RSD 2020

The reason I ask is I don’t have this yet, so would like a copy, and if it’s meant to be a ‘better’ pressing is hunt it out. I was on banquet records at 9am, logged into my account ready and waiting, and all Radiohead and Libertines immediately had gone. 👎🏻

The reason I ask is I don’t have this yet, so would like a copy, and if it’s meant to be a ‘better’ pressing is hunt it out. I was on banquet records at 9am, logged into my account ready and waiting, and all Radiohead and Libertines immediately had gone. 👎🏻
I have a UK black pressing which I don’t think sounds bad, but I seem to have maybe gotten lucky. There isn’t much info available about this “repress” So it was probably silly for me to buy it but I couldn’t help myself haha

there was a thread on reddit about what places still have certain items in stock. I did see that the Libertines seems to be in high demand.

Yeah, I'm going to be pissed if this white repress ends up sounding incredible. My white copy sounds like ass and I figured this was the same as the previous one so there was no reason to go out of my way to pick it up. But it'd be my luck for this to end up being the *essential* AMSP pressing or something like that :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm going to be pissed if this white repress ends up sounding incredible. My white copy sounds like ass and I figured this was the same as the previous one so there was no reason to go out of my way to pick it up. But it'd be my luck for this to end up being *the* essential AMSP pressing or something like that :rolleyes:
My guess it’s a euro pressing which is far superior I’ve heard than the he is one but I hope it’s a surprise 45rpm version though😂

My guess it’s a euro pressing which is far superior I’ve heard than the he is one but I hope it’s a surprise 45rpm version though😂
I'm sort of hoping it's a repress or some sort of difference...but we'll see. As you said, the UK ones are typically better than the US pressings (I never buy US pressings of Radiohead anymore).

Yeah they sold out...

Pity they’re my favourite local store, I’m happy to drive as much custom as possible to them!
I was surprised to find it still available at HHV after reading all the posts acting like it was sold out everywhere. Shipping was a bit of a punch in the gut, but... AMSP is one of my favorite RH albums and I'm willing to gamble on getting a decent white pressing. Why am I like thissssss 😭

I was surprised to find it still available at HHV after reading all the posts acting like it was sold out everywhere. Shipping was a bit of a punch in the gut, but... AMSP is one of my favorite RH albums and I'm willing to gamble on getting a decent white pressing. Why am I like thissssss 😭

You’re in the right place! We all have that disease...

I’ve bought it twice too. The disks in the box set were a real mess so I bought the standard UK black vinyl pressing to substitute in. I don’t know if there’s a fantastic pressing of it tbh but that one was at least acceptable!

You’re in the right place! We all have that disease...

I’ve bought it twice too. The disks in the box set were a real mess so I bought the standard UK black vinyl pressing to substitute in. I don’t know if there’s a fantastic pressing of it tbh but that one was at least acceptable!
I spun my white copy the other day and I couldn't get even get past the side two it was so bad... noisy, distorted, just an absolute mess of a pressing. I remembered it not being a great pressing but was hoping I would be pleasantly surprised since I had listened to my copy of Amnesiac a couple days earlier on the new TT and it sounded way better than I remembered. But no... it was worse than I remembered, up there with the original pressing of Hospice by the Antlers... so disappointing, if this UK copy is at least quiet, I'll consider this purchase worth it

I spun my white copy the other day and I couldn't get even get past the side two it was so bad... noisy, distorted, just an absolute mess of a pressing. I remembered it not being a great pressing but was hoping I would be pleasantly surprised since I had listened to my copy of Amnesiac a couple days earlier on the new TT and it sounded way better than I remembered. But no... it was worse than I remembered, up there with the original pressing of Hospice by the Antlers... so disappointing, if this UK copy is at least quiet, I'll consider this purchase worth it

Honestly I have a lot of pressings that have sounded better with each cartridge improvement, the box set one was one of the really bad ones that sounded progressively worse with each better cart. The UK Black is ok though, but just ok, no better really, it is at least not a muddy crackling mess...

I can't do it. 61 CAD for an album I already own the box set of (with a side 4 that sounds terrible) on the OFF chance that it's a better pressing... I just can't.

Which means congratulations you guys because this WILL be the definitive pressing of this album simply because I've decided NOT to buy it.

I can't do it. 61 CAD for an album I already own the box set of (with a side 4 that sounds terrible) on the OFF chance that it's a better pressing... I just can't.

Which means congratulations you guys because this WILL be the definitive pressing of this album simply because I've decided NOT to buy it.
Well...congratulations to us then😂🍺🍺🍺

I have to say I'm really impressed by the pressings from LRSD. Would love to know who did them. I bought 3 - Teen Dream, Tigermilk and Black Pumas and they're all flawless. I was fully expecting rushed pressings with quality issues like RSD but they're really good.

Those of you who bought the Radiohead if it's a repress rather than b-stock i would be curious to know how it is.

Back