightmare with mine , had stock when I ordered but in between ordering and checkout they ran out so my basket defaulted to the old black version which I’d already got..didn’t realise until it arrived so had to send back and couldn’t find any others at retail price !
Got mine from them today and it was indeed the lrs version. The marble on mine isn't spectacular, though

Well, it is in French… but we might think that CALIF, who's in charge of French RSD has been kicking out of it by Majors and others for the end of the RSD 2020.

EdYj7OyX0AEeMeY.jpg

This mail has been sent by the CALIF.
It says : You are a record dealer and you want RSD release, please ask directly to labels, majors and others. We are not able (human ressources and money) to do it.
My translation : we've been fired.

This mail has been sent by the CALIF.
It says : You are a record dealer and you want RSD release, please ask directly to labels, majors and others. We are not able (human ressources and money) to do it.
My translation : we've been fired.
Who's been fired? I'm confused...no RSD? please help:)

Who's been fired? I'm confused...no RSD? please help:)
God my English is bad.

RSD will happen in France in August, September and october. Usually, Independant Record Dealer has to buy the exclusives to the CALIF. CALIF organises all of it. It buys releases to the labels and majors and resell it to record dealers.
As you can imagine, they take money for this. It will no longer be the case for this year. Each record dealer has to deal with directly with majors and label for the last 3 days.

We'll see how this will work in 2021.

God my English is bad.

RSD will happen in France in August, September and october. Usually, Independant Record Dealer has to buy the exclusives to the CALIF. CALIF organises all of it. It buys releases to the labels and majors and resell it to record dealers.
As you can imagine, they take money for this. It will no longer be the case for this year. Each record dealer has to deal with directly with majors and label for the last 3 days.

Your English is a hell of a lot better than my French, or any other non-English language! :D Thank you for translating/explaining.

God my English is bad.

Poorly, I would imagine. If the Warner shipping fiasco told us anything it is that major labels used to dealing in bulk struggle badly with logistics of small orders to indie shops.

And Edd I am typing this in a French accent so I hope this helps

God my English is bad.

Wow this is crazy. I wonder why thats happened. I know in the past they have been very strict on stores selling RSD items early (I know of at least 1 UK store where which were banned from partaking the following year for doing just that).

BTW a lot of RSD exclusives can be pre-ordered from French shops and I strongly recommend Balades Sonores. I don't know if they are allowed to sell and ship outside of France but it doesn't hurt to ask. I pre-ordered Bone Thugs'n' Harmony, Gene Russell and both Gorillaz for me and there are a lot of other available.

BTW a lot of RSD exclusives can be pre-ordered from French shops and I strongly recommend Balades Sonores. I don't know if they are allowed to sell and ship outside of France but it doesn't hurt to ask. I pre-ordered Bone Thugs'n' Harmony, Gene Russell and both Gorillaz for me and there are a lot of other available.
I gotta get those Gorillaz albums! But I'm guessing they will be somewhat easily available in the US. Already have an OG Gene Russell but it's a cool album. I'm excited about the other Black Jazz Records reissues too (non-RSD)!

I gotta get those Gorillaz albums! But I'm guessing they will be somewhat easily available in the US. Already have an OG Gene Russell but it's a cool album. I'm excited about the other Black Jazz Records reissues too (non-RSD)!

Same. They are all in my want list.

Oh damnnn I wish they were doing that here. I really want the Gene Russell and Bob James in the August drop. Also interested in the Ron Carter release but the price looks insane if Rough Trade is anything to go off. I have found an alternative which is cheaper but they might have the wrong listing price.

Back