RSD 2020

The things I want all drop on different days. Does anyone think there will be a Black Friday RSD this year?

Not sure why theyre bothering with 3 separate days when the August one is a good majority.

I have a couple things I want on those other two days but Ill probably just go to my local in August and try my luck online for the september and october drops

Important to note these, like most Radiohead releases, had two different presses from different plants. The Optimal one is better than Rainbo but still seems like a lot of people have issues with it. I gave mine (from Optimal) a deep clean before playing and I don't think it sounds too bad but others seem to have issues with it.

I have the white Rainbo pressing of AMSP and except for some minor surface noise on side A, it sounds pretty damn good! Guess I lucked out for once. :)

Didn’t see the Felt release on the updated list....Wonder when that’s supposed to drop now

I'm not sure how accurate that is as far as stuff no one wants on the other days. There are 8 releases I want - only two of them are in Aug, same number in Oct, other 4 in Sep.

I'm a somebody. At least that's what I affirm to myself in the mirror every morning - that and that today I will rock out harder than I did the day before.
I meant it as tounge and cheek observation at the disproportionate amount of releases each day. I didn't really want anything this year so all 3 days are basically the stuff I don't want 😁

I expect that with 3 separate days it will be even harder to get the releases I want. I expect people pick stuff up they might not have normally b/c what they really want is not being released at that time.

One thing I am actually really looking forward to is that stores will have to establish better ways of letting people in on the RSD drop days.

I'm sure we've all seen stores turn into a stampeding free-for-all on RSD. One of my locals has always done things what I consider to be "the right way", and let a certain number of people in at a time. It's always so refreshing and far less stressful, and I've never felt that I've been slighted on finding something I was seeking.

With all things COVID-19, stores are going to have to set up some similar guidelines. And I am looking forward to not having to sit shoulder to shoulder in a mass of my fellow vinyl enthusiasts.

Will be interesting to see how they adjust the dates again a month from now.
Just let the stores sell them, online or in person, now. The idea that there is going to be anything resembling a regular RSD is asinine. Stores everywhere are closing and we're holding already pressed, in demand, titles until October when stores desperately need cash and sales now?

Cool.

One thing I am actually really looking forward to is that stores will have to establish better ways of letting people in on the RSD drop days.

I'm sure we've all seen stores turn into a stampeding free-for-all on RSD. One of my locals has always done things what I consider to be "the right way", and let a certain number of people in at a time. It's always so refreshing and far less stressful, and I've never felt that I've been slighted on finding something I was seeking.

With all things COVID-19, stores are going to have to set up some similar guidelines. And I am looking forward to not having to sit shoulder to shoulder in a mass of my fellow vinyl enthusiasts.

As someone who will not voluntarily set foot inside a record store for the foreseeable future, I’d like to be able to call the store and asked them to set aside the records I want to buy. If that’s not allowed this year, then the RSD powers that be can fuck off.

Back