RSD 2020

I wonder if indies will get a bit of leeway when it comes to pre-orders/holds for titles on each drop, considering the "event" nature of RSD isn't what it was anymore.

Good on the RSD people for coming to this as an option. Just like a lot of annual events, RSD is going to have to look different this year, and I applaud them for getting to a format that will still bring people to independent record stores (which is what it is all about, or at least what it should be about).

Think you should place a wish list with your local store who then order what they can and you pick up in an agreed time slot all at once..this three day thing feels too convoluted to me ..

The big thing is they are allowing same day online sales. So this will not be an 'event' and the characterisation as drops feels more appropriate. Lining up will not be such a must.

Also, this way they can either segue nicely to Black Friday being another for a month later, particularly as any BF thing will be greatly reduced due to list production capacity, or drop it altogether.

Disquaire Day in will happen on June 20th anyway and they will sell French exclusives only. For the other exclusives, there will be the same three dates as announced by RSD.

RSD France shared the list of the records available on June 20th. This year they allow pre-orders and even recommend it.

@Edd @ChristoBee

Last edited:
Reactions: Edd
It's odd that RSD UK has this listed and there's a page for it on Rough Trade

But Superior Viaduct has already been offering it online for half that price

EDIT:

I just found this listed on the Rough Trade US as an RSD 2020 listing, too, and I ordered this from Superior Viaduct a while ago

It's available now and for $10 less. Weird

Last edited:
It's odd that RSD UK has this listed and there's a page for it on Rough Trade

But Superior Viaduct has already been offering it online for half that price

EDIT:

I just found this listed on the Rough Trade US as an RSD 2020 listing, too, and I ordered this from Superior Viaduct a while ago

It's available now and for $10 less. Weird

Do you think maybe the SV versions are standard black and the RSD were on colored wax? I was thinking about this and it seems like some of the “RSD First” releases might end up being released after the scheduled store drops of some of the standard editions? Just a theory.

Do you think maybe the SV versions are standard black and the RSD were on colored wax? I was thinking about this and it seems like some of the “RSD First” releases might end up being released after the scheduled store drops of some of the standard editions? Just a theory.

They're not, though. Cllick the links.

That La Planete Sauvage soundtrack from SV is only relevant at all because it's yellow. I have the standard black from them, already, which is why I didn't order it. They were promoting this yellow one recently.

The Pascal Comelade states on both listings that it's limited to 750 copies.

They're not, though. Cllick the links.

That La Planete Sauvage soundtrack from SV is only relevant at all because it's yellow. I have the standard black from them, already, which is why I didn't order it. They were promoting this yellow one recently.

The Pascal Comelade states on both listings that it's limited to 750 copies.
Weird, IDK then. Good for you though (and whomever else is looking for these releases) it sounds like you might be getting a nice deal if everything shakes out.

Weird, IDK then. Good for you though (and whomever else is looking for these releases) it sounds like you might be getting a nice deal if everything shakes out.

I wasn't looking for them at all, actually. That's my point about why it seems weird that they're being included as RSD titles. They've been just normal releases through Superior Viaduct for at least a month or two. But, RSD UK is listing them as exclusive releases and Rough Trade is selling them at double the price.

Back