RSD 2020

i've been following some of my state's record shops' insta stories and posts during this quarantine, and it seems most (if not all) are hoping that on RSD they'll earn back the revenue they're losing right now due to the pandemic.

People!! even if you were planning on going to a record shop for RSD or not, make sure you help out your record stores on RSD (and also currently if possible) to prevent them from having to close down!!!

Can’t see it happening this year ... as well as distribution issues ..can you imagine policing the two metre queue rule ..Jesus ..I’m working still and believe you me ., some of the public are ass holes just one week in here ..they’re gonna be rabid by June

I know! I wish there was a good way to do it online and still have some kind of RSD feel. I'm sure the artists and locals would like the money!
All I know is the line at my shop is like a city block long before opening, if they were gonna allow for proper social distancing I don’t know if you’d be able to see the end of the it, that would be one of many logistical hurdles they would need to work out. They might just have to have like a lottery or something.

No "That Thing You Do" soundtrack though... always bummed each year.

Not RSD related but for anyone interested, The Wonders just confirmed in the video below that Mondo is releasing the soundtrack for 'That Thing You Do!'

I jumped out of my seat when they said it! I've been waiting for this one for a very long time.

Tonight I will pull some previous RSD purchases. Then Saturday I think I will slowly circle around in my office and randomly pull these records off my kallax. Still haven’t to figure out how to “spend” a few hundred bucks and feel guilty about it

Tonight I will pull some previous RSD purchases. Then Saturday I think I will slowly circle around in my office and randomly pull these records off my kallax. Still haven’t to figure out how to “spend” a few hundred bucks and feel guilty about it

Agreed, great idea. I'm sure I've a few from last year I haven't yet listened to! Put another way, looks like this year I'm being saved from myself...

Definitely not gonna be happening in the U.K. in June ..government advising not to book U.K. hols this year at the moment..just no way to police the social distancing at an event like Rsd ..my store has queues starting the previous evening , by 8am the queue normally is 200+ ..I normally get in line at 2-3am and have yet to break the top 10...when Rsd first happened I left the house at 7.30 and could be comfortably in the top 10 in the queue ...victim of its own success..I think they need to think of online or invitation only to store at set time if they are even allowed to open .. afraid record stores are not gonna be classed as essential shops and may be one of the last to reopen

Yup I am not sure local RSD national companies shipped the exclusives to the shops. Maybe some labels will like Brownwood that is selling what was supposed to be an exclusive for a few weeks now. We'll see. I am a bit sad for our LRS though, I know how important RSD is for them and how hard they work for this day. Some won't survive and others are a struggling to go through this. It's time to show them support and give them your money instead of Amazon or B&N.

Back